The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

The bottom line is that the guy is alive and made it to hospital thanks to the nearby fans, players, the paramedics and the doctors on hand.

By all means argue that you thinking it took too long is more important than that. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The bottom line is that the guy is alive and made it to hospital thanks to the nearby fans, players, the paramedics and the doctors on hand.

By all means argue that you thinking it took too long is more important than that. 

You utter Tit

45 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There was understandable confusion. As soon as the Spurs players came over and explained (big well done to them) the docs were off quickly with the equipment. The man’s life was saved. They don’t deserve any criticism.

I was about to say the same, luckily I spotted your post first to stop making a cnut of myself, again. 

8 minutes ago, Dougle said:

You utter Tit

That fairly uncalled for like. He makes a good point, the outcome was positive we probably shouldn't dwell on it. 

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'm only arguing that people should be taking more notice of what David Ginola was saying when play was suspended.  Haven't heard anyone else mention it.

The players on the park were clearly looking for a similar response to Erikson at the Euros and it (for obvious reasons) wasn't anywhere close. Im not trying to blame any medical staff, just hoped there would be more of a discussion over cardiac arrest and how we can all be more equipped to deal with them. 

They don't just happen to out of shape idle layabouts and the faster the response the more likely that person doesn't die.

Just to be clear on this, what is the intended process meant to be if this happens? Fans nearby call 999?  Someone flags down a steward and they alert medical staff at the ground?

I'm having a hard time imagining that it's meant to be so up in the air that players have to down tools to get a spotlight on it. That's not to say anyone associated with saving the man's life deserves criticism, I don't think they do; I think for me they'd only deserve it if they were being deliberately slow, which I'm having a hard time believing - but the process that governs how the information travels, and what their response procedure is, may well be worthy of criticism.

Either way it's impressive that people are managing to fall out over a man's life being saved - especially since as far as I can tell, everyone commenting is coming at the issue from a place of compassion, either with the individual who was in trouble, the medical staff who saved him, and/or both. Classic TT tbh.

Thanks for the share of that Ginola quote as well, Blastronaut. Should probably take some responsibility for my fellow man and take a basic CPR course myself tbh.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OTF said:

You can immediately tell someone does not watch football/understand football the moment they suggest that Bruce is in anyway a good manager. The absurdity of it is that there's a long string of supporters over a load of clubs that will attest to the truth about the quality of football his sides turn out, and yet, against a tide of facts suggesting otherwise, the voices that are most heard are from those that sprout misinformation.

None of whom would want him to manage coach their team!

4 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Im not meaning to have a pop at anyone like, just slightly frustrated that everything Ginola said in that moment seems to have went unnoticed.

It’s maybe  jyst because most of us are aware of Ginola”s story.

https://theathletic.com/1591448/2020/02/10/the-day-david-ginola-died-i-should-probably-speak-to-a-psychologist-i-think-i-need-it/?source=user_shared_article

Edited by Isegrim

For those of you debating, there was no delay  to treatment and the players stopping the match made no difference as CPR was started immediately by fellow fans and one of my colleagues. A defib was there within 4 minutes of stewards alerting the medical team. 

F8C52D52-822F-4167-A20B-F8DCBB5DEB87.jpeg

• Like 9

Totally agree with Ginola’s comments that everyone should know how to do basic CPR and I think it should be taught in schools as young as Primary school age. The chances of anyone having a cardiac arrest within feet of a defib outside of hospital is minimal. Starting CPR buys you time to get one to the scene. To have one there within minutes is literally life saving. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, catmag said:

For those of you debating, there was no delay  to treatment and the players stopping the match made no difference as CPR was started immediately by fellow fans and one of my colleagues. A defib was there within 4 minutes of stewards alerting the medical team. 

F8C52D52-822F-4167-A20B-F8DCBB5DEB87.jpeg

This looks suspiciously like fact, there's no room for any of that around here! Postulation and speculation only!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OTF said:

This looks suspiciously like fact, there's no room for any of that around here! Postulation and speculation only!

Apologies!  Bloody women spoiling your threads with facts and logic..😊

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

@catmag- so if I go to the next match and have a lie down, are you saying you and your mate will cut my top off and start pumping me? 

What’s the ticket office number? 

You’re forgetting that I know what you look like and even if you legitimately collapsed I’d think you were just being a knob 😁

• Haha 3