Olympics 2020 or 2021

Ayatollah Hermione

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Two f-bombs from Peaty in his post race interview. 

WTF btw are the Japs playing at with putting swimming finals in the morning session? Stack the evening sessions with finals you fucking helmets. 

For the US audience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Judo is a bit spicy, like. The lasses anyway. The British lass was trying to choke somebody out with their own dressing gown yesterday

The British tae kwon do lass hoofed her opponent in the face earlier and the lass got counted out. Not a proper knock out but she was wobbling all over when she tried to stand up. 

48 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The British tae kwon do lass hoofed her opponent in the face earlier and the lass got counted out. Not a proper knock out but she was wobbling all over when she tried to stand up. 

Can’t get away with that at all. Like watching two flids play Tekken

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

3 golds before 9am? Pah! My morning so far...

1. Been to hospital for CT scam

2. Unloaded 14 boxes of wall tiles for the new bathroom 

3. 3 shits  💩💩💩

Ah, the Modern Triathlon

• Haha 8

Class by Peaty as being the red hot favourite must bring its own extra pressure.

Also I love stuff like that Tunisian 18 year old winning the 400 freestyle yesterday as the slowest qualifier from lane 8. You could tell him and his coach couldn’t believe what had just happened. 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Class by Peaty as being the red hot favourite must bring its own extra pressure.

Also I love stuff like that Tunisian 18 year old winning the 400 freestyle yesterday as the slowest qualifier from lane 8. You could tell him and his coach couldn’t believe what had just happened. 

Have you seen the video of his family in Tunisia just losing their shit for a solid 2 minutes during the race? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you seen the video of his family in Tunisia just losing their shit for a solid 2 minutes during the race? 

I hadn’t. That is absolutely class. You can tell they were just excited because it looked like he was going to get a medal at first. Then it’s like HE MIGHT WIN!!! OH MY GOD HE’S FUCKING WON!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I hadn’t. That is absolutely class. You can tell they were just excited because it looked like he was going to get a medal at first. Then it’s like HE MIGHT WIN!!! OH MY GOD HE’S FUCKING WON!!!!!

Aye it's fucking class. 

I know the BBC want to catch people up on the medals from last night, but fuck me they're showing Peaty and the medal award all over again, and having yet another post mortem with Adrian Morehouse about it. If you haven't seen it by now, you're not interested, man. 

Show some live sport ffs. 

• Like 1

Having had a proper poke around in the Discovery plus coverage now, it's a no brainer free trial or even £6.99 to get you through the Olympics. 

9 separate channels dedicated to different sport types, and clear "current" and "upcoming" streams which tell you what the event is and what time the stream starts. 

There's also a "select a sport" tab where you can just see everything current and upcoming for that sport and a Team GB tab with current and upcoming streams featuring British athletes. 

It's what the BBC would have been doing if they hadn't lost the rights. 

• Like 1

Not to put a dampener on a silver in the Taekwondo but all she had to do was avoid getting kicked in the head for 14 seconds to claim gold and of course she ended up getting kicked in the head. If I were her coach I'd have told her 'don't get kicked in the head' and she'd be Olympic champion right now, at the top level it's these sort of things that make a big difference.