The new manager thread

Polarboy

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye @ewerkand didn't he spunk a load of cash at Chelsea too?

Sort of, they were the clubs buys rather than his though.

Hence he never used most of them and ended up falling out with the squad.

• Like 1

Trevor Sinc;lair said Southgate should be in the line for Newcastle.  Jordan laughed at it.  He's then asked Sinclair on his thinking he should be in line for the City job.  To which he said 'well that's a unique job'  Jordan ripped him :lol:

Fuck me.  Clueless cunt.

• Haha 1

Sky Sports Italy are saying we've gone for Rogers, and it will cost around 16m to release him from his contract. Rogers of course is top of the betting, so maybe this is just them trying to add what they think is two and two together. Personally I'd definitely take Rogers given he knows the league top to bottom and has extensive knowledge in most areas in a club, youth training etc. In terms of a stepping stone manager I don't think we could do any better. Rogers, under the guiding hand of whoever we're going to get as sporting director, could get us into the shape whereby we can go for a top tier manager. I refer to the sporting director because you of course don't want a situation where Rogers buys a load of expensive players, and then when and if we brought a new manager in he'd want rid of half them. This of course is part of the reason why sporting directors who have a fair bit of control over recruitment have become popular. Rogers of course would likely back himself as more than a stepping stone should these rumours hold any weight. 

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Allegedly Rangnick has said some dodgy stuff in his past (about African footballers), hope we get him, but undoubtedly the press will be all over him if so !!!!

Owners fond of decapitation. 

A racist DoF. 

If we sign Adam Johnson as youth coach I’d say that’s full house. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've read his comments, at least the ones I could find, and if you were to take the worst possible reading of them you could maybe assume he was racist. He was talking about Naby Keita when he was at Leipzig and said that he came from a small village, even though where he's from in Guinea is three times the size of Leipzig, and was being manipulated by his family and extended family. He then went on to say that African players often have a financial responsibility to a lot of people who they send money home to, which again can affect their decision making. Arrogant and perhaps ignorant in some respects, but racist is a word that's thrown around very easily. In fact some people seem to have moved straight onto white supremacist given racist doesn't quite hold the same sting anymore. In any case it seems we're literally looking at the best in class as Gary Neville would say. Campos, Henrique, McPartland and Rangnick seem to be the names being circulated. Campos formerly of Lille, Monaco and Real Madrid sounds very exciting. He's literally the guy who discovered Mbappe among many other massive players, and was the hand behind Lille and Monaco's title wins and great runs in the recent past. 

Edited by Polarboy

17 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I've read his comments, at least the ones I could find, and if you were to take the worst possible reading of them you could maybe assume he was racist. He was talking about Naby Keita when he was at Leipzig and said that he came from a small village, even though where he's from in Guinea is three times the size of Leipzig, and was being manipulated by his family and extended family. He then went on to say that African players often have a financial responsibility to a lot of people who they send money home to, which again can affect their decision making. Arrogant and perhaps ignorant in some respects, but racist is a word that's thrown around very easily. In fact some people seem to have moved straight onto white supremacist given racist doesn't quite hold the same sting anymore. In any case it seems we're literally looking at the best in class as Gary Neville would say. Campos, Henrique, McPartland and Rangnick seem to be the names being circulated. Campos formerly of Lille, Monaco and Real Madrid sounds very exciting. He's literally the guy who discovered Mbappe among many other massive players, and was the hand behind Lille and Monaco's title wins and great runs in the recent past. 

Sorry but to be clear - he's a racist for observing that African players have a tendency to send money home, something which he has presumable observed directly and is therefore qualified to comment on.. and for an assumption that one guy came from a village?

I'd call the latter ignorance, and possibly casual racism at the very worst. It's definitely not white supremacy :lol: If you said that kind of stuff in Sunderland, no one would bat an eyelid.

To be clear, but maybe that's not what you meant, nobody called Rangnick a white supermacist. I was speaking in a general sense. 

Edit. Oh and those are just the comments I've read. Again perhaps he said or done other things worthy of criticism. 

Edited by Polarboy

Ah sorry yes I assumed that accusation had been levelled. OK well maybe a bit of criticism is due but ultimately I guess it's for African players to comment on if they see it as an issue. I suppose we'll see as things move on, I daresay every little detail will now be scrutinised anyway.

• Like 1

For weeks now,during most  pre-match press conferences,Brucey has informed the press how hit number target this season is progressing,reaching 1000 games as a Premier League manager.I wonder if the delay in getting rid of the fat bastard is down to him trying to hang on for one last game so he can reach his 1000 games target.If the Saudi’s fall for that one we’ll be looking at 1000 games and another defeat.

6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

For weeks now,during most  pre-match press conferences,Brucey has informed the press how hit number target this season is progressing,reaching 1000 games as a Premier League manager.I wonder if the delay in getting rid of the fat bastard is down to him trying to hang on for one last game so he can reach his 1000 games target.If the Saudi’s fall for that one we’ll be looking at 1000 games and another defeat.

Sentimentality won’t come into it. We could be relegated by a point. They’re doing what they’re doing right now because they believe it’s the best thing for the club.

• Like 2

If he accepts mutual termination for nowt I’d give him the last game but would make sure he isn’t involved in anything substantial. What about putting him in charge of making bacon sandwiches for Jones or something like that.

19 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

If he accepts mutual termination for nowt I’d give him the last game but would make sure he isn’t involved in anything substantial. What about putting him in charge of making bacon sandwiches for Jones or something like that.

If Bruce walks away from £8m for the sake of reaching an arbitrary number, he's a fucking madman :lol: 

I could see it though.

5 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Allegedly Rangnick has said some dodgy stuff in his past (about African footballers), hope we get him, but undoubtedly the press will be all over him if so !!!!

Could take a bit of heat off the owners ;) 

• Haha 1

Benitez would be perfect but unlikely to leave Everton at this point. 

Rodgers apparently not interested - if it was the summer I think he’d go for it. Will struggle to push Leicester much further and a project like Newcastle could be a huge opportunity. 

Gerrard is a big gamble. Would probably be the most interested but he’s only managed in a two horse league. Can he push a team like Newcastle on? Risky. 

Whoever takes over is going to need to be able to overhaul the squad and get Newcastle into the top six to eight places. Sky is the limit after that, but it’s no easy task for whoever gets the nod. 

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Good. Although I am curious as to why not I suppose.

Apparently expecting the Man City job when Pep leaves.  Will need an even bigger portrait if that happens (or perhaps already needs one for making that assumption).

• Haha 4

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread