crowd watch

thebrokendoll

no takeover on the horizon.

an owner who doesn't give a shit.

looking increasingly likely we'll start the season with a weaker squad.

a clueless manager who takes every opportunity to belittle us.

a football governance seemingly hellbent on pampering to the whims of the big, big, huge clubs.

struggled to sell 10,000 v sheffield utd.

apparently still to shift 13,000 season tickets.

counteracted perhaps by the lure of being able to attend games again following 17 months of pandemic restrictions?

I reckon 42,000 v west ham and I won't be among them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

a football governance seemingly hellbent on pampering to the whims of the big, big, huge clubs.

counteracted perhaps by the lure of being able to attend games again following 17 months of pandemic restrictions?

Is this the season Mike Ashley can rightly say he’s getting the hang of this football lark?

23 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

We'll miss you. One less pint in the Labour Club potentially saved. 

Every cloud etc....

1 hour ago, Alex said:

If we get off to a bad start things could get really apathetic 

Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit them hard and hit them fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

We'll miss you. One less pint in the Labour Club potentially saved. 

Every cloud etc....

was the bodega for me before I packed it in.

miss the labour club out and drink in the ground if giving ashley money is your bag.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

was the bodega for me before I packed it in.

miss the labour club out and drink in the ground if giving ashley money is your bag.

The Bodega is the best pub in the city centre iyam...many moons ago I used to think the broken doll was too :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The Bodega is the best pub in the city centre iyam...many moons ago I used to think the broken doll was too :thumbup:

Thought you were into the garter? :lol: I'm sure you said you would be in there one time you fancied a pint when you were up?

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Thought you were into the garter? :lol: I'm sure you said you would be in there one time you fancied a pint when you were up?

That's where the "gang" drink as it were ...well there & the clock, obvs.. :D

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

That's where the "gang" drink as it were ...well there & the clock, obvs.. :D

I can just about handle the clock but I can't stand the garter. I hate being roped into it on the odd occasion. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

50,673 reasons why ashley is still at this club.

for over 14 years he's held the supporters of what used to be nufc in utter contempt.

he's stamped all over the heritage of the club and city by renaming the ground.

he's ensured there can be no future extension to the ground in its historical position for his own profit.

he's overseen the stadium he inherited turn in to a shabby advertising hoarding for a company with the moral compass of a dead slug.

he covered the front of our shirt for years with fucking WONGA and some tacky asian online gambling site.

he's ensured we're unable to compete financially with clubs of a much smaller stature by stifling our commercial revenue.

he's absolutely shit all over two of the top 3 newcastle living legends of my generation in keegan and shearer. I'm amazed he hasn't come up with a plan to punish in some way those who are old enough to have sang 'my eyes have seen the glory of macdonald scoring goals'

he treated the one man in benitez who offered us some hope like a cunt.

he's employed despicable, sycophantic twats like pardew and bruce to lower expectations, remove the heat from himself and who will willingly discredit the supporters.

rather than strengthen he's ensured another relegation battle by starting the season with a weaker squad than the previous one.

he's failed to invest in the training facilities despite promises to do so till they resemble those of a non league club.

he's created a gaudy presentation of a permanent signing of a loanee which was lapped up in a manner similar to that usually afforded to a team which has won a title.

mind-boggling that people pay this cunt.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

50,673 reasons why ashley is still at this club.

for over 14 years he's held the supporters of what used to be nufc in utter contempt.

he's stamped all over the heritage of the club and city by renaming the ground.

he's ensured there can be no future extension to the ground in its historical position for his own profit.

he's overseen the stadium he inherited turn in to a shabby advertising hoarding for a company with the moral compass of a dead slug.

he covered the front of our shirt for years with fucking WONGA and some tacky asian online gambling site.

he's ensured we're unable to compete financially with clubs of a much smaller stature by stifling our commercial revenue.

he's absolutely shit all over two of the top 3 newcastle living legends of my generation in keegan and shearer. I'm amazed he hasn't come up with a plan to punish in some way those who are old enough to have sang 'my eyes have seen the glory of macdonald scoring goals'

he treated the one man in benitez who offered us some hope like a cunt.

he's employed despicable, sycophantic twats like pardew and bruce to lower expectations, remove the heat from himself and who will willingly discredit the supporters.

rather than strengthen he's ensured another relegation battle by starting the season with a weaker squad than the previous one.

he's failed to invest in the training facilities despite promises to do so till they resemble those of a non league club.

he's created a gaudy presentation of a permanent signing of a loanee which was lapped up in a manner similar to that usually afforded to a team which has won a title.

mind-boggling that people pay this cunt.

I've said it before, but this fan blaming doesn't sit comfortably with me, feels like victim blaming. What you've said is true, although to be fair he has tried recently to offload us. You've decided to stop going to the match which is obviously fine, but Ashley won't give a shit either way. Match day income is largely an irrelevance, surely last year showed that? So fine, do what you want, but don't condemn fans who don't want to forego the pleasure they get from the match, and who want to bring their kids up enjoying the match day experience, or maybe just meet their mates, cos it has zero impact on Ashley. Other than possible devalue the club further and make us less attractive to buyers I guess. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've said it before, but this fan blaming doesn't sit comfortably with me, feels like victim blaming. What you've said is true, although to be fair he has tried recently to offload us. You've decided to stop going to the match which is obviously fine, but Ashley won't give a shit either way. Match day income is largely an irrelevance, surely last year showed that? So fine, do what you want, but don't condemn fans who don't want to forego the pleasure they get from the match, and who want to bring their kids up enjoying the match day experience, or maybe just meet their mates, cos it has zero impact on Ashley. Other than possible devalue the club further and make us less attractive to buyers I guess. 

The very same gutless cunts would be crawling up Barrack Rd at the first sign of a takeover. Those who go need zero excuses. 

TV money is the most important but fans going to the match are the difference between the club making a profit or not. I’ve said before that what it basically boils down to is people who enjoy it still go and those that don’t don’t. With a minority seeing it as a duty  or whatever like the boring cunt. But c.£20m isn’t irrelevant to a business given it’s over 10% of its turnover