The new manager thread

Polarboy

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m pretty sure we can afford a professional translator, mate. :lol: 

😄 Aye, I'm sure we can, but who would be more ideal than Overmars to communicate ten Hag's football philosophy to the players. A Dutch translator who perhaps doesn't understand the subtleties  of football would be no substitute for Overmars. Look obviously managers have come in before with poor English and done well, Poch being a good example above, but  I can't think of any who've had to come into such an already chaotic situation. And obviously most managers, apart from Bielsa apparently, look to improve their English as soon as possible for obvious reasons in terms of wanting to be able to get their ideas across personally.

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

😄 Aye, I'm sure we can, but who would be more ideal than Overmars to communicate ten Hag's football philosophy to the players. A Dutch translator who perhaps doesn't understand the subtleties  of football would be no substitute for Overmars. Look obviously managers have come in before with poor English and done well, Poch being a good example above, but  I can't think of any who've had to come into such an already chaotic situation. And obviously most managers, apart from Bielsa apparently, look to improve their English as soon as possible for obvious reasons in terms of wanting to be able to get their ideas across personally.

Aye, ‘Here Marc, forget that massive transfer spend, overhaul of the academy, new training ground and medical revolution you’ve been working on. Come down and tell us what this crazy Dutch bastard is saying’.

;) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

How's the bacon, did you say? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, ‘Here Marc, forget that massive transfer spend, overhaul of the academy, new training ground and medical revolution you’ve been working on. Come down and tell us what this crazy Dutch bastard is saying’.

;) 

He's going to quadruple his wages supposedly, so might as well get our monies worth if he comes 😉 

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

They should have a dutch week at bake off baking space cakes.

You know that’d end up with Noel fucking Fielding finger-blasting Mary Berry whilst the scouse cunt had a whitey in the corner. 

Maybe. :lol:

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You know that’d end up with Noel fucking Fielding finger-blasting Mary Berry whilst the scouse cunt had a whitey in the corner. 

Paul Hollywood would certainly not just shaking hands.

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Would make a change from him smoking Lucas 

Sorry not sorry 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Iain Macintosh is doing a series of articles for the Athletic where he manages Newcastle on FM22. This post is probably solely for the attention of @The Fish, I guess. 

If he, at any point, refers to it as a "Super Computer" I am not interested.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If he, at any point, refers to it as a "Sewper dewper Compewter" I am really interested and will show the results on RTG in my spare time. :good:

Fair play on your magnanimity towards them, fish. :D

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Iain Macintosh is doing a series of articles for the Athletic where he manages Newcastle on FM22. This post is probably solely for the attention of @The Fish, I guess. 

tbf the first paragraph has me reeled in :razz: 

I open the door to my new office, flick the light switch and take it all in. A nice, long desk. My desk. A clean, shining whiteboard. My whiteboard. The faintest smell of cabbage… but I’m sure that will pass. 

• Haha 5

There's been an article this evening in Bild the German paper, which is usually pretty accurate, that Farve has moved ahead of Fonseca as favourite, or at the very least is even with him in the minds of the people making the decisions. Personally Farve's greater experience, given the position we're in, puts me more at ease than if Fonseca was to get the job. I think I'm correct in saying that Farve actually has experience in coming into a club very near the bottom of the league, I think it was Hertha Berlin, at an even later stage than this in the season, keeping them up comfortably, and stabilising them. 

Report: Lucien Favre now favourite to take Newcastle job (tbrfootball.com)

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Favre now fave according to the Twitter. 

ALSO

according to Twitter Fonseca the man :lol:

I think we will have our man signed in the next international break 

Seems like the people on twitter have read the same article as me 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

There's been an article this evening in Bild the German paper, which is usually pretty accurate, that Farve has moved ahead of Fonseca as favourite, or at the very least is even with him in the minds of the people making the decisions. Personally Farve's greater experience, given the position we're in, puts me more at ease than if Fonseca was to get the job. I think I'm correct in saying that Farve actually has experience in coming into a club very near the bottom of the league, I think it was Hertha Berlin, at an even later stage than this in the season, keeping them up comfortably, and stabilising them. 

Report: Lucien Favre now favourite to take Newcastle job (tbrfootball.com)

The Bildzeitung is as reliable as the Express, the Sun or Loerrach Zeitung tbh

• Haha 2

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread