Olympics 2020 or 2021

Ayatollah Hermione

Can't remember the last time I sat in front off a telly for 6 hours watching sport and enjoyed it. BMXing is fucking epic. Maybe CT should take it up.  

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It's been great all week. Already dreading next Sunday when it all winds down. 

Proper cup half full you like ;)

I was some boy at the 100 metres. Posted an 11 seconds in year 10 timed by my aging PE teacher. Faster than anyone in the school at the point even the older kids. And then we have this low t LOSER false starting in the final. They should have nurtured me. Gold gtd

The school of course then ran me versus other schools in the 200metres, which I didn't have the stamina to excel at. I bursted into first place and tripped over and went arse over tit about 10 metres from the finish line. I was in front at the time but I think 2nd was catching me. They ran some slower cunt in the 100. Unbelievable Jeff 

It was an aging p.e teacher but I was undoubtedly rapid. Think the English record is 10.8 for that age group and even .2 is considerable in 100metres

Happy to concede it was probably a bit over though :lol: 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

You mean you just looked it up. 0.2 seconds equates to just under 2 metres.  So you were within 2 metres of the English schools record. Basically meaning you’d be the fastest 100m runner your age in the country in almost any given year. I was North Tyneside 100m schools champion at the same age and nowhere near running 11 flat. Neither was the winner of the North East Counties Schools that year where I came 5th. The same year I competed in the North East Athletics Championship. In the Men’s final Jonathan Edwards was edged out of first place in the final of the 100m. I think the winning time was 10.8-ish. So, your time as a year 10 school kid would’ve been about the same as a fully grown man who broke the world triple jump record about 3 years later. Weird

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

Here, I'm not going to argue about it I've said there was a canny large margin for error. It wasn't optimal timing conditions it was a 60 odd year old with a stopwatch. But I had little interest in athletics, ran for the school once and was so pissed off at being put in the 200m I didn't do it again. But I know just from playing football at the time that nobody could live with how fast I was. Shame I wasn't better on the ball :lol:

Re: the record. There'll be hundreds to thousands of kids posting times between that 10.8 and 11 seconds, I would have thought

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Did anyone see the 200m women's heats? Some absolute spelk of a lass called Christine Mboma from Namibia. Totally skinny, didn't even look like a sprinter. Anywhere she ran a terrible bend then just flew past everyone to win in the fastest heat time. 

Turns out until very recently she was a 400m runner who has been forced to drop down to 200m cos her testosterone levels were deemed to be naturally too high to compete at 400m and above (the rule only kicks in at 400). She's a glakey little thing, barely looks like a sprinter at all, never mind one with high testosterone. 

• Like 1

My mate who lived across the road from us was in 6th year when he was called up to the Scotland commonwealth games training squad when it was held in Edinburgh in 1986. Think he was in the top 3 in the country that year, so he was called up so the coaches could put him through his paces . He didn’t make it, a kid with the magnificent name of Elliot Bunney got a place instead of him , he went on to run for GB in the late 80s/early 90s. My mate played rugby for Scotland under 21s.. 

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

My mate who lived across the road from us was in 6th year when he was called up to the Scotland commonwealth games training squad when it was held in Edinburgh in 1986. Think he was in the top 3 in the country that year, so he was called up so the coaches could put him through his paces . He didn’t make it, a kid with the magnificent name of Elliot Bunney got a place instead of him , he went on to run for GB in the late 80s/early 90s. My mate played rugby for Scotland under 21s.. 

I remember Elliot Bunney. He trained for a while with a lad called David Lawson who was a bit older than me (who I knew from Cramlington Athletics Club). I think he got a medal at the Commonwealth Games. He might have picked up the odd relay medal for Scotland/GB too iirc 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Never knew we were amongst such elite level athletes here, well done lads on choosing to use your considerable powers for other more socially advancing endeavours.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember Elliot Bunney. He trained for a while with a lad called David Lawson who was a bit older than me (who I knew from Cramlington Athletics Club). I think he got a medal at the Commonwealth Games. He might have picked up the odd relay medal for Scotland/GB too iirc 

Yeah he was a class horse but  probably just shy of being able to compete individually with Christie/Regis/Campbell etc..

• Like 1

Some absolute dagg in the Aussie pursuit team has just ripped the handlebar off his bike a minute into their effort. Came down like a sack of shite. 

:lol: 

• Haha 2

Some absolute dagg in the Aussie pursuit team has just ripped the handlebar off his bike a minute into their effort. Came down like a sack of shite. 

Do you ever do any work? 😛