Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

Finally these clowns get a result they deserve. They've basically only got one game left cos they're away at Arsenal on the last day who will still be in the battle for 4th.

Leeds need to win away at Brentford. Burnley are more than welcome to 3 points against us next Sunday, and they've got Villa away in the week. So we need Palace to take the flip flops off at Goodison on Thursday and send these dicks down. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

I see they were also setting off fireworks outside what they thought was the Brentford teams hotel (as they’ve been doing ahead of other recent home games). I think they’ll stay up but I’m rooting against them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Finally these clowns get a result they deserve. They've basically only got one game left cos they're away at Arsenal on the last day who will still be in the battle for 4th.

Leeds need to win away at Brentford. Burnley are more than welcome to 3 points against us next Sunday, and they've got Villa away in the week. So we need Palace to take the flip flops off at Goodison on Thursday and send these dicks down. 

You'd hate to be relying on Arsenal to get your fairy tale across the line. Plus the Wood vs. Weghorst showdown is not one that we'll give away on the cheap.

If Everton stay up will Lampard be the hero and the villain in the same season?

13 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I hope Leeds go down because I’d rather raid them for Raphina and Kalvin Phillips than Everton for DCL and Richarlison.

We can still poach Raphinha and Phillips, whether they stay up or not. 

for what it's worth, I'm doing some Olympic level mental gymnastics to convince myself Everton are going down. 

Everton are fucked by injury, suspension and a poor head coach. They'll fail to beat Crystal Palace who still have a real chance of a top half finish. 

Aston Villa are in ok form, but more importantly, this is their final home game of the season, so unfortunately I think they'll beat Burnley.

Table going into the final day will look like;

image.png.fcfb1003a2249436057153025c4a2568.png

Burnley host Newcastle. We've nothing to play for, we've had our last home game, we're the richest club in the world, half the fringe players are out the door, half the first team will not long behind them. Forget the flipflops, we'll be taking to the field in the hotel dressing gown sloshing our 4th mojito about and clicking our fingers for the waiter's attention. Burnley win.

Everton travel to Arsenal who HAVE to better Spurs' result. It's Arsenal's final home game and they have to win. Everton are ravaged by injury and, now, suspensions. They've only amassed 10pts on the road. Plus their head coach is shit. The 250k travelling scouse fans packed into the Emirates will go home with nothing but whatever they've pilfered. 

Leeds. Honestly? This is the one that could go either way. Brentford are decent, it's their final game. Leeds have been shite, but they've got grit and in Raphinha and Gelhardt they've players who can make something happen. 

I think/hope the final table will look like;

image.png.1bb0eb95492363b63d9c9d8c9d1e0cbb.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

for what it's worth, I'm doing some Olympic level mental gymnastics to convince myself Everton are going down. 

Everton are fucked by injury, suspension and a poor head coach. They'll fail to beat Crystal Palace who still have a real chance of a top half finish. 

Aston Villa are in ok form, but more importantly, this is their final home game of the season, so unfortunately I think they'll beat Burnley.

Burnley host Newcastle. We've nothing to play for, we've had our last home game, we're the richest club in the world, half the fringe players are out the door, half the first team will not long behind them. Forget the flipflops, we'll be taking to the field in the hotel dressing gown sloshing our 4th mojito about and clicking our fingers for the waiter's attention. Burnley win.

Everton travel to Arsenal who HAVE to better Spurs' result. It's Arsenal's final home game and they have to win. Everton are ravaged by injury and, now, suspensions. They've only amassed 10pts on the road. Plus their head coach is shit. The 250k travelling scouse fans packed into the Emirates will go home with nothing but whatever they've pilfered. 

Leeds. Honestly? This is the one that could go either way. Brentford are decent, it's their final game. Leeds have been shite, but they've got grit and in Raphinha and Gelhardt they've players who can make something happen. 

everton have to beat palace. If they don’t it’s brown trousers time away at Arsenal 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is how I hope things play out as well. A lot of the final day drama hinges on this Thursday night. If Everton beat Palace then the dream dies and I couldn't really care less which of Burnley or Leeds go down. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Philips needs to leave to progress his career.  But knowing the thick Leeds twat he will want loyalty over pushing for honours.

-cough- ALAN fucking SHEARER -cough-

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

-cough- ALAN fucking SHEARER -cough-

Who was in a team pushing for the Prem, runner up twice in the FA cup and played in the Champions League.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Who was in a team pushing for the Prem, runner up twice in the FA cup and played in the Champions League.

and won...

So you're saying that Philips should stay at a relegated (potetially) Leeds as he will have similar chances to Shearer or playing in FA cup finals, pushing for the Prem and playing in the Champions league?

You don't have argue some fucking dumb shit.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So you're saying that Philips should stay at a relegated (potetially) Leeds as he will have similar chances to Shearer or playing in FA cup finals, pushing for the Prem and playing in the Champions league?

You don't have argue some fucking dumb shit.

Office Space Fishing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I've never once wanted us to lose a game, but if going into Sunday, Burnley and Leeds have to better the result of Everton then I'll not be too miffed if we don't come away with 3 points. 

Sadly, I think it's a hugely tall order for Leeds. I expect they will sink and Everton will just about survive. Hope I'm wrong though.