The new manager thread

Polarboy

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I know it’s probably reading way to much into it but ASM’s body language throughout doesn’t look great. Couple that with his poor form since Bruce left and his message about Bruce, there’s a little bit of a thought that he really did like Bruce as he was basically allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted and he’s going to be frustrated by the more controlled atmosphere going forward. Obviously I hope I’m reading to much into it, if it is the case obviously it’s better to have the team playing collectively better anyway, it would just be a shame as I think he could be a real star player if he can thrive in a Howe set up team. 

If he can’t be arsed to graft for his manager he should leave and be the star in some other shit side where he doesn’t have any defensive duties. All the best players work their balls off out of possession. ASM has the ability to be as good as he wants to be. I hope he is up for the challenge. He could be the star in a team which is going places if he can be arsed 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Where Bruce would just tell them not to bother coming in

Didn't Bruce, after being criticised for going on holiday to Portugal during the previous international break, defend himself by saying, ah sure there was only a few of lads about because of the internationals, not like I could do much even if I was there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

If he can’t be arsed to graft for his manager he should leave and be the star in some other shit side where he doesn’t have any defensive duties. All the best players work their balls off out of possession. ASM has the ability to be as good as he wants to be. I hope he is up for the challenge. He could be the star in a team which is going places if he can be arsed 

Look at city. Every single one grafts their bollocks off. Ronaldo on the other hand does fuck all off the ball and that's why hes gone missing against the big teams this season. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ah bless. This is the young lad who quit uni to continue his YouTube career. Good on him.

I think you mean school. No fucking way is he old enough for uni. Plus, is he stood in a hole? Howe isn't Klopps height 😂

Canny shift for Howe! 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Didn't Bruce, after being criticised for going on holiday to Portugal during the previous international break, defend himself by saying, ah sure there was only a few of lads about because of the internationals, not like I could do much even if I was there. 

‘Look,everyone trained’ he certainly said.Not under his watchful eye though.

Aye. How can you respect a man like Bruce telling you to run :lol: 

Some energy from Howe today, very very impressive. Looks like he’s going balls deep in the job.

so to speak 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"It's not a criticism, just a different type of training."

Wonder if someone had the wobbly lip. Love that he got them doing a beep test day 1 as well. :lol:

Hope he's getting torn into them behind the scenes.

"professional athletes my arse. I'll give you a week and anycunt that loses to me in a bleep test is out the door"

There’s definitely been a few upset lads today. They’ve been getting paid like elite athletes but Bruce had them doing fuck all. 

The hard work pays off though & it’ll show on the pitch.

• Like 4

Ritchie was loving that bleep test. Reckon he's pleased he's got his father back.

If Howe brings enthusiasm to the party and he's getting them fit for a change in style, then some of them will enjoy getting that edge. As a unit they've just stagnated to where we are today. By the looks of things, the staff have ran them ragged today to see how they fare. Quite a few of them were blowing in some of those scenes. 

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bless!? His Mam needs to give him a clip and tell him to get a proper job :lol: 

Not if he keeps getting fucking SCOOPS like the below:

:lol: Aye maybe he should stick to school eh. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, safcforever said:

I think this should be very underwhelming for you lot. 
yeah he’s an ok manager but unless they’ve done this for next season to win promotion then I don’t see the point in the appointment 

funny GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I know its only a few snippets but he was using Shelvey a lot and BUJ7. 

I've already expressed my doubts about Shelvey being able to work a high press, but I think we have to basically give everyone a clean sheet and see what Howe's plans for this squad will be. For all we know, he might be able to get a tune out of Hendrick who was Mr Invisible under Brewcie. These are truly exciting times, I just cannit wait for Brentford. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chaser said:

Ritchie was loving that bleep test. Reckon he's pleased he's got his father back.

If Howe brings enthusiasm to the party and he's getting them fit for a change in style, then some of them will enjoy getting that edge. As a unit they've just stagnated to where we are today. By the looks of things, the staff have ran them ragged today to see how they fare. Quite a few of them were blowing in some of those scenes. 

Read an interview from former Bournemouth player Simon Francis this morning, and he reckons the lads from there (Wilson and Ritchie) are buzzing that Howe is there. 

I also see Luke Baldwards has been tweeting an article about how this could turn out to be a great appointment, which makes his constant defence of Bruce over the last two years even more reprehensible. 

• Like 3

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread