The new manager thread

Polarboy

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye you’re right, that’s what I meant, the Toulon tournament which was/is annual for youngsters?   Le Tournoi was a warm up for the WC a year early when Roberto Carlos bent that free kick about 12 feet?  :lol:

Funny how you remember random things so clearly. I watched that goal in the Sal in Tynemouth, possibly the most stunning goal I've ever seen live. Years later I watched the so called  Galiticos playing against Espanol in Barcelona. Iirc Zidane, Beckham, , Carlos, and Michael fucking Owen all played. They were absolutely dog shit. Lost 1-0 but could easily have been 6-0. Carlos was particularly shit. What do Brazilian players seem to have a half life on 2 years at most? 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Funny how you remember random things so clearly.  Carlos was particularly shit. What do Brazilian players seem to have a half life on 2 years at most? 

Runner up and World Cup champion. Three Champions League titles. Quite an achievement in two years. 

Steven Taylor was shite. Carlos not so much!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye you’re right, that’s what I meant, the Toulon tournament which was/is annual for youngsters?   Le Tournoi was a warm up for the WC a year early when Roberto Carlos bent that free kick about 12 feet?  :lol:

Aye. That’s the fella. England actually won it iirc

Roberto Carlos was overrated as a free kick taker. More likely to hit row z than the back of the net. Despite that one at Le Tournoi. Shit though? What absolute fucking bollocks :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Real Madrid didn’t need a left sided midfielder for most of a decade, he did the whole side himself. Think they signed McManaman to fill the role but didn’t need him there .To Macca’s credit he moved inside, still got in the side and scored in the European cup final… then Figo came in and he was benched :lol: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He won’t be there long…. Tindall is a right cunt, a fuckin nob end in the Pardew mould…he’ll make things unbearable for Jonah…

It was Tindall who got him in down at Bournemouth wasn't it?

• Like 1

Like some replies to that Tweet.  We are impressed that a gaffer is in work at a reasonable time to get grafting.  Yet none of this will be picked up by the media.  Or it will and it will be totally ignored as it doesn't fit their agenda.

This is a decent watch. You need to get it on your telly cos its 1.5 hours though. 

Pretty radge story though. Third manager that season, 31 years old, 17 point deduction, 23rd in the league, and I don't think he took over til the January. 

19 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Used to be 6.30 am at Bournemouth, seems like they are seeing Newcastle as something of a vacation. 

Coming from Bournemouth he mistakenly thought because Newcastle is so far up Norf that there was a time difference 

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread