The Euro 2020 final thread for people who actually just want to enjoy the fucking thing

Andrew

England make it to their first international final in 55 years, its great!

Final is on Sunday at 8pm against Italy.

And I'll just remove the other stuff, fuck it.

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

3…2…1… :lol:

Hehe I am also fully aware and absolutely fine with it if you and I are the only people who ever post in here.

I honestly can't stand the negativity.

Fucking unreal, never thought I’d see a final tbh. I was too young for any of Newcastle’s and England were always useless at tournaments. Fucking buzzing. I’m going to be a wreck on Sunday mind. 

Hopefully the takeover goes through and this is the first of many I get to watch. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hehe I am also fully aware and absolutely fine with it if you and I are the only people who ever post in here.

I honestly can't stand the negativity.

Is this a secret forum?!

• Haha 5

@Isegrim it takes you longer to type these than it does for me to delete them.

Was the Euro 2020 thread not enough for you? Its right there waiting for you to be a twat in.

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

Fucking unreal, never thought I’d see a final tbh. I was too young for any of Newcastle’s and England were always useless at tournaments. Fucking buzzing. I’m going to be a wreck on Sunday mind. 

Hopefully the takeover goes through and this is the first of many I get to watch. 

I remember the two FA cup finals of the 90s and thats it for me. 

I am beyond excited.

• Like 2

Just now, Ugly Mackems said:

Don't tell me the usual miserable bastards are crying over England reaching the final? 

Of course they are, and they're welcome to do it in the Euro 2020 thread.

3 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Don't tell me the usual miserable bastards are crying over England reaching the final? 

I thought this was a secret thread.  Who let him in?

• Haha 1

Shaping to be a really intriguing match, hope it's a spectacle that the best team wins, no penalties (during the game or to decide it).

Will probably even get up to watch it, 5AM on a freezing cold Monday winter morning in the middle of a lockdown.

17 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I thought this was a secret thread.  Who let him in?

tbf to UM, you can absolutely rely on him to support his team.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Shaping to be a really intriguing match, hope it's a spectacle that the best team wins, no penalties (during the game or to decide it).

Will probably even get up to watch it, 5AM on a freezing cold Monday winter morning in the middle of a lockdown.

I've booked monday off, its a 7am kickoff here which is a bit more forgiving, but am I fuck going to be going to work after, regardless of the result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I've booked monday off, its a 7am kickoff here which is a bit more forgiving, but am I fuck going to be going to work after, regardless of the result.

Nice one. Does anybody give a fuck or even watch it over there, or just you? 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one. Does anybody give a fuck or even watch it over there, or just you? 

People are happy for me more than actually giving a shit about it directly, cricket and rugby are more the sports for the people I know who care about any sports at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

People are happy for me more than actually giving a shit about it directly, cricket and rugby are more the sports for the people I know who care about any sports at all.

what about hobbit hunting?

:lol:

To be fair like, Isegrim and ewerk can be as negative as they like in whatever thread they like (they haven't necessarily been btw, it's all good laughs for the most part). It's not their jobs to be positive when England win. As we established last night, their job when England win and reach major finals, is to munch my plums. 

My main issue was with Renton finding it "literally impossible" to enjoy, but also to even comprehend the enjoyment of a moment that most of us had never seen (and for the most part probably assumed we never would see) until last night. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

To be fair like, Isegrim and ewerk can be as negative as they like in whatever thread they like (they haven't necessarily been btw, it's all good laughs for the most part). It's not their jobs to be positive when England win. As we established last night, their job when England win and reach major finals, is to munch my plums. 

My main issue was with Renton finding it "literally impossible" to enjoy, but also to even comprehend the enjoyment of a moment that most of us had never seen (and for the most part probably assumed we never would see) until last night. 

I started the thread a a joke tbh, expecting no one to bother and float off down the forum but isegrims continues insistence on posting in here has made it entirely worth it. 

Hes written two or three big whiny diatribes about me or the idea of the thead or some other shit and its just *click* gone. Im not even reading them anymore. 

Theres a thread where he can moan away and people can engage it if they want and then theres this thread, its right in the title and the OP and he apparently cant /stand/ it. 

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic