The new manager thread

Polarboy

An influx of tedious new posters was always a danger as we become a relevant football club again. We need to collectively act and let them know they chose the wrong forum. This shop is closed to dullards. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Clarko said:

Why are you talking about Demba Ba and Emmanuel Riviere? This is about Shelvey and his peers in central midfield, we have that data (and plenty of it), use it... And for the second time, I never said time equals quality. Last note on that first paragraph, this argument is not about quality, it's about relative quality, meaning when Newcastle's midfielders are compared against one another, who comes out on top? This isn't a Shelvey is the best thing since sliced bread argument, this is a he's the best we've got/had for ~6 years argument.

You can use goals and assists to argue whether or not he's out performed his peers let's see using the ones you mentioned:

• Shelvey has scored 16 goals and made 24 assists in 13,513 minutes, a contribution every 338 minutes
  • S.Longstaff has scored 5 goals and made 4 assists in 5,689 minutes, a contribution every 632 minutes
  • Hayden has scored 7 goals and made 10 assists in 11,955 minutes, a contribution every 703 minutes
  • Merino has scored 1 goal and made 1 assist in 1,424 minutes, a contribution every 712 minutes

Would you look at that... I'm for one am shocked!

Again, my argument is about Shelvey vs his peers, Cabaye was not his peer. HIs position in the team is down to the management and the style/system that they use, if they want Shelvey (and the team) to play higher, that is on the management, not Shelvey.

Shelvey and Hayden play in the same position, YOU'RE the one who brought up Hayden, YOU'RE the one who brought up disciplinary records and YOU'RE the one who brought up goals and assists records. I just did the actual work and provided the statistics, the statistics that YOU chose. I have not cherry picked anything, you chose everything in this debate, you were uninformed and were wrong. Don't resort to lying about me cherry picking data.  Do your research. 

5705e1164a8394aace6018e27d20d237.jpg

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol:

Listen, you can get in a tizz if you like, but the truth of the matter is this;

I specifically said that his cards were reckless and stupid. You find me a source for those metrics and I'll happily provide a pretty graph for it. 

Hayden plays as a Defensive Midfielder, Jonjo doesn't. Just because they exist in roughly the same area of the pitch doesn't mean you can compare their roles. 

Shelvey is evidence of the club being run down by Ashley. He's not good enough for a Premier League team aiming for midtable. The stats you gleefully think prove I'm wrong are proving me right on the central point of this 'discussion'. Hhis game is to be a creative force and yet we're getting more of that from Murphy, Ritchie etc. 

You can try to pivot away from your claim that "he's outlasted and outperformed" every other midfielder (as if context doesn't exist unless it's recorded numerically), you can get angry and put things in CAPS, but the point the original poster was making is that he's shit and needs to go. That he should have been peddled a long time ago. This isn't a controversial opinion and regardless of how special and impressive you think he is, the facts are that a creative midfielder for a Premier League team who has performed as he has, would have been sold/released by any other club. 

I'm in a 'tizz'? Am I? I mean it would be understandable considering you resorted to lying to try and make a point, that you were wrong about...

I remind you, that you wanted to compare Hayden to Shelvey. Not me, I just provided the statistics that, again, you chose. And now you're resorting to changing

the subject of comparison to Ritchie and Murphy, two wide players, after the entirely of your previous argument was proved to be 'nonsense' as you put it. I'm not interested in debating whether or not the club has been run down with you, you're clearly uninformed and after being informed, you're not willing to own up to mistakes/bad takes and you're not willing to change your opinion when presented with new information.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Clarko

4 minutes ago, Clarko said:

I'm in a 'tizz'? Am I? I mean it would be understandable considering you resorted to lying to try and make a point, that you were wrong about...

I remind you, that you wanted to compare Hayden to Shelvey. Not me, I just provided the statistics that, again, you chose. And now you're resorting to changing

the subject of comparison to Ritchie and Murphy, two wide players, after the entirely of your previous argument was proved to be 'nonsense' as you put it. I'm not interested in debating whether or not the club has been run down with you, you're clearly uninformed and after being informed, you're not willing to own up to mistakes and bad takes and you're not willing to change your opinion when presented with new information.

Have a nice day.

You seem a little over-excited.  Maybe try a glass of milk and a nap

7 minutes ago, Clarko said:

the subject of comparison to Ritchie and Murphy, two wide players, after the entirely of your previous argument was proved to be 'nonsense' as you put it. I'm not interested in debating whether or not the club has been run down with you, you're clearly uninformed and after being informed, you're not willing to own up to mistakes/bad takes and you're not willing to change your opinion when presented with new information.

Have a nice day.

This isn’t the forum you’re looking for 

37B8F518-5C64-4014-B622-91CE621CBDC9.jpeg

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Clarko said:

Shelvey made 104 appearances for Benitez… Gayle was signed by Benitez and again made 74 appearances for him… Benitez did spend more than Bruce and was in charge when the team was relegated... Those are facts... 

Rachel Riley Spells Out 'Poo Anally' On Countdown, Reacts Accordingly |  HuffPost UK Entertainment

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Clarko said:

Shelvey made 104 appearances for Benitez… Gayle was signed by Benitez and again made 74 appearances for him… Benitez did spend more than Bruce and was in charge when the team was relegated... Those are facts... 

As I said in the bit you didn't quote, you're just a poor WUM or a clueless twat he thinks he knows about football. You've shown you clearly don't but don't let that obvious stat get in the way of your arguement.

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

As I said in the bit you didn't quote, you're just a poor WUM or a clueless twat he thinks he knows about football. You've shown you clearly don't but don't let that obvious stat get in the way of your arguement.

If I don't not what I'm talking about, you'd be able to tell my why, but you can't, instead you just resorted to throwing "insults" around and everything that you did say that was football related was factually incorrect... But hey, I'm the one who doesn't know football right? I'm here if you change your mind.