Joe Willock

Anorthernsoul

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

When's the next England squad? Shelvey, Willock, Burn and Targett must be among the most in form players in their positions 

Hmm, I'd certainly consider Dan Burn for a call up but not sure on the other 3. 

Burn looks like a proper throwback with that hairdo. You can picture him in an old strip on a black and white photo. He's playing out of his skin as well, £13m looks a steal given how well he's slotted in. 

• Like 1

He's utterly solid, and when you consider England are currently picking the likes of Coady, Mings, Stones, White and Slabhead for centre back there's no reason he wouldn't be considered.

He's future captain material for NUFC for me as well.

I'm not taking anything away from the performances of Shelvey, Willock and Targett BTW, just trying to realistic about their chances of getting a call up. Shelvey in particular will struggle to oust the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Grealish, Foden, Mount, etc.

• Like 3

really glad we went for burn instead of diego carlos in the end. ditto matt targett - what a steal he looks to be if we can get him signed permanently for 15m. 

as for willock the waster, more like willock the grafter. hard to see how he loses his place in the staring 11 any time soon. it's a nice conundrum to have to try to fit the four of shelvey, bruno, willock and big brilliant joe into three. all four arguably deserve to be starting. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Maguire can get an England call up Burn should be there.

Willock looked on his arse by the end of the game. The dude has given his all last few games.

Slabhead is bone idle selection by Southgate. He's still living of the form he had at the World Cup in Russia. That's 4 years ago! Been absolutely abject ever since moving to OT. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

really glad we went for burn instead of diego carlos in the end. ditto matt targett - what a steal he looks to be if we can get him signed permanently for 15. 

as for willock the waster, more like willock the grafter. hard to see how he loses his place in the staring 11 any time soon. it's a nice conundrum to have o try to fit the four of shelvey, bruno, willock and big brilliant joe into three. all four arguably deserve to be starting. 

The competition with the four of them knowing that no one is guaranteed their place, should make for good things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Targett > Shaw

Shelvey/Willock > Ward Prowse

Objectively I disagree with both of those. Potentially Targett could get a call up with Chilwell being out but I don't him as better than Shaw,

I think the Shelvey / Willock calls is the stuff of black & white tinted glasses. Their form for us has been great, I don't think it's on that level though. 

BTW if he became available, I'd happily see JWP added to our squad. I think he's seriously underrated. 

Maguire has been absolutely fucking stinking. I think he was at fault for 3 Manchester City goals the other week. If Southgate selects him he absolutely cannot claim he picks on form. 

• 1 year later...