Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

Whoa whoa whoa, outcome is irrelevant. It's the size of your balls going in. My 11/1 punt on Mane MOTM brings our respective ball size into sharp focus, Mr Garden Peas. 

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Tbf it doesn’t look like Casey understands it either, the issue around the offside decision had fuck all to do with phases of play. 

Aye, he’s trying to be clever and making himself look stupid. It was all about who played it last / whether it was deliberate.  It went straight to a player in an offside position so phases of play didn’t come into it. He’s such a prick 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

That’s a bit harsh tbh.

I would say it was a very German (90s version) performance from Madrid. Looking rather ordinary, not creating a lot, but killing off the match with a single chance.

Liverpool have just themselves to blame though. They made far too little from dominating the match and made it too easy for Madrid to defend and block shots. Far too many shots and crosses from TAA directed at Hollywood in particular. Shite set pieces as well.

To me it’s neither that the better team won nor lost. But Real were much cleverer and tactically astute. Shame about them being a bunch of pricks on and off the pitch though. They will probably demand to get a guaranteed place in the final next.

liverpool reminded me of Brendan Rogers’ teams have played against us over the years: pass it around rally nicely without creating anything massively clear cut. They didn’t turn up second half 

8 hours ago, Craig said:

He’s having a fucking laugh. TAA was utter shite tonight and fully responsible for the goal.

He's a poor defender really and he's showed this season he has a poor attitude aswell. Give me Trippier over him every time.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

liverpool reminded me of Brendan Rogers’ teams have played against us over the years: pass it around rally nicely without creating anything massively clear cut. They didn’t turn up second half 

I thought they were great for 40 minutes. The it’s often tiny margins as the save Courtois pushed onto the post showed. If the initial effort is just a few inches wider of him then he probably doesn’t get the same contact on it and it’s a goal. But once Madrid got in front they passed Liverpool to death to the extent it wasn’t even interesting as a contest. Even though it was just 1-0 it seemed like a forgone conclusion. Defensively too they were reminiscent of vintage Milan sides once they got their lead 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought they were great for 40 minutes. The it’s often tiny margins as the save Courtois pushed onto the post showed. If the initial effort is just a few inches wider of him then he probably doesn’t get the same contact on it and it’s a goal. But once Madrid got in front they passed Liverpool to death to the extent it wasn’t even interesting as a contest. Even though it was just 1-0 it seemed like a forgone conclusion. Defensively too they were reminiscent of vintage Milan sides once they got their lead 

Yeah, the chance from Mane was a good save  on to the post. Other than that, I don’t remember him pulling off any worldies. 

It was a classic Italian performance. Also reminded me a bit of how Mourinho’s teams won cup finals. Defend deep, difficult to break down, clinical when they got a chance.

Difficult to know what was going on last night, tens of thousands of ticketless fans in the city, obviously fuckin useless UEFA organisation with mixed messages coming from them, .it’s does appear that the tear gas incident may have been caused by LFC supporters trying to get in with snide tickets (which were being advertised in the run up to the game) and not moving from the turnstile when denied access, so they shut the turnstile…lots of people saying this was the only turnstile open though?? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-champions-league-final-tear-gas-b2089741.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2OW3BYR8hgiXX_XKb7K-URP12qccqNEi7cAErM6_FpyteVw1b8vaj_now#Echobox=1653807806

10 hours ago, Dougle said:

Aye KD’s crass racist comment was ill thought out to make his point, but if we look at the footage of the various gates it is pretty obvious that the Liverpool gates are surrounded by a big percentage of red shirts, the one in that video has none, so aye it is likely to be Madrid.

Cheers Columbo 👍

• Thanks 1

Mr charisma turning into a petty bellend when things don’t go his way yet again. The narrative emerging about Real Madrid being lucky to be there btw, on one hand yes they had a ridiculous turnaround against Man City and got through tight games, but on the other hand they had to play PSG, Chelsea, and Man City in the knock outs - so fair play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey fuckhead, you've played in three finals this year and haven't scored a single goal.  Maybe look a bit closer to home for what's wrong and cut out the theatrical sighing about the opposition.  Or don't, and continue to fall short.  Actually do that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hey fuckhead, you've played in three finals this year and haven't scored a single goal.  Maybe look a bit closer to home for what's wrong and cut out the theatrical sighing about the opposition.  Or don't, and continue to fall short.  Actually do that. 

It’s his constant being a prick to reporters when they lose, and then acting like everyone is his mate and he’s this affable bloke when they win as well. Like on that clip where he starts being a prick to the woman asking what the key difference between winning and losing in the game was - the question wasn’t phrased well but it’s fairly clear she was asking if he thought there was a key moment or key turning point like the save from Mane’s shot, instead he just chooses to be a pedantic bellend. I’m sure we will all get told how amazing he is as a bloke and that we should be rooting for him next season as per usual. 

While I expected to see it I still don’t like that there’s this desire to heap plaudits on Liverpool and kind of frame Real Madrid’s win as a fluke. It reminded me a lot of when Benitez managed us and there were games where despite us being in our half for long stretches we only allowed the opposition to attack certain ways before nullifying it. Ancelotti outcoached Klopp imo, Klopp can keep complaining when these results happen or he can figure out a way to break down this type of set up rather than just writing it off as some mystery/fluke/saying ‘we did enough to win’ type things. Liverpool did very well for most of the first half but at the same time Real Madrid defended very well which in the modern game tends to get ignored and when attacking teams lose it becomes this story of how the other team clung on. I’m one that normally thinks the English superiority complex about other leagues can be a bit overstated, but this final fucking reeked of it. 

The pre-tournament favorites were no doubt PSG, Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea - Real Madrid beat them all, Liverpool played Inter, Benfica, and Villarreal. You can only beat who was put in front of you but fucking hell man if a team wins with that run you have to say fair play. 

• Like 3

Watched this match down south. It was so weird, a few neutrals enjoying the game, some southern liverpool fans and a lot wanting them to lose. 

My & my cousin pretty much agreed after 20 minutes that R Madrid were gonna pinch it. Liverpool could have played till midnight and not scored. One of those nights.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Watched this match down south. It was so weird, a few neutrals enjoying the game, some southern liverpool fans and a lot wanting them to lose. 

My & my cousin pretty much agreed after 20 minutes that R Madrid were gonna pinch it. Liverpool could have played till midnight and not scored. One of those nights.

was there a cool wind in your hair

• Haha 2

I think the save from Mane was the only save that wasn’t relatively routine by Courtois. If you fail to take your chances you’re not unlucky. Also like we’ve said before, they man-marked our best player when they played us at SJP and they basically just wound the clock down for the last quarter of the game. Presumably that’s ok with Klopp because they won. Howay is spot on when he says Klopp is everyone’s mate when he wins and a snide cunt when things don’t go his way. 

• Like 4

Out with the lads yesterday on a ride, at the caf everyone was talking about the final.  I was the only one who wanted to see Liverpool beat.  Everyone thought the sun shone out of horse heads arse. When I told them that Salah goes missing in big games they looked at me like I said I thought Jimmy Saville was innocent.   How many big games does he score in? Like I said, 15 finals and he's failed to score in any of them.  Bang in 3 v Norwich and everyone think's hes fucking special.