Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

28 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Leverkusen? Was great fun.

:)

got the train in to cologne after the match, on it was the biggest gathering of old 80s newcastle hoolies I'd seen for quite some time, all being loud and obnoxious despite the police presence. suddenly a green clad copper appeared, the fucker was too wide to get between the carriage doors without turning sideways and had to bend down too. he stood there arms crossed and stared down the carriage without saying a word. complete and utter silence for the rest of the journey.

never seen one man command such total respect in all me life!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

first class reportage from the beeb, this 

I think the major flaw in that article is the continued narrative that only a few hundred breached security to get in to the ground. (by whatever means) i think I posted 5 minutes before kick off on sunday that an attendance of 60,000 was laughable. the ground other than behind the dug outs on one side of the pitch was heaving. I reckon 20,000 over what we're being told is reasonable.

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think the major flaw in that article is the continued narrative that only a few hundred breached security to get in to the ground. (by whatever means) i think I posted 5 minutes before kick off on sunday that an attendance of 60,000 was laughable. the ground other than behind the dug outs on one side of the pitch was heaving. I reckon 20,000 over what we're being told is reasonable.

it's brilliant, honest reporting based on eye-witness video reports, expertly woven together.

i think the unofficial attendance might have exceeded wembley's capacity tbh, based on what people i know who were at the game told me, but if you have any material to support that you should message them or reply to the tweet

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's brilliant, honest reporting based on eye-witness video reports, expertly woven together.

i think the unofficial attendance might have exceeded wembley's capacity tbh, based on what people i know who were at the game told me, but if you have any material to support that you should message them or reply to the tweet

don't get me wrong, I think it's far more informative than anything else we've been given. trawling back through the bbc's match report I think the official attendance is given as 67,000, it's an insult to our intelligence that there was 20 odd thousand empty seats there.

quite how it came to be full you can only guess at, maybe thousands upon thousands of hospitality tickets? maybe thousands of less hostile folk who managed to piggy back through turnstiles with friends who had tickets? but whatever, the security has clearly been a joke.

I remember our promotion season in the mid 80s beating man city 5-0  and an attendance of 33,000 was given, that was laughable and sunday was on a par with it.

oh and just as a slight aside, I've got a better idea of how to carry out heart surgery than I have on how to tweet!  :)

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Good piece. Even less sad we lost now. Also, while the behaviour is disgusting and not something I’d condone for a second. I don’t think there’s many big football countries where a similar thing wouldn’t have happened we or allowed to happen. It was entirely predictable people would try and get in. It’s just amazing how easy it was for so many. 

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You mean arch-Tory Tim Davie? The man who's dismantling the BBC from the inside?

He is aye, however he is still indeed the Director-General of the BBC so I feel my ire is still worth directing at the BBC themselves, AS WELL as this fucking government.

Just now, Dougle said:

He is aye, however he is still indeed the Director-General of the BBC so I feel my ire is still worth directing at the BBC themselves, AS WELL as this fucking government.

That's like being angry at buses because the driver's a cunt.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Getting a bit of a vibe the new style football fan, (official with ticket), didn't like having to mix with the old style fan, (unofficial, no tickets) and it spoiled their day out. This isn't condoning those that barged in or made tits of themselves outside at all but shit like this has happened at football games for years and nobody would've gave a fuck but obviously when some of those commenting who were at the game as fans not journalists etc see it there's nowt the matter. It would be nice if after this reportage he does a bit on how they dish the tickets out because it really doesn't help the situation when you see the likes of Julia Hartley Brewer getting a seat in the semi final and others after slaughtering the players but jumping on the bandwagon. Again, that's not letting the fans off the hook but it smacks a bit of a final where carefully selected people are invited/have means of ensuring they get in but the hoi poloi should know their place and not be near the ground drinking and singing and generally ruining it for the selected few who are going. Shit like this has happened for years but England getting to a final hasn't. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Getting a bit of a vibe the new style football fan, (official with ticket), didn't like having to mix with the old style fan, (unofficial, no tickets) and it spoiled their day out. This isn't condoning those that barged in or made tits of themselves outside at all but shit like this has happened at football games for years and nobody would've gave a fuck but obviously when some of those commenting who were at the game as fans not journalists etc see it there's nowt the matter. It would be nice if after this reportage he does a bit on how they dish the tickets out because it really doesn't help the situation when you see the likes of Julia Hartley Brewer getting a seat in the semi final and others after slaughtering the players but jumping on the bandwagon. Again, that's not letting the fans off the hook but it smacks a bit of a final where carefully selected people are invited/have means of ensuring they get in but the hoi poloi should know their place and not be near the ground drinking and singing and generally ruining it for the selected few who are going. Shit like this has happened for years but England getting to a final hasn't. 

not sure that's quite right. there were plenty of ordinary fans in there. the fighting inside the ground was between fans with tickets attacking the wembley jib crowd, who had found a way to storm the gates. in one of the videos doing the rounds, but which i can't find now, there were fans who had paid for tickets irate, but clearly relishing opportunity to lay into those who snuck in, tripping them over, kicking them in the head while they lay on the deck and calling them cunts for not paying.

but you're not wrong about the large numbers of hoi poloi - everyone i know who got a ticket blagged one through some form of hospitality - but you are always going to get that at a big prestige event like this. that's just the way football is now. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not sure that's quite right. there were plenty of ordinary fans in there. the fighting inside the ground was between fans with tickets attacking the wembley jib crowd, who had found a way to storm the gates. in one of the videos doing the rounds, but which i can't find now, there were fans who had paid for tickets irate, but clearly relishing opportunity to lay into those who snuck in, tripping them over, kicking them in the head while they lay on the deck and calling them cunts for not paying.

but you're not wrong about the large numbers of hoi poloi - everyone i know who got a ticket blagged one through some form of hospitality - but you are always going to get that at a big prestige event like this. that's just the way football is now. 

I’ve seen that video and my reaction was “What a pack of cunts” towards the ticket boys kicking fuck out of the blaggers. 

Firstly- kicking people on the deck is a cunt’s trick

Secondly- why do you care? You’ve got your seat, fuck off and enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve seen that video and my reaction was “What a pack of cunts” towards the ticket boys kicking fuck out of the blaggers. 

Firstly- kicking people on the deck is a cunt’s trick

Secondly- why do you care? You’ve got your seat, fuck off and enjoy yourself. 

yeah, when i say ordinary fans, i actually meant radgie cunts. most ordinary fans are not like that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The hoi polloi are the commoners, dipshit ;)

• Haha 4

I know it's a generalisation but I've always thought England fans who go to the matches (especially abroad) are the creme de la creme of every  club's scum. 

I'm sure plenty families go to Wembley as well but the standard "blokes" are over represented by knuckle draggers. 

• Like 4