The new manager thread

Polarboy

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

What an absolute cunt Samuels is.  Why have a dig at Newcastle?  Villa have got Gerrard.  Not fucking peak time Fergie you mad cunts.

Article doesn't mention that Villa CEO Christian Purslow was formerly the Managing Director of Liverpool FC when Gerrard was a player there. Funny that, a hugely experienced sports journalist forgetting to acknowledge an obviously  key point in getting Gerrard to leave Rangers. Almost unbelievable some would say. Yeah .  :cuppa:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

2021-11-12 12_28_06-_INCREDIBLE AMBITION_ AMANDA STAVELEY’S NEWCASTLE UNITED INTERVIEW REACTION !!!!.png

That's proper tickled me 😂 

I'm beginning to think the lad might be on the special side. I'm not sure I'd be broadcasting that I have no social life and don't talk to girls as a means of increasing subs to my channel.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Article doesn't mention that Villa CEO Christian Purslow was formerly the Managing Director of Liverpool FC when Gerrard was a player there. Funny that, a hugely experienced sports journalist forgetting to acknowledge an obviously  key point in getting Gerrard to leave Rangers. Almost unbelievable some would say. Yeah .  :cuppa:

The Rangers £23 million loss and going concern warning (again) in their accounts may also have influenced him, they’re skint again 🙄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm beginning to think the lad might be on the special side. I'm not sure I'd be broadcasting that I have no social life and don't talk to girls as a means of increasing subs to my channel.

He is absolutely special. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Read an interesting article in the Athletic today about what makes Gerrard a potentially great manager, it seemed that he encourages tremendous work ethic - which is good tbf - and that he has some good coaches around him like Beale. He's not so much a coach himself as a leader. 

That's all great tbf, he might well go on to make a good manager, but I don't understand the reasons Samuels gives for him being a better fit for us than Howe. His reasoning is simply, Gerrard is a bigger name so would have more pulling power. 

Mate when you are manager of NUFC the richest club in the world, you don't need a Liverpool certificate of approval. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Underestimating the Incel market there.

1 hour ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Read an interesting article in the Athletic today about what makes Gerrard a potentially great manager, it seemed that he encourages tremendous work ethic - which is good tbf - and that he has some good coaches around him like Beale. He's not so much a coach himself as a leader. 

That's all great tbf, he might well go on to make a good manager, but I don't understand the reasons Samuels gives for him being a better fit for us than Howe. His reasoning is simply, Gerrard is a bigger name so would have more pulling power. 

Mate when you are manager of NUFC the richest club in the world, you don't need a Liverpool certificate of approval. 

:lol: Aye it’s absolutely incredible he’s slating us for not picking a bloke that he thinks we should have picked, who then went and got another job any way. Regardless of what people think Gerrard will become as a manager it’s all guesswork, Eddie Howe has 12 years experience and has experience fighting against relegation which is something all the pundits were banging on about when we were after Emery! Samuel is a fat pig though, and he’s always been a tragic journalist - he puts as much effort into his work as he does his appearance. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye it’s absolutely incredible he’s slating us for not picking a bloke that he thinks we should have picked, who then went and got another job any way. Regardless of what people think Gerrard will become as a manager it’s all guesswork, Eddie Howe has 12 years experience and has experience fighting against relegation which is something all the pundits were banging on about when we were after Emery! Samuel is a fat pig though, and he’s always been a tragic journalist - he puts as much effort into his work as he does his appearance. 

Yeah it is all guesswork with Gerrard, we have far more to go on with Howe who has actual PL experience, and is a really highly rated coach himself. I thought Samuel had turned the corner when he came out in defence of the takeover, but he's back to sticking the boot in. I can only assume he thought Gerrard was getting the gig when he wrote the positive article. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

The Rangers £23 million loss and going concern warning (again) in their accounts may also have influenced him, they’re skint again 🙄

For that precise reason we should sign Nathan Patterson in January…brilliant goal in Moldova…left footed finish from a right back…

• Like 1

Gerrard's time in Scotland was honestly a bit underwhelming if you ask me. When it was announced I really thoughtit could be great for Scottish football as a whole, mainly in terms of the calibre of player he might attract and the additional interest he might generate in the game up here.

He has managed to bring in players that Rangers arguably wouldn't have secured without his presence, done well enough in Europe to help our co-efficient a bit and went a season unbeaten domestically but that's about it. One trophy from nine in a league that's traditionally a two-horse race against a relatively weak Celtic. Fucking St. Johnstone won more domestic silverware last season than Gerrard managed in his whole time at Rangers.

And on the subject of attracting better players and generating interest in the SPL, you could probably argue that the mad Aussie guy that just arrived at Celtic has already outperformed Gerrard on both those fronts already. 

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

For that precise reason we should sign Nathan Patterson in January…brilliant goal in Moldova…left footed finish from a right back…

I've thought that, but more as a long term prospect like. Probably our most promising national talent behind Gilmour.

Gerrard has weirdly only played him about half a dozen times. Think Rafa tried to bring him in for about £5 million at Everton and was laughed out the door.

17 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

2021-11-12 12_28_06-_INCREDIBLE AMBITION_ AMANDA STAVELEY’S NEWCASTLE UNITED INTERVIEW REACTION !!!!.png

The so-called accountant is #1 Fan confirmed. Must be good getting some close up vision of the training ground in pitch-black darkness to supplement the distant visage of it that he enjoys during the day from out the window of his ivory tower.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, toonotl said:

The so-called accountant is #1 Fan confirmed. Must be good getting some close up vision of the training ground in pitch-black darkness to supplement the distant visage of it that he enjoys during the day from out the window of his ivory tower.

This feels like a love letter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This feels like a love letter......

🎵.....straight from his heart, keeps him so near, while apaaaarrrt, Eddie's not alone in the niiiiight, when he can have.... all the love, YouTube kid writes....🎶