Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Can we clinch safety then anyway? We'd move to 15 points clear of Burnley but they have 5 games left. Granted they play Saturday too but it's after our game, and against Watford.

Had Burnley lost yesterday (when this was first discussed), we would have done if we got a point or more against Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not sure why?

It’s our last Saturday home game and it would have been nice to clinch safety against Liverpool. 

Much better imo savouring the moment with the players / managers at the game than just hearing about it after some random game.

Its not a major thing, just would have added to the day.

"clinch safety"? Safety is secure and has been for ages you big tart. 

We've a couple of home games left, we can enjoy them both without any fear, which is much better than nervously hoping for a good result. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

"clinch safety"? Safety is secure and has been for ages you big tart. 

We've a couple of home games left, we can enjoy them both without any fear, which is much better than nervously hoping for a good result. 

Each to their own :lol: 

Its a milestone moment that officially underlines all that Howe and the players have achieved. 

I will be celebrating the moment so fuck you all!!!

middle finger GIF by T-Pain

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

We’re already safe.

We’re sitting in ninth ffs. The idea that we should have a lap of honour for being mathematically safe at this point is cringe.

Welcome to the way CT thinks! :lol:

Guarantee he'll want Palace to win tonight because he's more focused on Leeds being dragged into the relegation mire than the possibility that Palace could finish above us. 

You've the perfect example of someone who has been conditioned by the Mike Ashley era, CT. You're quite satisfied with 17th, so long as there's a monstrous gap to 18th. 

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Welcome to the way CT thinks! :lol:

Guarantee he'll want Palace to win tonight because he's more focused on Leeds being dragged into the relegation mire than the possibility that Palace could finish above us. 

You've the perfect example of someone who has been conditioned by the Mike Ashley era, CT. You're quite satisfied with 17th, so long as there's a monstrous gap to 18th. 

You can have one too :lol: 

s reactions share GIF

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Each to their own :lol: 

Its a milestone moment that officially underlines all that Howe and the players have achieved. 

I will be celebrating the moment so fuck you all!!!

middle finger GIF by T-Pain

Aye, not being 9th, winning 10 from 14, 6 home wins in a row, nah, none of that, it's when, mathematically, we're safe from relegation.

Jesus wept man, grow a pair.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Eddie is being humble and motivating his players.

You're being a contrarian.

These are not the same.

Alas dear Dave, YOU my dear fellow are just being argumentative :(

Me preferring to have clinched mathematical safety at St James park against Liverpool and celebrate the achievement in the ground, affects you not one jot.

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Alas dear Dave, YOU my dear fellow are just being argumentative :(

Me preferring to have clinched mathematical safety at St James park against Liverpool and celebrate the achievement in the ground, affects you not one jot.

What are you talking about man? Do you think Leicester, Brighton or Wolves are going to celebrate when they're 'mathematically safe'? Or do you think they're past all that?

Just now, The Fish said:

What are you talking about man? Do you think Leicester, Brighton or Wolves are going to celebrate when they're 'mathematically safe'? Or do you think they're past all that?

None of those have come from the situation we were in. 

Why does me wanting to enjoy the moment at the game upset you so much :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

None of those have come from the situation we were in. 

Why does me wanting to enjoy the moment at the game upset you so much :lol: 

Because the implication is that you haven't already enjoyed it. 

We're 7pts off 7th, 12pts of 17th.

I did the predictor again,  but this time Newcastle lose every game, and Burnley and Everton win every game.

image.thumb.png.781492c1b4a226a049f702969d0f7eaf.png

We STILL end up 15th and surviving.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Because the implication is that you haven't already enjoyed it. 

We're 7pts off 7th, 12pts of 17th.

I did the predictor again,  but this time Newcastle lose every game, and Burnley and Everton win every game.

image.thumb.png.781492c1b4a226a049f702969d0f7eaf.png

We STILL end up 15th and surviving.

Wrong! I just wanted to enjoy it a bit more, at SJP, on the drink, with Eddie and the boys. :lol:

Anyway, I’m out of this petty discussion and will leave you with this :lol: 

ED8008AF-1466-417E-8FBF-F7705EC5272E.thumb.jpeg.dd6fde3f53107bf22503d63226786df9.jpeg

:lol: Imagine what would have to happen for us to go down at this point man. You’d need basically Everton, Burnley, and Leeds to win all of their remaining games, us to lose all of our games, and then a load of other teams to win half their games or something. 

We have to focus on those around us and finishing as high as possible, why hope for anything else just to speed up mathematical safety by a week or so? If Everton lose against Chelsea the most they can possibly get is 44 points I think. 

1 minute ago, Howay said:

:lol: Imagine what would have to happen for us to go down at this point man. You’d need basically Everton, Burnley, and Leeds to win all of their remaining games, us to lose all of our games, and then a load of other teams to win half their games or something. 

We have to focus on those around us and finishing as high as possible, why hope for anything else just to speed up mathematical safety by a week or so? If Everton lose against Chelsea the most they can possibly get is 44 points I think. 

:lol: I’m not worried at all about going down, I just wanted to enjoy the “milestone” being achieved at home to Liverpool. 

• Like 1