The new manager thread

Polarboy

Mourinho's fall over the years has been remarkable. 

Haven't watched many of Fonseca's teams, going on what's out there to read though seems like he could be someone to lead a bit of a project. You'd think it would be a bit of a gamble considering he has no experience in England but then a fresh face with new ideas is just what this team needs. Restart football for this sorry lot in the squad, just enough to try and get to a tenable situation in January. 

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

One thing to mention, if we were to go down (no bed wetting here) it'll only delay the progress by a year or so.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We have loadsa games and lodsa points to get. What's wrong with you pissy pants

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We have loadsa games and lodsa points to get. What's wrong with you pissy pants

:lol: I'm not concerned, but trying to give you miseries a little hope.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Mourinhos Roma got battered 6-1 by Bodo/Glimt so he might be available sooner rather than later.

Tbh not his fault he was playing two teams at once 

• Haha 4

I have to say that while I'm excited by the brand of football Fonseca likes to play, should he be confirmed, I do worry that we don't have the players that suit said style, at least of course until we get a transfer window. Obviously people who are far more knowledgeable about football than me will be advising Staveley and the rest of the consortium, but from a relative laymen's perspective it does seem like we are seriously lacking in terms of players who can perform high pressing and possession football. Then again a lot of the players under Bruce looked barely like professional footballers at times, so maybe Fonseca will elevate the form of players like Hayden, Longstaff, maybe even Fraser etc. At least enough so as to get us to January with a few wins under our belt. 

Edit. It should be said that Fonseca has said in the past the he would never compromise the way in which he wants his teams to play, so yeah a lot of coaches would just adapt to the players they have at their disposal, but Fonseca seems very resolute in his idea of how a team should play. Again it could be the we get a good manager bounce and the players prove themselves to be more capable than I am perhaps assuming, but only time will tell. 

Edited by Polarboy

47 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The Athletic has an article where their writers pick who we “should” be going for and it’s the most football hipster list I’ve ever seen :lol: Some bloke managing in Serie B and Xabi Alonso, current manager of Real Sociedad B are particular highlights.

I always really wanted us to have Xabi Alonso as a player at least.

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

Could Simon Jordan help the club in any way? Let’s say as an advisor to the owners/board.Mandy will need someone to work with because I would imagine there will be a big gap ,with regards to football knowledge,between Mandy and a DOF.

Another cracking idea from me ☺️☺️☺️

Your worst yet.

• Haha 3

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread