Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

These cunts. Johnson's at it as well, having condoned the booing previously. 

Ludicrous isn't it. A whole fucking cabinet who said it was ok to boo an anti-racism gesture. That they were against gesture politics jumping on the bandwagon with flags coming out of their arses. 

You just know they will be loving Rashford being knocked down a peg or two 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rashford replaced Walker. Not sure playing a striker at RB for 10mins would have been a good idea. 

Their keeper is fucking massive. They were always going to have the advantage in a penalty shootout. We should have chucked our attackers on in extra time and gone for it. Sancho and Rashford hammering them down the wings. 

So, should we have replaced Walker or not? Rashford shouldn’t have come on for ten minutes but we also should have put our attackers on? Eh?

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So, should we have replaced Walker or not? Rashford shouldn’t have come on for ten minutes but we also should have put our attackers on? Eh?

No. They should have replaced Mount and Sterling who were fucked 

Anyway, I'm giving social media a miss for a few days. The aftermath of last nights match was entirely predictable. Not sure I can deal with the platitudes from the main enablers of this hostile, racist dystopia the country is becoming...

If I didn't have family here I'd have fucked of abroad years ago 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ludicrous isn't it. A whole fucking cabinet who said it was ok to boo an anti-racism gesture. That they were against gesture politics jumping on the bandwagon with flags coming out of their arses. 

You just know they will be loving Rashford being knocked down a peg or two 

Like clockwork 

• Jaysus... 2

53 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No. They should have replaced Mount and Sterling who were fucked 

Yup. 

Addiotnally, I think Walker and Henderson would have been better Penalty takers than Sterling and Mount.

Either way, this young England team got to the final of the Euros and only lost to a very good Italian side on penalties. Danny Baker and his ilk who were demanding they threw away everything that got them there and attack with abandon are morons. 

Sure, Southgate could have made substitutions earlier, but he and the young England side can be proud of their performance.

• Like 3

There’s always the Winter World Cup in the desert to look forward to, with hopefully fewer England fans in attendance to detract from the side’s progress 

I've just been out the back with the dog and heard the bamp family all getting in to their car. The mam goes:

"What are we saying then?" 

"About what?" 

"Why yous are all late!" 

"NOTHIN'!" 

:lol: of course they've all just had a bampy family lie in and are going to school late. I bet their house stinks of farts. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There’s always the Winter World Cup in the desert to look forward to, with hopefully fewer England fans in attendance to detract from the side’s progress 

Gives us 18 months without listening to that awful and annoying "It's Coming Home" shite. 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've just been out the back with the dog and heard the bamp family all getting in to their car. The mam goes:

"What are we saying then?" 

"About what?" 

"Why yous are all late!" 

"NOTHIN'!" 

:lol: of course they've all just had a bampy family lie in and are going to school late. I bet their house stinks of farts. 

The kids will all be hungover tbf 

• Haha 3

Is it coming home then?

So glad I decided not to watch it.  I think I have watched about an hour of the Euro's.  Not been arsed about it at all.

Just a question regarding taking the knee.

Why wasn't their any scrutinise with regards to the England Union team not taking the knee?  Including some black players?

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Some decent points in the mix but that’s a harsh assessment of Southgate. He proved me wrong for most of the tournament. I would have liked us to play with more adventure with more of our attacking players starting games too. It came unstuck in the final against a good Italy side when we might have won if he’d been braver or made his subs earlier. He’s been a brilliant manager for England though. Yeah, he got lucky with the draw again but he followed up a World Cup semi final by taking us to a final without losing a game in normal time. 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

I think that’s s bit harsh but I agree about the negativity in this particular game. We almost scored too early and with some other games, Scotland particularly, he seemed unwilling to change things in a situation Where it was obviously needed. I would say he needs to learn from that to get the most out if these players. 

I hope I’m wrong, I genuinely do but I’m not convinced his decisions and mistakes are ones he will learn from.

He clearly favors Saka, Mount, Phillips to clearly better players (I think Saka and Mount are both good players fwiw, I just think he has more talented options, I also think Mount was poor all tournament but continued to be selected due to Southgates favoring of him as he supposedly tracks back more than Foden etc). I stand by that I think he’d be better suited as an assistant manager, I just think he tends to miss with a lot of his subs or team selections and criticism of it is being hushed since we reached the final, a final which was reached at times through brilliance from players he shunted to the side in favor of industry. 

My main worry is that it was similar to the Croatia SF loss in 2018, we went up early and progressively sat further and further back and rather than make changes to alleviate pressure he just waited. He didn’t learn from that to me, despite having a far more talented and deeper squad. I’m not saying he should have just thrown caution to the wind and threw on attackers but he had a ton of options like swap out Trippier for Henderson so we could have a midfield 3 and try to hold possession for a bit as we were continually out of sorts 30 yards from our goal all second half, or throw on Sancho/Rashford when Bonucci and Chiellini were camped out on halfway to stretch the field and alleviate the pressure that way. We can say it’s hindsight but honestly most people watching recognized changes had to be made and he sat on them. 

I’m more than willing to praise him btw, he’s done an excellent job getting the squad to where it is now, clearly his man management skills are brilliant as he’s keeping the squad happy despite the players noted above not playing much. I just see a manager that isn’t great at game day decisions and continually makes odd/overly conservative choices when he doesn’t need to and I really fear it’s not something he will learn from so we will waste chances for a genuinely talented and confident crop of players to fulfill their potential just to keep a nice bloke that has done very well but is arguably starting to hold back the squad a little. Hopefully it’s harsh and he goes on to win us things, not that it’s a must as I know it’s extremely hard to win but to have chances like this one and basically just whiff it and go out fairly meekly is utterly disappointing isn’t really good enough. 

It’s all moot anyway, he will be manager going forward I just personally have reservations about his ability to grow with this squad. I think he maximized the potential of the team in the WC but is holding back the potential of this current side. 

Want to add, I thought Declan Rice was quality yesterday but I absolutely don’t understand the plaudits Kalvin Phillips gets, hopefully Bellingham continues his trajectory and we see him take place over the severely limited Phillips. 

• Like 5

I said to a lad at work when it got down to the nitty gritty Southgate probably wouldn't be good enough and as good a job he's done uniting the players and being a good egg it's not enough if you want to win a tournament. Maybe harsh but he wouldn't get near a top side if he left the England job. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

@Howayfrom what I have been told by totally non-biased dirty Leeds fans, Philips was great.  My Brother in law who is a Forest fan said he was decent and got stuck in. 

He was fine in most games, I think he was one of the worst players on the pitch for a couple of the games but I saw people the love him just highlight that he ran 15km in those games. I don’t think he’s a completely shit player I just think he’s a very very average PL centre mid, Henderson is better in every aspect as a number 6. My confusion at him is the overrating of his games, every game was followed by pictures of him with “how good is this man!!! 😍” posts while all he did was break up play a bit and shift the ball 5 yards, which is his role but I don’t think he did anything impressive or above when compared to Rice.

I see him as about the same as what Dier used to be, people overhype him as he does the basics fine, is pretty no nonsense but ultimately doesn’t add much to the team. Whenever Bellingham breaks into this England side the Phillips luvvies might get the point, as Bellingham does everything Phillips can do but he can also contribute to attacking phases regularly. 

Maybe I’m being harsh, I didn’t rate either him or Rice before the tournament but Rice has won me over whereas I’m still scratching my head at the hype Phillips gets.