Joe Willock

Anorthernsoul

The lad has a higher ceiling than I thought, it definitely helps that he's playing with much, much better players now. 

It's his pace on the ball that's surprised me most, usually best shown when he's pushed wide left. Can't think many players who've left Kyle Walker in their wake. 

13 hours ago, v.old said:

I mean this is brilliant. So many moments of really high quality. Under appreciated by some

One of our players of the season. The only thing slightly lacking from his game this season was goals - he should have had six or seven. Once he starts to regularly chips in with 6-10 goals a season he’ll surely be an England regular. 

I’d be happy if willock and Joe remained our first choice pair down the left side of midfield/attack next season

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

One of our players of the season. The only thing slightly lacking from his game this season was goals - he should have had six or seven. Once he starts to regularly chips in with 6-10 goals a season he’ll surely be an England regular. 

I’d be happy if willock and Joe remained our first choice pair down the left side of midfield/attack next season

No.

Szoboszlai.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No.

Szoboszlai.

he can play on the right of CM, rotating with Bruno. 

rice and Bruno can rotate at DM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye it’s the glaring weakness in his game the amount of good chances he squanders. If he can become more clinical he will become a massive threat, I get very frustrated with that aspect of his game but the way he pressures out of possession and his powerful runs with the ball are huge to our game. Longstaff suffers from a similar lack of composure in his shooting, but the positions they both get themselves into have been really impressive this season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

The lad has a higher ceiling than I thought, it definitely helps that he's playing with much, much better players now. 

It's his pace on the ball that's surprised me most, usually best shown when he's pushed wide left. Can't think many players who've left Kyle Walker in their wake. 

Read somewhere he's carried the ball more than any other player in the league. That's pretty impressive and he's clearly been such a great outlet for us breaking with pace. 

There's certain weaknesses to his game already spoken about but on the whole I think he's very underrated. Even in this league you will be hard pressed to find someone who can do the defensive work with the energy he does and still be a critical part of the offensive setup. A true box to box player this season. 

I think it's also been forgotten that he almost single handedly kept us up one season not too long ago. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Helped by how impressive the two young lads looked in pre-season. If they both step up this season as expected we’ve have more depth in centre mid then at any point I can remember. 

Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Longstaff, Willock, Anderson, Miley gives us seven players to cover three positions. Gordon could arguably play in there as one of the number 8s too if we’re struggling with injuries 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

“REASONABLY EXPECTED TO SCORE” 

by fuckin who? :lol: 

People who have looked at thousands of data points from thousands of matches. Collected, collated and quantified them. Applied values to those data points and worked out what the lower, mid and upper boundaries are. 

Laborious, but pretty straightforward. I'm sure as AI advances it'll be able to apply those values more accurately and objectively as well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

People who have looked at thousands of data points from thousands of matches. Collected, collated and quantified them. Applied values to those data points and worked out what the lower, mid and upper boundaries are. 

Laborious, but pretty straightforward. I'm sure as AI advances it'll be able to apply those values more accurately and objectively as well. 

TL; DR

Tired Bored To Death GIF

• Haha 4