The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

17 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

So glad I don't support West Brom. Always thought of them as a horrible ugly club. Horrible coloured kit, shite nickname. Rarely have any players that a non-supporter can enjoy watching - Zoltan Gera, Matheus Perriera aside - constantly full of functional cloggers of footballers. Always employing uninspiring lets not lose and nick a set-piece managers - Pulis, Hodgson, Irvine, Allardyce, Megson, Pardew, Shakespear, Mowbray, Nigel Pearson... now this fat slug. 

Nothing at all redeeming to me about West Bromich Albion.

:lol:

I prefer them to Wolves, to be honest, always thought of them as a decent club and Cyrille Regis was one hell of a player in an iconic strip but apart from that...... :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: His mate already out defending him. Who would have thought a fan base that had to spend two and a half years being tortured by him and his dickhead mates in the media, like Luke here, would comment when the shambolic nob got a new job?

Like do one Edwards, I’m happy to admit I’m bitter enough that I hope Bruce has nothing but a shite time for the rest of his managerial career, not that it needs wished on him as he will take care of that himself. You can’t attack a fan base for clearly seeing a downward trend, then when the inevitable decline in results started just throw your hands up and say well I guess it just went wrong at the end :lol:. This is a bloke that going into his third season very clearly had a squad that he didn’t even train to be match fit for fuck sake, he’s an absolute shambles and doesn’t take his job seriously. 

I know it’s possibly not the case for some on this board but for me Bruce’s tenure was honestly the low point of my time supporting Newcastle, I genuinely felt my love for the game slipping away, I packed in watching any games beside Newcastle and was honestly reaching the point where I was trying to stop bothering with those and for that I will always dislike the bloke. Obviously it wasn’t entirely down to him, it coincided with the hopelessness of being completely stuck with Mike Ashley as owner after the takeover collapse but just everything about Bruce was fucking dreadful. He was an embarrassment to the club, he regularly took any criticism he received as a massive insult and rounded on the fan base or the players, the manner that the press went over the fucking top to defend him and how he played the victim for them every fucking time “eeeee man the abuse I get is unreal, had nothing like it ever” while the stadium was fucking empty and prior fan bases had actually physically assaulted him! The football was absolutely appalling, people can defend him and point to the players but he took iirc the 7th best defense in the PL over from Rafa and the next season we had the 16th ranked defense, the worst part about the football though is there was just absolutely no fucking plan. The football was wank under Pardew, Souness, Allardyce, etc but they had a plan, even Kinnear had some type of plan in attack, I genuinely couldn’t tell you what our plan was under Bruce it was just plain shit. He can fuck off, his wonky nosed prick of a son can fuck off, and this sodding gimp of a journalist can fuck off too. Dancing round as we sign players the fucking melt - same tit that screamed at excited fans that it wasn’t happening and you’re embarrassing yourselves, that you’re wrong and Bruce is a good manager. Fucking welk. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Howay said:
I know it’s possibly not the case for some on this board but for me Bruce’s tenure was honestly the low point of my time supporting Newcastle

Good post (© Essembee), but that sentence reverberated.  You must be young :smile:

Mike Ashley, the owner who does as little and spends as little as possible had to bring in a coach to handle tactics because Bruce and his existing trainers had no idea and the team were in an absolute free fall. That was this season.

I know tactics and strategy are less important in the championship, and it's possible that the players will like him because he's a lazy prick who will basically pick his favourites and then let them do what they like, but even if they somehow manage to snare promotion you absolutely do not want him in the premierleague.

I had a quick squiz at a West Brom forum and quite a few of them seem to think he's a good or reasonable appointment. Good luck to them, if they manage promotion playing them next year will be fun times.

I can only assume the fans who stuck up for Bruce haven’t seen his teams play or have only seen brief highlights of matches. An absolute fraud of a manager who’s been dialling it in for years. I’m astounded he’s got another gig, absolutely amazed, and it’ll end in tears for WBA. Obviously they have a lazy ill advised Board who haven’t done their homework.  I’ve nothing against west brom, I actually feel quite sorry for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xa9as said:

So glad I don't support West Brom. Always thought of them as a horrible ugly club. Horrible coloured kit, shite nickname. Rarely have any players that a non-supporter can enjoy watching - Zoltan Gera, Matheus Perriera aside - constantly full of functional cloggers of footballers. Always employing uninspiring lets not lose and nick a set-piece managers - Pulis, Hodgson, Irvine, Allardyce, Megson, Pardew, Shakespear, Mowbray, Nigel Pearson... now this fat slug. 

Nothing at all redeeming to me about West Bromich Albion.

I wouldn't for a second attempt to deprive you of your dislike for wba, you fill yer boots mate.

me, I tend to base my dislike of a club more on those who support it rather than those who manage/play for it. the former largely has little influence on the latter.

over the years the following clubs could've been managed by a pairing of mahatma ghandi and mother teresa and played sublime, free flowing football with a team full of brilliant, unpretentious, philanthropists and they'd still be far more worthy of your hatred than wba.....

sunderland

middlesboro

leeds

man utd

everton

stoke

leicester

forest

villa 

wolves

birmingham city

tottenham

chelsea

west ham

millwall 

portsmouth

just.my opinion.  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wouldn't for a second attempt to deprive you of your dislike for wba, you fill yer boots mate.

me, I tend to base my dislike of a club more on those who support it rather than those who manage/play for it. the former largely has little influence on the latter.

over the years the following clubs could've been managed by a pairing of mahatma ghandi and mother teresa and played sublime, free flowing football with a team full of brilliant, unpretentious, philanthropists and they'd still be far more worthy of your hatred than wba.....

sunderland

middlesboro

leeds

man utd

everton

stoke

leicester

forest

villa 

wolves

birmingham city

tottenham

chelsea

west ham

millwall 

portsmouth

just.my opinion.  :)

Largely agree but not sure about forest and the 'ammers, they never felt like the bad guys to me so enlighten me!

10 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Always employing uninspiring lets not lose and nick a set-piece managers - Pulis, Hodgson, Irvine, Allardyce, Megson, Pardew, Shakespear, Mowbray, Nigel Pearson... now this fat slug. 

That pretty much reads like a managerial wish list that Mike Ashley came up with in 2007 and rigidly stuck to through his reign.

7 hours ago, Howay said:

If his tenure at WBA goes as bad as I suspect it will, this tweet will come back to haunt Edwards. 

He may be nothing to do with our club any more, but the sense of disdain generated by 2 years of utter mismanagement of players is going to take a little more than 3 months to subside. 

I feel for WBA fans. Traditional, old-valued club with decent supporters. They've been shafted with Pardew, Allardyce and now Bruce. Poor fuckers.

• Like 2

I think the Hawthorns is the highest professional ground above sea level in England. Tow Law is the highest iirc. So you can add that to Cyrille Regis ;)

Edwards is fucking weird like. He’s still trying to wind up the fans here. Does he seriously not realise how good his career could be following us over the coming years? As we’ve recently seen with that daft twat who lost his job, Twitter is full of snitches. It can’t do his long term chances of keeping his job any good of the Telegraph gets lots of complaints about him / he keeps getting into arguments with the fan base. He can’t help himself though. 

• Like 2

One thing constantly omitted from the Steve Bruce dialectic is that the “abuse” he received at Newcastle United was largely fictitious. 

It was a narrative born out of a coordinated campaign by media figures who share an agent with the gammon headed doylem.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

One thing constantly omitted from the Steve Bruce dialectic is this that the “abuse” he received at Newcastle United was largely fictitious. 

It was a narrative born out of a coordinated campaign by media figures who share an agent with the gammon headed doylem.

Yeah. Especially as he reckons he’s not on social media. Which is believable. Plus getting off lightly due to loads of his games in charge being played without crowds present. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah. Especially as he reckons he’s not on social media. Which is believable. Plus getting off lightly due to loads of his games in charge being played without crowds present. 

Even the manner in which the stories were presented were somewhat theatrical. It was a total joke :lol: 

There are a lot of clubs he’d have been absolutely bollocked by the media for underperforming at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Largely agree but not sure about forest and the 'ammers, they never felt like the bad guys to me so enlighten me!

went to upton park a few years after the petrol bomb incident and still haven't got over the terror of it. the fact their supporters were probably justifiably aggrieved is neither here nor there.

never forgiven nottingham folk for working during the miners strike or the way they celebrated woan's goal in '96. 

grudges are healthy!   :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

went to upton park a few years after the petrol bomb incident and still haven't got over the terror of it. the fact their supporters were probably justifiably aggrieved is neither here nor there.

never forgiven nottingham folk for working during the miners strike or the way they celebrated woan's goal in '96. 

I was at Forest that night when Woan scored and the result effectively ended our chances of winning the league. Tbf he didn’t really celebrate it but I concur re: their fans. 

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I remember the 'I'm only a poor little hammer' song from my childhood but not the reality of what happened. Re: forest you're probably right. They've been irrelevant for so long though they're not really on my list. 

9 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: His mate already out defending him. Who would have thought a fan base that had to spend two and a half years being tortured by him and his dickhead mates in the media, like Luke here, would comment when the shambolic nob got a new job?

Like do one Edwards, I’m happy to admit I’m bitter enough that I hope Bruce has nothing but a shite time for the rest of his managerial career, not that it needs wished on him as he will take care of that himself. You can’t attack a fan base for clearly seeing a downward trend, then when the inevitable decline in results started just throw your hands up and say well I guess it just went wrong at the end :lol:. This is a bloke that going into his third season very clearly had a squad that he didn’t even train to be match fit for fuck sake, he’s an absolute shambles and doesn’t take his job seriously. 

I know it’s possibly not the case for some on this board but for me Bruce’s tenure was honestly the low point of my time supporting Newcastle, I genuinely felt my love for the game slipping away, I packed in watching any games beside Newcastle and was honestly reaching the point where I was trying to stop bothering with those and for that I will always dislike the bloke. Obviously it wasn’t entirely down to him, it coincided with the hopelessness of being completely stuck with Mike Ashley as owner after the takeover collapse but just everything about Bruce was fucking dreadful. He was an embarrassment to the club, he regularly took any criticism he received as a massive insult and rounded on the fan base or the players, the manner that the press went over the fucking top to defend him and how he played the victim for them every fucking time “eeeee man the abuse I get is unreal, had nothing like it ever” while the stadium was fucking empty and prior fan bases had actually physically assaulted him! The football was absolutely appalling, people can defend him and point to the players but he took iirc the 7th best defense in the PL over from Rafa and the next season we had the 16th ranked defense, the worst part about the football though is there was just absolutely no fucking plan. The football was wank under Pardew, Souness, Allardyce, etc but they had a plan, even Kinnear had some type of plan in attack, I genuinely couldn’t tell you what our plan was under Bruce it was just plain shit. He can fuck off, his wonky nosed prick of a son can fuck off, and this sodding gimp of a journalist can fuck off too. Dancing round as we sign players the fucking melt - same tit that screamed at excited fans that it wasn’t happening and you’re embarrassing yourselves, that you’re wrong and Bruce is a good manager. Fucking welk. 

The irony of Luke Edwards being shocked at football fans holding a grudge is hilarious.

Steve Bruce's best quality is surely his ability to get a few people on his side. He must be likeable in person, because in the media spotlight he's prickly, inarticulate and bland. At least Steve McClaren had an avuncular charm. He was shit, but I never hated him. 

He's claimed that the abuse is nothing he ever experienced before, at every club when the limitations of his ability are laid bare. He said the mackems hated him because he was a Geordie, that Villa fans hated him because he managed Birmingham, we hated him because he managed Sunderland. When, in truth, we all disliked him because of his personality and, more importantly, his football. 

• Like 5