Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

The trick with the BBC is that itā€™s political output is overtly right wing but itā€™s drama/fiction output is relatively egalitarian/left leaning but the right wing factions are happy for that to be the case because it winds the right wing lads up no end.Ā 

ā€œthere a gay on the television, Beryl!!!!!!ā€

More often than not it strengthens peopleā€™s right wing sentiments.

Ā 

ā€you canā€™t say anything nowadays!ā€ EtcĀ 

Ā 

This. Totally this. I mean I would say this is true of society in general. Put all the cheap and easy left wing social stuff on TV while railroading the most right wing policies past people in the background, and claim that this is somehow 'balanced'.

Ā 

It's fucking genius if it's intentional, and IĀ strongly suspect it is.

look at something like the mash report - i wasn't a massive fan, except when rachel paris was on, or frankie boyle's new world order. these shows are as leftie as they get for a state broadcaster. i can't think of a right wing equivalent. probably because they're not very funny

i would miss panorama, newsnight, the today programme, have i got news for you etc.Ā 

i'm noĀ fan of kuenssberg and think they should move her on.Ā i disagree that the bbc's overall news coverage is overtly right wing though

Ā 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The thing about paying a subscription for the BBC is that most people won't. So the content quality will be markedly shitterĀ 

Ā 

I don't even pay for it now. Haven't had a TV license for about 10 years, don't need one, don't watch it.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

look at something like the mash report - i wasn't a massive fan, except when rachel paris was on, or frankie boyle's new world order. these shows are as leftie as they get for a state broadcaster. i can't think of a right wing equivalent. probably because they're not very funny

i would miss panorama, newsnight, the today programme, have i got news for you etc.Ā 

i'm noĀ fan of kuenssberg and think they should move her on.Ā i disagree that the bbc's overall news coverage is overtly right wing though

Ā 

desert island discs, the news quiz, i'm sorry i haven't a clue, everything on radio 6 - come on people!

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

desert island discs, the news quiz, i'm sorry i haven't a clue, everything on radio 6 - come on people!

Ā 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

TMS!

Ā 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the shipping forecast

ok, not thatĀ 

Ā 

:lol: tbf I'd miss most of them :thumbup:

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

don't disagree with point 1, but re: point 2. The kind of people bumrushing stewards to get access without a ticket aren't going to politely wait for ticketed people to get their seats before finding an empty spot. They'll grab a seat and if someone challenges them they'll act the cunt. Which means the people with tickets can't enjoy themselves.

So, I have a seat, but Iā€™m worried some random twat might nick it- do I?

Ā 

1- Sit in the fucking thing, ending the problem

Ā 

2- Leave my precious seat unattended, go down to the concourse, and kick some cunt in the headĀ 

Ā 

200.gif

Ā 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, I have a seat, but Iā€™m worried some random twat might nick it- do I?

Ā 

1- Sit in the fucking thing, ending the problem

Ā 

2- Leave my precious seat unattended, go down to the concourse, and kick some cunt in the headĀ 

Ā 

200.gif

Ā 

1. I go to my seat and find that there's already some coked up jibber sitting there who refuses to move

2. I choose violence

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sure you were praising it's amazing value in recent years

Oh look, itā€™s the poor manā€™s Darren GrimesĀ 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Alex said:

The BBC gets loads of (fully justified imo) stick onĀ here. But I do think the particular issue you referred to is a direct result of government policy. It also hasĀ next to fuck all to do with the piece Gloom posted.

Ā 

Perhaps I should have missed out the mirror link then, as I was not solely referring to the over 75s issue when it comes to their Ā£159 entertainment tax. That was just there to underline what a bunch of bastards they are as a corporation.

And you are 100% wrong about it having ā€œfuck all to do with the piece Gloom postedā€. That in fact was my point. As a non-license holder I cannot read/watch that piece because if I did I would be breaking the law and liable to a hefty fine. FFS man things arenā€™t always so obvious.

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

Ā 

Perhaps I should have missed out the mirror link then, as I was not solely referring to the over 75s issue when it comes to their Ā£159 entertainment tax. That was just there to underline what a bunch of bastards they are as a corporation.

Ā 

And you are 100% wrong about it having ā€œfuck all to do with the piece Gloom postedā€. That in fact was my point. As a non-license holder I cannot read/watch that piece because if I did I would be breaking the law and liable to a hefty fine. FFS man things arenā€™t always so obvious.

Ā 

I said it had ā€˜next to fuck allā€™Ā for the sake of your inevitable pedantry. And not paying the license fee is your choice.Ā 

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

I said it had ā€˜next to fuck allā€™Ā for the sake of your inevitable pedantry. And not paying the license fee is your choice.Ā 

Ā 

The fucking irony.

And yes thanks for confirming.

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Ā 

The fucking irony.

And yes thanks for confirming.

So you don't pay the license fee, don't watch the output... so what exactly is the nature of your discontent?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So you don't pay the license fee, don't watch the output... so what exactly is the nature of your discontent?

Ā 

Is this a gang bang like?

I donā€™t care for the bbc. Ā Pardon fucking me.

As I said earlier I canā€™t be arsed to write an essay, but I will say this: A state run broadcaster that charges citizens a tax to watch ANY live television broadcast, not just from its own channels is a fucking disgrace.

But hey the quality is oh so worth the 3.5 billion or whatever it is these fuckers fleece ordinary folk for on a yearly basis.

Once again, pardon me for deviating from this strange pro bbc bullshit love in.

Oh aye and btw does not having a licence exclude me from being allowed an opinion?

Edited by Dougle
Edited for shite speiling porpoises

13 minutes ago, strawb said:

Just seems a strange thing to get het up over given the state of everything else

Ā 

My original comment was anything but ā€œhet upā€

Itā€™s a few pages backā€¦..