Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

Klopp apparently lives at that house now (not sure if the painting is still there). Far cry from the Shankly days in Bellefield Avenue where he used to welcome supporters knocking on his door. 

Edited by Craig

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: I mean, he’s not exactly matinee idol material either, is he? 

:lol: I once looked it up and there was a Liverpool fan who was trying to defend him by saying he got it from a charity, as if that changes the point. 

• Haha 1

I don't mind Rodgers. Every good manager fancies themselves a bit, he's just not very good at hiding it.

There's no doubt he improves sides but there is a question mark over whether he can maintain that improvement. He had Liverpool within a Steven Gerrard slip of the title then it went to shit. At Celtic he improved them immeasurably and he won all round him up there but yet again came unstuck in Europe by refusing to change his philosophy. He's done well in his first few seasons at Leicester and had them within an inch of Champions League football the last couple of seasons. This year they have had a lot of injuries but he's certainly not getting the same performances out of the players who were delivering for him beforehand. Maybe the players are sick of him or maybe they now believe they're too good for Leicester. Either way I wouldn't have minded him before we appointed Howe.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't mind Rodgers. Every good manager fancies themselves a bit, he's just not very good at hiding it.

There's no doubt he improves sides but there is a question mark over whether he can maintain that improvement. He had Liverpool within a Steven Gerrard slip of the title then it went to shit. At Celtic he improved them immeasurably and he won all round him up there but yet again came unstuck in Europe by refusing to change his philosophy. He's done well in his first few seasons at Leicester and had them within an inch of Champions League football the last couple of seasons. This year they have had a lot of injuries but he's certainly not getting the same performances out of the players who were delivering for him beforehand. Maybe the players are sick of him or maybe they now believe they're too good for Leicester. Either way I wouldn't have minded him before we appointed Howe.

Leicester players have a history of downing tools too….the title winning squad did it to Ranieri six months after they won it….think it’s Vardy’s missus who’s the instigator :cuppa: 

• Haha 4

The main thing I remember about a documentary about Rodgers years ago when he was at Liverpool was how much he was always touching the players. Like overly touchy touchy in a wrong un kind of way.

40 minutes ago, Kitman said:

The main thing I remember about a documentary about Rodgers years ago when he was at Liverpool was how much he was always touching the players. Like overly touchy touchy in a wrong un kind of way.

So that's why Milner is a mute 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

His time at Celtic was a time completely without any competition as there was no Rangers. To put it in salary terms Celtics weekly wage bill is about £895,000 a week. With no Rangers the closest team in Scotland to Celtic is Aberdeen at £140,000 a week. You can’t judge Rodgers on his time in Scotland, it was a cake walk.

• Like 3

The verbal diarrhoea coming from BT tonight at the Man U game off the scale. Scholes, 'Man U should be able to get whoever they want'. Hargreaves, 'Madrid bang average' (comfortable win tonight). Even Humphreys blotting his copybook by glossing over bottles raining down on simeone as fans just 'venting their frustrations'. Horrible bastards get away with murder with the fanboys on TV gutted. Fletch on the mic 'the refs just watching the game, he doesn't know what's going on!?' After the ref plays on after a Man U player blatantly dives near the end of the game. Yes, dickhead, a referee is supposed to watch the game. It's their job. :lol:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Alan Brazil this morning wanted to know what Simeoni said to the fans for them to throw stuff at him :lol: The pundits and so called experts in this country man :lol: 

monty python insult GIF

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Alan Brazil this morning wanted to know what Simeoni said to the fans for them to throw stuff at him :lol: The pundits and so called experts in this country man :lol: 

He was running from the dugout to the tunnel, some of the stuff being thrown was in front of him, they must not only have good hearing but be fluent in Spanish, muy improbable I'd say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Watch it for Merson alone. His contract for Sky should stipulate that he has to have wobbly eye stickers on his glasses. Try and imagine them there as you watch - what he's saying actually starts to make sense. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

and 12 points clear of relegation, nice symmetry

4-0 and our goal difference is -12. 28-0 and it's +12.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

• Haha 4