The new manager thread

Polarboy

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Pardew had an air of arrogance.  Howe does have confidence, but a grounded confidence if that makes sense.

Action speak louder than words.  His actions on the first day spoke volumes.  Arriving early, leaving late.  Bleep test, the lot.  Amazing.

It was misplaced arrogance, Pardew talked a lot, but not much of it made any sense. And yeah, Howe talks very well, but more importantly, he  backs it up with real work and system implementation. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just a shout for this video. 90 minutes long so not an office or phone watch.

Its called Minus17 and is the story of Bournemouth’s season when EH took over. TBH it’s a great watch on its own, but even better for the old/new interviews with our new head and assistant coach.

Lovely part when they are hit with injuries so EH puts his very reluctant assistant on the subs bench :lol: 

I posted it too, days ago. Guess that makes me the biggest Eddie Howe fan boy. EH?! 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I must admit I hope Gerrard is a complete flop if he ends up at Villa. Party cos it helps us out, party for the somersaults the media and pundits will have to do to avoid criticising him, party cos it's Villa, and party because of our newest member and their self righteousness. 

:drinks:

59d6f2a43c2ca4175504c3b119e014f3-crop-ex

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Four blokes who you could reasonably believe were all called Grenville. 

"owroight Grenville."

"ow do Grenville."

"morning Grenville."

"Be seein yer Grenville." 

One of them will be a Brian. He's the wit of the group.

• Haha 5

Interesting things about that interview:

1 - It's a bit difficult to take her view that he's the perfect appointment seriously when we were clearly in for Emery. I get that she can't really say anything else but come on man, we're not stupid.

2 - Impressed that they took the risk to buy us given that she's say they could have waited.

3 - Mentions she was impressed Howe brought Bournemouth out of League 2 on 'limited resources'. Similarly, mentions January isn't a window they would normally want to invest in - which I totally get. I think the emphasis is going to be on spending but doing it smartly, not just throwing money around until success comes.

4 - Pleased that their decisions are being strongly underpinned by data and numbers. You'd expect that these days of course but I still suspect it's a strong departure from Ashley.

• Like 2

5 - Couldn't the bloke interviewing her ir the person operating the camera have mentioned to her that she had a bit of hair sticking out at a funny angle?

Now, about the current thread title can we please change it? Makes it sound like we're reluctantly accepting Howe in the meantime until Pep or similar arrives versus actually being excited to see what he can do.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Interesting things about that interview:

1 - It's a bit difficult to take her view that he's the perfect appointment seriously when we were clearly in for Emery. I get that she can't really say anything else but come on man, we're not stupid.

2 - Impressed that they took the risk to buy us given that she's say they could have waited.

3 - Mentions she was impressed Howe brought Bournemouth out of League 2 on 'limited resources'. Similarly, mentions January isn't a window they would normally want to invest in - which I totally get. I think the emphasis is going to be on spending but doing it smartly, not just throwing money around until success comes.

4 - Pleased that their decisions are being strongly underpinned by data and numbers. You'd expect that these days of course but I still suspect it's a strong departure from Ashley.

Tbf, there was supposedly a divided vote in the NUFC camp, I get the feeling that Amanda is one of those who was rooting for Howe. More than likely it will have been the Saudi contingent looking for the bigger name. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Tbf, there was supposedly a divided vote in the NUFC camp, I get the feeling that Amanda is one of those who was rooting for Howe. More than likely it will have been the Saudi contingent looking for the bigger name.

Maybe she deliberately leaked to scupper Emery.

Lasses man.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, OTF said:

5 - Couldn't the bloke interviewing her ir the person operating the camera have mentioned to her that she had a bit of hair sticking out at a funny angle?

Now, about the current thread title can we please change it? Makes it sound like we're reluctantly accepting Howe in the meantime until Pep or similar arrives versus actually being excited to see what he can do.

Aye I'm not happy with the title either. 

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If Little Ed selects TOT,BUJ7 and Lewis the Coward against Brentford ,and we lose,do we still back the manager?

i'd turn my back on him

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread