The new manager thread

Polarboy

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The interesting thing about Rafa is that Everton are pretty much regarding FFP. If they could make a profit on letting him go then they might entertain the idea.

Conte is the best coach of those being mentioned but Rafa has the advantage of knowing exactly what changes need to be made immediately regarding the infrastructure and playing staff.

I'd say Rafa will be committed to what he's doing at Everton and as much as he would love the long term project here abandoning Everton would not sit well with him.

• Like 3

As long as its not Gerrard, Lampard or Rogers, cant stand any of them and we should be aiming for better than that. should go all out for Conte and if we cannot get him i would be happy with mourinho.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Allow him control of transfers. Simples

Given they are bringing in a director of football like Rangnick, or McPartland etc, as Kid highlights in the Telegraph story, it's very unlikely they'll give full control over the transfers to any manager. But it seems to be system that works for a lot of, if not nearly all of, the most successful teams. The key I would imagine is how much trust and communication can be fostered between whoever the DOF and manager turn out to be. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Rodgers would get my backing if he came, I'd actually like Potter as he's done a lot with the club's he's had and clearly has the ability to actually manage players rather than just throw money at a problem. 

Gerard has a championship side team in a pub league so I don't see how that level of competition sets him up. 

Club needs to fight relegation first before considering running for Europe. It'll come but probably being a bit realistic about how attractive we are at this very minute. 

Edited by Chaser

Seriously how rotten is football when a perma-wank manager like Bruce gets 8 million quid for doing an incompetent half arsed job?  8 million for having the club one place better than rock bottom? He’ll pretend he’s hard done by and should’ve been given a chance but he’s basically been holding out for the sack and the equivalent of a lotto win.

Its crazy. Mike’s parting gift obviously…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Look back through history. @Andrew is a fanatic of his.

Give him his props. Bring Sammy and Shola into the fray. Might be onto to a new improvement.

I do like brian cox but I wouldnt go that far

10 hours ago, Kitman said:

Seriously how rotten is football when a perma-wank manager like Bruce gets 8 million quid for doing an incompetent half arsed job?  8 million for having the club one place better than rock bottom? He’ll pretend he’s hard done by and should’ve been given a chance but he’s basically been holding out for the sack and the equivalent of a lotto win.

Its crazy. Mike’s parting gift obviously…

I doubt any of his pals in the press will mention 7 wins in 37 games.Will a tv or radio presenter? 

6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I doubt any of his pals in the press will mention 7 wins in 37 games.Will a tv or radio presenter? 

I'm interested to hear the tack the media take in the main after the takeover since the normal tripe they trot out ad nauseam will no longer fit what will be happening on the pitch (eventually).

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

A Newcastle fan with a southern accent has just been on talkSHITE and said he’d like Steve Jones to get the job.Simon SHITHOUSE Jordan interrupted ‘ That’s a nice geordie accent’ .The caller replied ‘My parents are Geordies and so are the rest of my family’ .What an absolute shithouse Jordan is.

I liked him on T4 but I’m not sure what qualifies him for the manager job

• Haha 3

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread