The Euro 2020 final thread for people who actually just want to enjoy the fucking thing

Andrew

Youre all welcome to post in the actual euro 2020 thread :lol:

Fucking hell Quiff didnt even give the slightest shit when i tidied up the politics thread, I didn't expect this. 

Off out for the evening anyway, have fun kiddos. Ill tidy this up when I get home. 

Have to say, I'm a bit bemused by the reaction of the non-English to this :lol: Germany are practically my second team in international football for no reason other than I've enjoyed their football over the years. I don't think any other team winning or succeeding at international football would bother me in the slightest though. Why is England being successful such a pain for people?

Anyway, I love that Southgate has achieved all of this without having a golden generation or really any out and out worldclass players. Just an incredibly professional team - maybe it doesn't have the drama and stories of the golden generation, but its achieved far more, while being considerably more likable.

One thing I am definitely going to permit myself to do in the run up to Sunday is believe that England can win. The temptation is always to cover your losses on this stuff and assume the worst but I'm going to try as best I can to stick to believing in it because we'll quite possibly never be in this position again for as long as I live.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Anyway, I love that Southgate has achieved all of this without having a golden generation or really any out and out worldclass players. Just an incredibly professional team - maybe it doesn't have the drama and stories of the golden generation, but its achieved far more, while being considerably more likable.

I mean he has over a billion pounds worth of players in the squad but aye, you're the tournaments plucky underdogs. :lol: 

I was thinking about this yesterday, and without sounding like a sad old cunt, I reckon believing England can win is for the young. That was me at Italia 90 and Euro 96.

Now I just hope for the best and assume they'll get beat in the big games. Especially this weekend against Italy. Still really looking forward to the final though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I mean he has over a billion pounds worth of players in the squad but aye, you're the tournaments plucky underdogs. :lol: 

I mean the money is only as high as that because the PL is nuts though. Do any of the England team walk into any other top tier club team elsewhere in Europe? Seriously any of them?

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Have to say, I'm a bit bemused by the reaction of the non-English to this :lol: Germany are practically my second team in international football for no reason other than I've enjoyed their football over the years. I don't think any other team winning or succeeding at international football would bother me in the slightest though. Why is England being successful such a pain for people?

One thing I am definitely going to permit myself to do in the run up to Sunday is believe that England can win. The temptation is always to cover your losses on this stuff and assume the worst but I'm going to try as best I can to stick to believing in it because we'll quite possibly never be in this position again for as long as I live.

THEY HATE US COS THEY AIN'T US. 

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean the money is only as high as that because the PL is nuts though. Do any of the England team walk into any other top tier club team elsewhere in Europe? Seriously any of them?

Seriously? Most of them. Pickford, Saka, Rice and KP aside they’re all capable of playing for Europe’s top sides.

Where I think you’ll agree is that they seem to lack the ego and haven’t gotten the same hype as England teams of the past.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Seriously? Most of them. Pickford, Saka, Rice and KP aside they’re all capable of playing for Europe’s top sides.

Where I think you’ll agree is that they seem to lack the ego and haven’t gotten the same hype as England teams of the past.

Aye considering how many of them have been champions league finalists in the last 4 or so years.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it then, I mean I don't pay that much attention to the upper levels of the PL these days I guess. I wouldn't have said this team has any 'world class' players though, myself. I think they're more a professional and competent unit, than they are a team of superior individuals.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

England have been up there as favourites since the start of the tournament tbf. I think the shock of it all is that we’re in a final and haven’t actually fucked it up for once.

Aye, usually by now one of the tabloid shitrags has “exposed” some mildly dodgy behaviour by a player, or made up some nonsense. 
This lot seem to be keeping their noses clean, but there’s still time for the Daily Hate to claim Southgate bummed his neighbours pet geese or whatever. :lol:

• Haha 2

I'm older and bitter but hope England win it especially for the bairns, for the players who've put up with shit from the mail/telegraph etc, for Rashford for showing up Johnson but especially as it'll piss Renton, err, I mean Fox, Farage and the gammons off. :lol:

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Most of them.

Walker is one of the best RB in the world. And in the bench you have Trippier, Starter RB in Atletico (Spanish Champion). Stones is playing in the Champions League Runner Up and Maguire (I dont like so much) is a very decent player. You have Shaw and Chilwell (Champions League champions), you have Sterling and Kane... You have Mount (another Champions League champions), you have Foden in the bench (starter with Guardiola), you have Sancho in the bench, you have Grealish in the bench. Henderson, the captain of Liverpool who dominates Premier during 2 years and 2 Champions league finalist in last 3 years is in the bench... You have a tremendous team.

Is the mix between players very consolidated in the top like Walker, Sterling, Henderson or Kane with the new generation of young players (England was U20 and U17 World Champions in 2017, third in U21 European Championship in 2017 and Runner Up in U17 European Championship in 2017). With players like Sancho, Foden or DCL. You add players that are news in England Squad like Grealish and Rice, a decent players like KP and very solid players in the bench... And you have a very good team to play the tournament. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

What have I missed? 

Are we all taking about how much we don't want England to win it and how its coming home wankers need a slap 😂

Right then @Andrew, here's the test of your mettle :lol:  

• Haha 5

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic
23 hours ago, Andrew said:

Youre all welcome to post in the actual euro 2020 thread :lol:

Fucking hell Quiff didnt even give the slightest shit when i tidied up the politics thread, I didn't expect this. 

Off out for the evening anyway, have fun kiddos. Ill tidy this up when I get home. 

You did what 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm not joking, what did you do to the politics thread Andrew?

Ah it all just got a bit silly so I moved some stuff out to the general chat thread and let it carry on from the last politics related post.

Here you go