The new manager thread

Polarboy

Howe would be capable of outpointing the cabbage and keeping us up, I reckon. Totally uninspiring but if it's a short term appointment to keep us up, so be it. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

By the sounds of how little of a fuck the Everton players seem to have, it seems Rafa really could be looking for a job pretty soon. Although I'd imagine the Everton owners will be a bit more patient than Levy, by which time we will hopefully have a manager. Mind you if Everton get a hammered tonight, and again on Saturday against Spurs, then there's a pretty real, albeit small, prospect that he'll be let go. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Howe would be capable of outpointing the cabbage and keeping us up, I reckon. Totally uninspiring but if it's a short term appointment to keep us up, so be it. 

A few months ago I'd have thought you were mental for saying this but I mostly agree. He's came out of that Celtic debacle relatively unscathed as time went on (mainly due to details of Postecoglu's contract emerging and the boardroom circus act hitting new levels of hilarity).

Howe still strikes me as total wanker and someone who wouldn't be happy being a stop gap. He'd definitely fancy himself enough to not just phone it in and wait on his payout though, and could probably get youse organised enough to stay up. I just seriously doubt he's signing up for this for 6 months without a hefty payout that I'm not sure he's worth.

Edited by Blastronaut

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

By the sounds of how little of a fuck the Everton players seem to have, it seems Rafa really could be looking for a job pretty soon. Although I'd imagine the Everton owners will be a bit more patient than Levy, by which time we will hopefully have a manager. Mind you if Everton get a hammered tonight, and again on Saturday against Spurs, then there's a pretty real, albeit small, prospect that he'll be let go. 

They have a lot of injuries. Although everton fans abusing Rafa. No doubt thats our fault too

I wouldn't say a lot comparatively, but they are injuries to crucial players like Calvert-Lewin, Doucoure, Andre Gomes, and to a lesser extent than them, Mina. The amount of money they've spent on their squad they should be able to absorb those loses more easily, but they've spunked literally hundreds of millions almost entirely up a wall.  

Edited by Polarboy

Conte to Spurs confirmed, feel a bit sorry for Nuno really, never wanted by them at any level, totally done over by the Kane fiasco in summer and Paratici has spent the last 6 months convincing Conte to take the spurs job while Nuno was still in post.

Course the shittiness of that will be largely ignored by the media in Spurs case.

From spurs PoV though, thats what getting your director of football appointment right gets you, when the time comes you pick up the best available manager going in about two days. That infrastructure is exactly what we don't have.

• Like 3

Fonseca is being sounded out by Villa and Caulkin has insisted all along that he’s been told it’s not him so it’s looking more and more likely that it’s one of Emery, Howe or Martinez if you look at the names that have been consistently linked.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It could turn out to be someone uninspiring like Howe - or Martinez for that matter - but all the noises coming out of the club hierarchy are that we aren't going to be making a short term appointment. Reported to have said that the long term appointment will turn out to be the best short term appointment as well. They would rather take their time and get the right man.

Of course if it turns out to be Martinez or Howe, you would wonder about their judgement.

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Conte to Spurs confirmed, feel a bit sorry for Nuno really, never wanted by them at any level, totally done over by the Kane fiasco in summer and Paratici has spent the last 6 months convincing Conte to take the spurs job while Nuno was still in post.

Course the shittiness of that will be largely ignored by the media in Spurs case.

From spurs PoV though, thats what getting your director of football appointment right gets you, when the time comes you pick up the best available manager going in about two days. That infrastructure is exactly what we don't have.

aye.

meanwhile, we've had charnley, a combination of bishop/barnes lurking about in the background and the cunt who scouted joelinton. hardly surprising really we ended up with 11th choice bruce who fulfilled all expectations by being fucking useless and as it turns out, blind as a bat to boot and unable to see the horrors he's being inflicting on us.

the knock on effect sadly for the new owners is with the exception of a seemingly unattainable overmars and ten hag set up is a list of potential managers which is hugely uninspiring or a massive gamble as to whether they'd be suitable for the task at hand.

cheers mikey, you fat piece of human scum.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

It could turn out to be someone uninspiring like Howe - or Martinez for that matter - but all the noises coming out of the club hierarchy are that we aren't going to be making a short term appointment. Reported to have said that the long term appointment will turn out to be the best short term appointment as well. They would rather take their time and get the right man.

Of course if it turns out to be Martinez or Howe, you would wonder about their judgement.

Nailed on we appoint Howe or Martinez and a week later Benitez is peddled by the scouse Mackems 

Every day I am more convinced that Howe is the manager we should contract.

He have been many years in a positiion like that. Fighting with Bournemouth in the bottom of the league and He did very well every year with a poor level squad. He is the man got prometed the team since League Two to Premier League and Keep the team 5 years in Premier.

He had players as Ritchie, Fraser and Wilson in his team and got the best level of them.

I am not taling about build the proyect with him as a manager, I am talking about give him the team tomorrow and starting to get points to keeping the category and in next Summer we will see, with the Money we can spend and the players we can sign, if Howe could be do good or we need another.

PS: Last days in Spain press speak so much about Emery and today in the bet sites is the favourite. I think he could be a good option too. Is a very good manager (I think is problem is when he manage top top teams).

Howe short term yes.  But they've apparently ruled that out.

Howe given a chance next summer if we stay up. Nah.  How is he going to attract a type of player that we require to kick on.  Imagine if we are in for the likes of Ramsey et al.  Are they going to be inspired by Eddie fucking Howe?

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Spurs have managed to sack Nuno and agree terms with Conte within 24 hours. Giving Graeme Jones a 3rd game in charge is fucking mental 

They went through it all with Conte in the Summer, it will have been a pretty easy appointment. Levy is also the man who took 10 weeks to appoint Mourinho.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

According to the Athletic we’re Dow to two.

1st choice Emery

2nd Howe

Not the worst by any means. Other than the rumour that he's wedded to the south coast, I quite like Howe, definitely out of all the British managers. Potter is the other one. Would prefer Emery to both though. 

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread