The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

It could depend a lot on who these two Spurs players that tested positive for Covid are. I doubt we'll be lucky enough for it to be Kane and Son of course. Then again I suppose I should get past the notion we have no luck given the past week 😁 With regard to the atmosphere turning toxic, I'd rather we just concentrate on the future. Why give the twat the satisfaction. He's the past, long since a dinosaur in the game who will be forgotten as a journeyman coach. As for the match it's difficult to predict. The players might be more motivated than they've been in a long time, so expect Shelvey to have one of the maybe two or three decent games he has a season. 

• Haha 1

If Bruce loses this he'll increase the urgency with which PIF will want to replace him, thus making his £8m more likely.

I am therefore predicting an unlikely draw because I doubt Bruce has the nous even to throw a game properly.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Our first game as the worlds footballing superpower of superpowers and we're using this thread title? I despair. It'll be like Jeff Winter's last game as a ref where he wondered if some of the applause at the end of the game were for him

I mean, our first game as the worlds footballing superpower is going to see us get roundly spanked and then laughed at by the rest of the footballing world. I think given the circumstances, the more tongue in cheek we are about this, the harder it's going to be for everyone else to find it gratifying. The last laugh will be ours I daresay, but for now we're going to have to get ready to suck it up and make sure Bruce is front and centre of it.

I mean this is what Bruce wants, his 1000th game. He wants everyone to be talking about him. So I'm just saying we respect his wishes. :cuppa: 

Also when did Alex accuse me of this exactly :lol:

EDIT - you mean his son :D I see. Wondered if I'd missed something there.

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: The entirety of the build up to the Everton v West Ham match has just been about Newcastle. Robbie Earle saying he expects Newcastle will win titles in the near future. I bet the Everton and West Ham fans watching are loving this. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The entirety of the build up to the Everton v West Ham match has just been about Newcastle. Robbie Earle saying he expects Newcastle will win titles in the near future. I bet the Everton and West Ham fans watching are loving this. 

Nothing more than we've had to put up with for years so fuck'em. :D

• Like 3