Steve Bruce’s eating crisps on the toilet mags vs David Moyes divorce paper hammers

Tom

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

He slows up so he cannot block the shot 😳😳😳

I don't know what you're saying, but it was obvious he was shooting and would have been piss easy to attempt to block it. Think Clark was worried about being outpaced/beaten, but instead of being beaten he just became a useless passive nothing. Embarrassing.

Just now, OTF said:

Only Bowen was offside for the first and he wasn't interfering with the play. The other player was tight but onside.

I’ll have to defer to you on that, I remember seeing Souceks head leaning over the 6 yard box line whereas the Newcastle players weren’t. For me Bowen should count as offside, he’s right there even if he doesn’t touch the ball before it goes in he’s got to be playing some part in the mind of the defence. 

regardless the pen decision was dreadful. 

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I don't know what you're saying, but it was obvious he was shooting and would have been piss easy to attempt to block it. Think Clark was worried about being outpaced/beaten, but instead of being beaten he just became a useless passive nothing. Embarrassing.

That’s what I’m saying.Clark could have at least attempted to block the shot but he intentionally slows up to allow the shot.

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Shelvey got booked for exactly the same thing. It’s about as clear a booking as you could get tbh. 

Shelvey forgot to be an English darling and to roll about on the floor and undo the strapping on his own leg after committing his foul. Something for Bruce to work on with him during the week.

Just now, OTF said:

Shelvey forgot to be an English darling and to roll about on the floor and undo the strapping on his own leg after committing his foul. Something for Bruce to work on with him during the week.

He fooled the ref into thinking the cynical foul was due to an injury.He actually walked off the pitch for extra effect.

Best West ham side I've seen for years and we've gave them a game 1st half but you couldn't see them not scoring. Centre midfield weak as fuck and without Wilson we'll be fucked if he gets injured. Not far off our best side so when the injuries kick in......? Bottom line, much needed players not brought in and it could cost us our PL place. Worst owner in the league and it's like a fucking ball and chain around our ankles as a club.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

He fooled the ref into thinking the cynical foul was due to an injury.He actually walked off the pitch for extra effect.

He fooled noone, just the ref being an absolute fuckwit saying "oh that was England's Rice he can get away with that".

Ritchie cannot play at fullback for us, too prone to errors and switching off because he's used to playing in advanced positions where you can get away with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Best West ham side I've seen for years and we've gave them a game 1st half but you couldn't see them not scoring. Centre midfield weak as fuck and without Wilson we'll be fucked if he gets injured. Not far off our best side so when the injuries kick in......? Bottom line, much needed players not brought in and it cost us our PL place. Worst owner in the league and it's like a fucking ball and chain around our ankles as a club.

I would hope that this is a long way off our best defense. Fernandez is the only one who should be starting, potentially Murphy formation dependent. 

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Best West ham side I've seen for years and we've gave them a game 1st half but you couldn't see them not scoring. Centre midfield weak as fuck and without Wilson we'll be fucked if he gets injured. Not far off our best side so when the injuries kick in......? Bottom line, much needed players not brought in and it could cost us our PL place. Worst owner in the league and it's like a fucking ball and chain around our ankles as a club.

Add into this a manager that would rather play probably the worst full back I’ve seen us have in the PL out of position as the RCB in a 3 over Fabian Schar. Shelvey hasn’t bothered his fucking arse in years, and we’ve brought no one in to challenge his place so he just mills about giving away shit free kicks. Ritchie is frustrating as fuck too, runs about kicking people then screaming at anyone else that happens to be near him, then just blasts any ball that comes near him into the stands. We’ve had these players for fucking years and they’ve had pretty much little to no competition to their places in that whole time despite them always being borderline good enough. 

• Like 5

We can switch our focus to what Bruce will say in the aftermath of this. I can see him pretending that this is a good result and that it will have been an entertaining return for supporters. Then switching focus to the excitement of being able to welcome Willock into the side next week.

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Still our best option if we want a left footed player in that position.

Nee chance, he's got absolutely zero defensive positional sense because he's not a defender and has never been. If he's close enough to make a tackle in the box it's a coin toss as to whether he'll kick lumps put of them.

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

I would hope that this is a long way off our best defense. Fernandez is the only one who should be starting, potentially Murphy formation dependent. 

Who walks into it when fit? Lascelles can be decent, Dummett can be too but depends on our formation, Lewis is like a rabbit in headlights, Krafth is shite too. Clark very hit and miss. Needs upgrading as does having to play Shelvey in CM and needed cover for Wilson. This is all down on the owner's foot on the club's throat.

• Like 4