The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

Perfect game for the owners to see tbh. Even Bruce seemed to acknowledge it at full time. He’s been given a chance to be anything other than completely fucking useless and he’s failed at the first hurdle. As we move on, he’s going to be a pathetic, barely remembered footnote in our history and rightfully so. So long, Bruce and take your fucking useless mates with you

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Hopefully that will be the end of Bruceball. I never want to see that cunt in our dugout again.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him in the opposition dugout :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonatine said:

The only thing he oozes is sweat and lard.  Dignity?  Fuck me :lol:

You can immediately tell someone does not watch football/understand football the moment they suggest that Bruce is in anyway a good manager. The absurdity of it is that there's a long string of supporters over a load of clubs that will attest to the truth about the quality of football his sides turn out, and yet, against a tide of facts suggesting otherwise, the voices that are most heard are from those that sprout misinformation.

• Like 4

Rehab fitness coach Cristian Fernandez:

"After more than five years, it’s time to say goodbye."

"I want to thank Newcastle United for giving me the opportunity to live great experiences enjoying this amazing Toon, where we have felt at home. But, above all, for being able to meet so many good people who helped me grow personally and professionally."

"I wish you the best of luck in this exciting time for the city.”

“I hope to see you soon. Thank you very much."

Dreadful. I know Wilson is short of match fitness but taking him and Willock off and leaving Joelinton on the pitch was almost Bruce acknowledging that his time is up. I simply can't believe that anyone in their right mind thought he was worth £40000 never mind £4 Million. He's absolutely out of his depth as a footballer and should not be in this side. I'd play Murphy or Fraser over him all day. 

Whilst Im not a fan of the name calling for Bruce, he should have gone games ago. He knows he can't turn our fortunes around, 36% possession at home with one shot on target is nothing short of disgraceful. Given that we should have had a bounce from this, the players are disorganised and disinterested.  At the start of the season I thought some of the results were a bit harsh on a couple of performances, but they've just got worse as the weeks have wore on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Dreadful. I know Wilson is short of match fitness but taking him and Willock off and leaving Joelinton on the pitch was almost Bruce acknowledging that his time is up. I simply can't believe that anyone in their right mind thought he was worth £40000 never mind £4 Million. He's absolutely out of his depth as a footballer and should not be in this side. I'd play Murphy or Fraser over him all day. 

Whilst Im not a fan of the name calling for Bruce, he should have gone games ago. He knows he can't turn our fortunes around, 36% possession at home with one shot on target is nothing short of disgraceful. Given that we should have had a bounce from this, the players are disorganised and disinterested.  At the start of the season I thought some of the results were a bit harsh on a couple of performances, but they've just got worse as the weeks have wore on. 

The question I’d like to ask those who say that we don’t have the quality to win matches is how did we manage to go on such a great run at the end of the season if we don’t have the players? The squad we have are better than relegation level. The problem is with the manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SB: "Well certainly we were beaten by the better team. Problems we've had for a while were there to be seen defensively......

We were not able to defend well enough as a team."

I am enjoying hearing Bruce's final bit of press. If we weren't previously owned by Ashley he would have been sacked some time ago, truthfully he would never have been anywhere near being appointed.

27 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

The only thing he oozes is sweat and lard.  Dignity?  Fuck me :lol:

I just saw that on the bbc site and thought ‘chip fat’. Got to be a mackem on the wind up 

You look at the players we have in this squad and how many would get in any other premier league side?

I think Wilson, ASM, Dubs ( some teams), Willock ( again in a few teams) and Sharr, That is it.

Alongside that we the most out of his depth manager and the rest of the players are championship level at best with Big JOE at about league1/2.

There is talk of 50 m spent in January, if so that does not even scratch the surface, in all honesty 6 or7 players minimum needed and that just secures mid table at best.

The new owners really have to have a full clear out or they will be owning a Championship Club next season.

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

SB: "Well certainly we were beaten by the better team. Problems we've had for a while were there to be seen defensively......

We were not able to defend well enough as a team."

I am enjoying hearing Bruce's final bit of press. If we weren't previously owned by Ashley he would have been sacked some time ago, truthfully he would never have been anywhere near being appointed.

He’s only into his third season as manager here. Surprised he didn’t blame Benitez 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The question I’d like to ask those who say that we don’t have the quality to win matches is how did we manage to go on such a great run at the end of the season if we don’t have the players? The squad we have are better than relegation level. The problem is with the manager.

Willock dug us out for those last 8 games, but at times we've seen a glimpse of some cohesion. Lascelles was and should be better, Longstaff was and should be better. With Wilson, Willock and the Saint, we should have more than enough to get goals, and we saw under Rafa that these defenders were organised at one point. Hayden also used to have a big part in that in midfield. 

Like everything else at the club, its been left to decay over time and the players have just shown that. 

The way they performed today suggests that they know that they have a hand in what happens next with the management. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

50 million spent on about 4 good players in our most desperate positions would genuinely see us alright if a decent manager was at the helm

Absolutely, if a decent manager was at the helm we'd never have been in the bottom three.