The new manager thread

Polarboy

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Sentimentality won’t come into it. We could be relegated by a point. They’re doing what they’re doing right now because they believe it’s the best thing for the club.

I do hope so but if they have no one to come in as manager will they put Jones in charge for the Tottenham game or keep Brucey in charge.Brucey is obsessed in reaching 1000 Premier League games,everyone knows that,and he’ll be doing everything he can to achieve it.He’ll do what’s best for himself and to what extent will he go to.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Whoever gets the job now will be unlikely to still be our manager in 3 years time.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Whoever gets the job now will be unlikely to still be our manager in 3 years time.

I agree.Winning only the Premier League in three years time will be classed as failure 😉

Is Bruce going to retire after this or something? Why are people going on as if he's not going to just walk into another trash team and get them relegated over the course of a year or two - the same pattern he's been running for the last decade?

He'll get that 1000th fucking game whether here or elsewhere. Better off elsewhere tbh cos it's going to be a tragedy of an experience for him if he's here on Sunday when the goals start flying in.

Apparently Rooney is interested in the Newcastle job 😂 What a fucking embarrassment if he's had his agent float that to the media. Then again given he's literally famous for shagging grannies, and getting taken a hand of by wannabe wags after getting paralytic, it appears self awareness isn't something he has a lot of.

• Haha 5

Craig Hope saying that Rudi Garcia is a name that's been put to them as another candidate. Given our current position we could do a lot worse than Garcia given his experience and achievements in the game. And he's not just a manager that has worked at big teams with the best players. He has experience of getting a tune out of teams down the lower end. I'd certainly take an experienced foreign coach over a Gerrard or a Lampard. In any case though the new owners really need to speed this process up. It can't be a good atmosphere if Hope's other reporting is to be believed about Lascelles and Hayden coming to blows, and some of the players questioning Bruce's "tactics". 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

On 16/10/2021 at 00:13, Rayvin said:

Is Bruce going to retire after this or something? Why are people going on as if he's not going to just walk into another trash team and get them relegated over the course of a year or two - the same pattern he's been running for the last decade?

He'll get that 1000th fucking game whether here or elsewhere. Better off elsewhere tbh cos it's going to be a tragedy of an experience for him if he's here on Sunday when the goals start flying in.

Exactly, if he's done as good a job with us as many in the media attest then he'll have no problem getting work elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“So Wayne, one of our weaknesses is being a bit slack and wide open at the back…l

” Mine too, la”. 

"We're leaking from the back, well past our prime, so first thing we need you to do is come in and plug the gaps"

(On the) Wayne: "I'm in"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Bruce has done it. He’s made me so desperate for a change that I’ll actually take Eddie Howe

If he was to come in for the remainder of the season there would be worse things we could do. He knows the league and the players and frankly the first hurdle is a vastly different ask to the mid-long term job that starts proper once premier league status is maintained. Big bonus for keeping us up, doesn't hurt his prospects for getting a job elsewhere. With our roster if we can rack up a few points by January with a bit of focused strenthening he should be more than capable.

As a clean slate with Premier League status assured and a summer of spending you'd have to think we open up our options substantially. 

Edited by OTF

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Man predicts team in relegation zone will lose and that the highest scoring player currently in the league will score a goal. :lol:

Aye, but remember where you heard it first: listening to any casual fan ever since the beginning of time.

• Haha 2

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread