Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I also loved the bit when he said everyone could call in sick tomorrow :lol: 

:lol:

He was like a drunk uncle. "Kids, you don't have to go to bed. Tell your mam to fuck off if you have to. The rest of you ring your boss and tell him from me that he's a cunt. FUCKING ENGLANNNNNNND!"

• Haha 1

Seeing as the Danes are all moaning about the penalty decision, any thoughts on the earlier one where Kane went down? I thought that looked like a penalty last night and have seen it again a couple of times and haven't changed my mind. 

If I can get one other person to corroborate, I think we can officially tell Denmark to fuck off. 

UEFA opens disciplinary procedures against England for use of a laser pointer, disturbance caused during the national anthem, and lighting of fireworks.

Hungary's craic is still absolutely fine though. 

• Like 4

Denmark can fuck right off tbh, FWIW I thought Sterling’s was a penalty. He got wiped out by two defenders, yes he went down but we’ve learned it you don’t you don’t get the decision. 

Everyone has conveniently forgotten the Danes constantly unpunished gamesmanship, breaking up the play with “tactical” fouls yet there was barely a card broke out .

One of their lads must have fouled about 6 times and didn’t see a card. 

Anyway I’m enjoying it and the hatred of other nations and FBPE types just makes it better. 

Between the hour mark and 120 minutes Denmark had one shot ffs 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Jordan Prickford.Now who disagreed with me the other day when I said he was dodgy? That’s two games running where’s he’s clearly been the worst England player.As usual,more of his long hoof’s up the pitch found opposition players,twice he hoofed it straight out of play,twice put his team mates in trouble by passing to the opposition within 25 yards from his own goal,punched one effort straight back from where it came from instead of catching the ball and as for his positioning for the Denmark goal…….

Yep,quality keeper is Prickford.

he had a bad day at the office yesterday but he's been one of our best players across the tournament. never looked out of place in an england shirt - he has been far more reliable than his predecessors 

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Denmark can fuck right off tbh, FWIW I thought Sterling’s was a penalty. He got wiped out by two defenders, yes he went down but we’ve learned it you don’t you don’t get the decision. 

Everyone has conveniently forgotten the Danes constantly unpunished gamesmanship, breaking up the play with “tactical” fouls yet there was barely a card broke out .

One of their lads must have fouled about 6 times and didn’t see a card. 

The ref set the tone by blowing for absolutely fuck all 3 times in the first two minutes. Their goal came from a light foul, so did our penalty. Everyone can politely get fucked.

• Like 1

england were by far the better team and deserved to win. i had a feeling it would go to penalties and am relieved i was wrong. 

the twats who boo the anthem or taking the knee can get to fuck but i bloody love this england team. look how far they've come since the iceland game under hodgson at the last euros.

it's always newcastle first for me too, but there is a lot to like about the manager and the side he has put together. hard not to get carried away with it. we were lucky with the draw once again and i wouldn't be surprised if italy win - they will be the first really quality team we have met in the tournament so far.

• Like 2

None of this would have been possible as well if it wasn't for Sam Allardyce being such a fucking reprehensible, corrupt bellend of a man. Thanks Big Sam, we owe you one. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

None of this would have been possible as well if it wasn't for Sam Allardyce being such a fucking reprehensible, corrupt bellend of a man. Thanks Big Sam, we owe you one. 

image.png.312e0811abf00f8c2c715581226b1b69.png

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

how is everyone's productivity today btw? i am absolutely hanging out my arse :lol:

Aye fucked. I had a call at 9am and got grilled on some complicated logic for something. I was all over the place. 

2 hour meeting this afternoon which I'm dreading. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It’s nailed on Allardyce will think it’s down to him as well. Probably something to do with sports science and statistical analysis rather than bungs though :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye fucked. I had a call at 9am and got grilled on some complicated logic for something. I was all over the place. 

2 hour meeting this afternoon which I'm dreading. 

i had the lads over mine to watch it, got absolutely bladdered on home-pour g&t then kept the wife up most of the night snoring and groaning in my sleep, then i fell over after using the toilet at about 6.20am, waking the entire house up. with an almighty crash. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t think the free kick they scored from was a free kick at all tbh, it was 50/50.

Aye it was soft, it’s sort of being swept under the rug how much of a bunch of shit houses the Danish were. Delaney had 6 fouls without a card, and they got away with a fucking ton of clear fouls. The ref must have thought Kjaer, Christensen, and Vestergaard can legitimately keep pace with Sterling and Saka when in actual fact the pair of them were checked or grabbed nearly everytime they touched the ball. 

I also don’t really see what was so absurdly egregious about the Sterling pen, it was soft but a lot of outlets are looking at the second contact rather than the initial one, it might have been soft but I can see why it was given as yet again the Danish players basically looked to block the player and not the ball as they had done all fucking game. Pens like that are given constantly in the league, I get the argument of feeling aggrieved if it happened against your side but I think the reverse applies that if that wasn’t given our side would have felt aggrieved. 

They also have a brass neck whinging about diving when their lot were going down like absolute fannies under any contact, the most egregious was Vestergaard acting like Tyson Fury smacked him after Sterlings hand grazed his cheek.

The result was fair tbh, people can whinge about the penalty but it wasn’t some absurdly blatant dive under zero contact and the Danish absolutely didn’t deserve anything from the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1