Olympics 2020 or 2021

Ayatollah Hermione

It’s here, baby. Last time out in Rio, we had mugging and barely constructed stadiums. This time, COVID is cutting through the Olympic Village like nothing seen since the great STD outbreak of 82 (probably).

We’ve got Baseball, Softball and Karate because the Asians are fucking mad for it and skateboarding is in because it has great potential for serious bodily harm which puts it above boring Tory shit like Equestrian.

Team GB are going for a canny few, I imagine. We’ll probably dope our way to the bikes again, bit of long jump and probably the horse dancing but everything is on at a stupid time so nobody will watch it anyway.

Either way, enjoy the game

• Haha 2

They've just awarded Brisbane the 2032 Games, 11 years out, mainly on the rationale that no fucker else wants it. Surprised they haven't had to resort to Doha or Baku yet.

Anyway, I need to take some time off work so I've booked the week when the athletics are on. Even if there's no one in the stadiums and half the athletes are crocked, it'll still be a laugh.

46 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Don't forget Rio's very own Zika virus

Even their virus was substandard.

On 21/07/2021 at 15:59, Meenzer said:

They've just awarded Brisbane the 2032 Games, 11 years out, mainly on the rationale that no fucker else wants it. Surprised they haven't had to resort to Doha or Baku yet.

Anyway, I need to take some time off work so I've booked the week when the athletics are on. Even if there's no one in the stadiums and half the athletes are crocked, it'll still be a laugh.

50 years after they had the Commonwealth Games, just to make me feel even more fucking ancient 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye what's going on there. I keep reading about events and there's zero coverage on the red button. 

The TV rights only allow them to show two events at a time. Seems strange.

On 21/07/2021 at 21:05, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The goalkeeping in the Women’s football btw :lol: They’re fucking decades off the blokes, like

Apart from Prickford and Cruel [/essembee]

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Apart from Prickford and Cruel [/essembee]

Aye but he is 72 year old so never mind, could cunt the keeper into the net in his day

The Chinese divers are ridiculous. Ankles, backs, and knees all strapped up to fuck and still by far the best in the competition. 

They absolutely dominate the events where you can kick the fuck out of someone til they get it right. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/24/south-korean-tv-station-olympic-images-opening-ceremony-ukraine-haiti

Right well this is the best thing that's happened in the Olympics so far. 

South Korean broadcaster posting images up to encapsulate each nation during the opening ceremony, including a picture of Dracula for Romania, pizza for Italy, and a picture of Chernobyl for Ukraine. :lol:

Haiti were summed up by a picture of some blokes protesting in the street. 

BBC coverage is shit like. Wife and kids really into gymnastics, but hardly any on and none according to timetable. Not really possible to navigate it on iPlayer either.

Quite enjoying the new sports though, skateboarding is impressive. Really hope to see some climbing at some point. Both are good spectator sports. But please get rid of boring shit like shooting. These flabby middle-aged men are no more athletes tyan me man. Oh aye, dressage, get to fuck. 

On 23/07/2021 at 12:54, Alex said:

50 years after they had the Commonwealth Games, just to make me feel even more fucking ancient 

Let's hope you are still ancient when the games come around :wink2:

• Haha 1

Two f-bombs from Peaty in his post race interview. 

WTF btw are the Japs playing at with putting swimming finals in the morning session? Stack the evening sessions with finals you fucking helmets.