Football Manager 22

Andrew

So I wasn't going to bother with this years installment until this week :lol:

Pleasantly surprised to find that it will be on Xbox Gamepass from release day (console and PC) so I won't even have to pay for it!

I'll no doubt get this, play a couple of seasons with the silly wealth and then turn attention to a beleaguered side in the Northern Premier.

• 1 month later...

Got issued an ultimatum by Al-Rumayyan in January of my first season: 9 points from the next 5 games.

Lost the first one at home to Southampton and and immediately resigned before he could give me any more shit. 

I am terrible at this game. 

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Got issued an ultimatum by Al-Rumayyan in January of my first season: 9 points from the next 5 games.

Lost the first one at home to Southampton and and immediately resigned before he could give me any more shit. 

I am terrible at this game. 

No you're not. Your staff are terrible. You don't actually do anything.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No you're not. Your staff are terrible. You don't actually do anything.

I do touchline shouts and absolutely insane instructions when I go behind in matches. Which usually lead to us going even further behind. 

• Haha 1

Played 1.5 seasons, won the league and FA cup first season. Spent about 190 million and cleared out most of the shite.

Top of the league and 1st knockout round of the champions league second season 

Realised you can pay for players in annual instalments which makes the £200m first season limitation disappear. Spent £413m in the summer transfer window. 

I'm in breach of FFP rules obviously but I'm expecting the owners to inject some cash to fix this. 

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Spent £500m in my first season and finished 4th.

£159m to spend in season 2 which I fully intend to turn into another £500m by loading up the instalments. 

Jesus christ :lol:

Lads, I don't know what to tell you. You aren't pushing your Board hard enough. 

I actually just spent the £159m without introducing instalments for season 2. Al-Rumayyan's got enough on his hands dealing with the instalment plan I've already put him on. 

Don't need to, I'm all about the wheeling and dealing. Plus they're spending wonga on the Dave Watson Academy, the THE FISH training ground and the extensions to St James' Park.

I got bored of Newcastle a few seasons in and went off to manage Boca for a season, absolutely obliterated the league and then left and have just joined Napoli.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2021 at 16:18, Gemmill said:

Spent £500m in my first season and finished 4th.

£159m to spend in season 2 which I fully intend to turn into another £500m by loading up the instalments. 

How did you get hold of £500m? :lol:

This is my team at the end of august in my first season, spent the entire £200m given + sales (Got Rafinha from Leeds as well but he broke his foot in a friendly and is out for 3 months)

ce84bb22e3e3588734276e5b91125ec2.png

Edited by 247

9 hours ago, 247 said:

This is my team at the end of august in my first season, spent the entire £200m given + sales (Got Rafinha from Leeds as well but he broke his foot in a friendly and is out for 3 months)

3 x 12 month instalments for all signings. The game only counts the first of these instalments as being part of your season 1 £200m limit. 

So you can actually spend £600m right at the start of the game. If you're really good like me, you can just about manage 4th place off the back of it. :lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 247 said:

Vlahovic is absolutely superb in this iteration, Ive had him on two saves and he’s utterly brilliant.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Vlahovic is absolutely superb in this iteration, Ive had him on two saves and he’s utterly brilliant.

24 in 17 for me by mid December :lol: Got him for £46m, he has a release clause of £77m to any club in the champions league so im gonna try tempt him with a new contract end of season when I hopefully finish 4th or higher 

Edited by 247
  • Like 1