Joe Willock

Anorthernsoul

On 11/08/2023 at 11:05, Chaser said:

I still think Willock has the potential to be one of our best players. Hope it's not one of those injuries which sees him sold before "early September"

I think his contribution was fairly underrated last season, he's consistently improved since he signed and was instrumental in a lot of games last season with his endeavour to get forward into the box. Been a great signing so far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I think his contribution was fairly underrated last season, he's consistently improved since he signed and was instrumental in a lot of games last season with his endeavour to get forward into the box. Been a great signing so far.

100% - the only thing missing from his game last season was goals. He missed loads of chances and underperformed his xg

but his all round game has improved massively.

I think the competition for places will spur him on and he’ll be a really important player for us this season again. Especially in four tournaments with the five sub rule 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seemed to be heading for an England call up before his hamstring went. Be great to see him get back to that form and leave us all annoyed in the summer when Southgate takes Henderson.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

G-Dogg said it last night how fresh and good he looked.  I would have thought he needed a couple of games to get up to speed but he was right on it yesterday.  

Lads, don't get too excited. It was only Man Utd.

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha 5

We've missed a ball carrier. Joelinton is capable of doing so but Willocks game is all about marauding forward causing problems for the opposition. In my opinion, at the moment Willock being fit is more important than Tonali being available. That may change next year but for little Joe, being fit again is a massive plus for us.

• Like 10

All that's true enough although we never got to see the best of a settled in Tonali. He's got the attributes to be an absolute superstar and has Eddie Howe coaching him. Real shame the ban, but fingers crossed for next season.

Willock seemed to have a very good understanding with Isak last season, can't wait to see them back fully fit, with Joe looking back to his best too that's a very tasty left side.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Fucked his achilles again.

Given we will likely get cover in for Tonali next month (and have him back next season), have Miley looking the business, and Joe/Bruno/Longy probably our first choice CMs, he must worry he's going to be surplus to requirements before long.

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Sad 1

Everything I've read from Joe regarding his place here and how he wants to develop speaks of a guy with a level of enlightenment that a lot of other young footballers would do well to follow. Hopefully this will just be a minor set back because he's an asset to us when he's fit and deserves his place in the team. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

That is such a shame to read. I think he offers us the ability to pick the ball up on the half way line and drag the whole team to the edge of the 16 yard box. I am really hoping that we can help him recover.

Did they make it smaller? We all know SJP is a small pitch but I don't think they'd get away with making the 18 yard box that much smaller.

• Haha 5

On 25/11/2023 at 20:12, wykikitoon said:

I think he's mint. He's got a superb attitude. I think dude to the injury crisis he's probably played a lot more than Howe would have liked. I still think he's got a massive massive role to play at this club. 

Sea Turtle Movie GIF

• Haha 2