The new manager thread

Polarboy

I’m honestly no longer treating anyone that states Bruce is hard done by, or says he’s done a good job with the benefit of saying they’re on the wind up, as far as I’m concerned they just know nothing about football. It’s actually laughable the bloke is as bad as he is and he’s made a career this long in management, we’ve played 8 this season in all comps and we’ve not come close to a win I’m not even sure how many minutes we’ve even been ahead in games. The fact they are still banging on about it as if it’s even a talking point honestly makes me think they genuinely believe he has done a good job, which is an embarrassing opinion. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m honestly no longer treating anyone that states Bruce is hard done by, or says he’s done a good job with the benefit of saying they’re on the wind up, as far as I’m concerned they just know nothing about football. It’s actually laughable the bloke is as bad as he is and he’s made a career this long in management, we’ve played 8 this season in all comps and we’ve not come close to a win I’m not even sure how many minutes we’ve even been ahead in games. The fact they are still banging on about it as if it’s even a talking point honestly makes me think they genuinely believe he has done a good job, which is an embarrassing opinion. 

I have to listen to a bloke at work say Bruce isnt a bad manager. He says Newcastle dont spend enough money for any manager to do well, then I point out that Rafa had far less spent on his transfers/had a worse squad but its still 'that doesnt mean Bruce has done a bad job really.' I have no idea from where or why people form this opinion on him.. mind you, this is also the same lad that says that Frank Bruno would beat Fury over 12 rounds, so that says alot.

Edited by 247
  • Like 3

Was just thinking there that the ideal initial scenario could be that Rangnick comes  in initially as as head coach for the rest of the season, and then moves into the directors role at the end of the season. He's coached RB Leipzig twice on a short term basis, has extensive on hand coaching experience himself, and what better way would there be for him to find out exactly what the club needs in terms of players, staff, infrastructure etc. than if he did the job on a temporary basis, as well as to keep us up in the league and ticking over. 

• Like 4

Basically, no one knows whats going to happen. No one knew the takeover was actually happening until the day it happened and no one knows exactly where this board are going to place themselves in the market, hence Potter and Howe being in the mix with Conte and Favre. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

If this German geezer is appointed DoF, is he going to want Rogers?

I’d imagine he’ll have a celebratory drink,  beyond that it’s none of our business. 

kinky bitch. 

• Haha 5

Who's that me or Fish? :lol:

I don't know what I feel about Lampard becoming the gaffer tbh.  I think he would ruffle some feathers as he was v strict at Chelsea.  Maybe that worked against him and he's learnt something.

I’m not sure what Frank Lampard has done to earn any Premier League job. You only have to look at the difference Tuchel made at Chelsea to see how Lampard had a good squad underperforming.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m not sure what Frank Lampard has done to earn any Premier League job. You only have to look at the difference Tuchel made at Chelsea to see how Lampard had a good squad underperforming.

100% agree, playoff final loss and being crap for chelsea is all hes done.

Aye, he didn't do amazing with Derby and did nowt with Chelsea either. 

I don't think Rangnick would look at the young English managers and choose Lampard over someone like Potter, or maybe even Wilder. They at least have shown invention and a deeper understanding of football beyond the "Jokey answer, no but seriously answer" approach in interviews.

• Like 2

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread