The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

Aye, I was reading that thread this morning. At least there's an admission from a couple of them that they thought he was harshly treated here but can now see why we felt the way we did.

• Like 3

"I give respect. When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you.

"Your paper (the Chronicle) was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year."

R.E.S.P.E.CT. find out what it means to Steve.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I was reading that thread this morning. At least there's an admission from a couple of them that they thought he was harshly treated here but can now see why we felt the way we did.

:lol:

I thought the Toon were being a little harsh on a decent man. I was wrong turns out they were pulling their punches. 

• Haha 8

52 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

They are in cloud cuckoo land if they think he’ll walk. That man does not quit a well paid job for anyone.

Aye, he only walks when he gets a better offer. You suspect that won’t be happening any time soon 

• Like 1

"Yeah, not getting dragged into this endless NUFC twitter Steve Bruce thing but, WHAT'S THIS?! Bruce has them in midtable just like he had Newcastle in midtable EXACTLY THE SAME AS MIGHTY RAFA so I don't know what else to add to this debate which is now getting a bit boring. Move on Newcastle fans. Another beer? Don't mind if I do. How'd Newcastle get on? I don't know, I haven't covered them for a few weeks now. Boosh!"

20220301_115254__01.jpg

• Haha 11

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol: I hope they get to enjoy him for a while longer then. They don’t get off the hook after 6 games or whatever it is, being on the side of “he’s treat harshly” after we had him for 2.5 YEARS! Hope he’s there for ages, Brummy cunts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Yeah, not getting dragged into this endless NUFC twitter Steve Bruce thing but, WHAT'S THIS?! Bruce has them in midtable just like he had Newcastle in midtable EXACTLY THE SAME AS MIGHTY RAFA so I don't know what else to add to this debate which is now getting a bit boring. Move on Newcastle fans. Another beer? Don't mind if I do. How'd Newcastle get on? I don't know, I haven't covered them for a few weeks now. Boosh!"

20220301_115254__01.jpg

That photo, btw. :lol: It only really makes sense if he’s in the pub on his own and put a timer on his phone to take it. The weird angle / pose, the almost empty table, his not looking at the camera like he was caught slightly off guard etc. What a weirdo. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

That photo, btw. :lol: It only really makes sense if he’s in the pub on his own and put a timer on his phone to take it. The weird angle / pose, the almost empty table, his not looking at the camera like he was caught slightly off guard etc. What a weirdo. 

I said exactly that when he posted it- he’s on a solo pub-crawl. 

Fucking Billy No Mates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

I said exactly that when he posted it- he’s on a solo pub-crawl. 

Fucking Billy No Mates. 

I get that we were away so he wouldn’t necessarily have a match to cover and write about. But a professional journalist who covers us actively avoiding our match v West Ham (even though it was being televised and it was an early KO)? Pubs also being well known for never showing whatever match is on Sky :lol: Honestly think he concocted the story of the pub crawl just so he could avoid saying anything positive about the club post-Bruce / had his Twitter reply of ‘I didn’t see it’ already lined up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

20220301_115254__01.jpg

There's something not right with him to the point it's unsettling. When he did that dancing video I half-expected him to raise his arms at ten-to-two with his tadger tucked between his legs.

• Haha 5

I'm sure all his numerous friends that totally went for a pint with him think he's great.

That photo :lol:  He's clearly launched himself from the phone lent against a bar stool, across the room, and he's dove into the chair just as the timer's gone off, somehow getting off the last millisecond finger guns.

I wonder how many attempts it took him while the rest of the pub wondered what the fuck the chunky loner was playing at.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

There's something not right with him to the point it's unsettling. When he did that dancing video I half-expected him to raise his arms at ten-to-two with his tadger tucked between his legs.

671ny2.jpg

• Haha 7