The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Darren Ambrose ruining the TalkSport business model by telling the truth. 

Got about a minute and a half in before I could be bothered anymore but Matterfaces "Why are you taking pleasure in that?" :lol:

Because its fucking hilarious, Its march and the bloke hasnt managed a win since last May? Hes a joke of a manager and his record is pathetic, its absurd that he's got another club after us in the first place and it is genuinely funny that he has been just as shite there, a division down at a club with genuine promotion credentials as he was with us.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Got about a minute and a half in before I could be bothered anymore but Matterfaces "Why are you taking pleasure in that?" :lol:

Because its fucking hilarious, Its march and the bloke hasnt managed a win since last May? Hes a joke of a manager and his record is pathetic, its absurd that he's got another club after us in the first place and it is genuinely funny that he has been just as shite there, a division down at a club with genuine promotion credentials as he was with us.

Spot on. They question why any Newcastle fan would take pleasure in Bruce further proving how shit he is and then go on to say “Newcastle fans treat him harshly” “he had a similar record to Benitez who is lauded as some type of God up there” (after Ambrose literally just explained the outside factors for his 13th place finish, and again what’s with their weird hatred of Benitez in their defence of Bruce? Rafa is well liked but he won’t go down as some club legend by any means), before then blaming West Brom fans by saying “the decline had already started before he got there” and “West Brom fans are always quick to turn on their manager”, those quotes are your fucking answer lads it’s years of frustration from being talked about like we’re a bunch of fucking maniacs who cannot see what is an absolutely fantastic manager for some bizarre reason. It’s fucking vindication, but still in the face of a fucking 0% win record in nearly an ENTIRE calendar year they make excuse after excuse. It honestly must feel like this if you were a character in Inception :lol: the feeling that you’ve completely lost the fucking plot as you’re stood going “I mean he’s very clearly absolutely terrible right?” And everyone in the media goes “you’re a nasty piece of work he’s an excellent manager, doing an amazing job, and is an absolutely amazing human being”.  

I also cannot accept the “he’s a nice guy” angle, there’s no evidence I can see at all to support that. Yes he has mates in the game and he is probably nice to them, but this is a man who was needlessly abusive to reporters going so far as to essentially try and have Hope lose his job, was disrespectful and insulting towards Howe for no reason whatsoever, and is known to be a slum landlord. Sorry like the bloke is a fucking cunt. 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Spot on. They question why any Newcastle fan would take pleasure in Bruce further proving how shit he is and then go on to say “Newcastle fans treat him harshly” “he had a similar record to Benitez who is lauded as some type of God up there” (after Ambrose literally just explained the outside factors for his 13th place finish, and again what’s with their weird hatred of Benitez in their defence of Bruce? Rafa is well liked but he won’t go down as some club legend by any means), before then blaming West Brom fans by saying “the decline had already started before he got there” and “West Brom fans are always quick to turn on their manager”, those quotes are your fucking answer lads it’s years of frustration from being talked about like we’re a bunch of fucking maniacs who cannot see what is an absolutely fantastic manager for some bizarre reason. It’s fucking vindication, but still in the face of a fucking 0% win record in nearly an ENTIRE calendar year they make excuse after excuse. It honestly must feel like this if you were a character in Inception :lol: the feeling that you’ve completely lost the fucking plot as you’re stood going “I mean he’s very clearly absolutely terrible right?” And everyone in the media goes “you’re a nasty piece of work he’s an excellent manager, doing an amazing job, and is an absolutely amazing human being”.  

I also cannot accept the “he’s a nice guy” angle, there’s no evidence I can see at all to support that. Yes he has mates in the game and he is probably nice to them, but this is a man who was needlessly abusive to reporters going so far as to essentially try and have Hope lose his job, was disrespectful and insulting towards Howe for no reason whatsoever, and is known to be a slum landlord. Sorry like the bloke is a fucking cunt. 

The fundamental difference between the two for me was that Benitez, a Madrid-born Spaniard totally got the passion of the NUFC fans; Bruce, a Corbridge-born Geordie didn't. 

I don't understand why these highly-paid, so called football experts don't get that. You win the fans over at NUFC and you're laughing. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

The fundamental difference between the two for me was that Benitez, a Madrid-born Spaniard totally got the passion of the NUFC fans; Bruce, a Corbridge-born Geordie didn't. 

I don't understand why these highly-paid, so called football experts don't get that. You win the fans over at NUFC and you're laughing. 

It's ridiculous how poorly informed many of the most prominent pundits are. Of course they get away with it more with clubs that are outside the inner circle, which means that very quickly they'll be changing their tune regarding us. Bruce and his football were intolerable.

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

It's ridiculous how poorly informed many of the most prominent pundits are. Of course they get away with it more with clubs that are outside the inner circle, which means that very quickly they'll be changing their tune regarding us. Bruce and his football were intolerable.

I think they form a lot of their opinions from talking to each other, rather than going and watching matches. It doesn’t help that a lot of them are thick as fuck and can’t think for themselves.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, OTF said:

The reason Ambrose gets it on that TalkShite clip is he played for the club. He knows what it is to have the passion of our supporters behind him.

Agbonlahor and Merson only have Aston Villa as a comparison which is nowhere near. (Let's not even consider suggesting the Smoggies of the Highbury Library for old pisshead!). 

• Like 2

On 03/03/2022 at 17:20, Howay said:

Sorry like the bloke is a fucking cunt. 

Sorry, what were saying? 

Alex Stephen Bruce, your father is a top notch cunt. An embodiment of a winner in a perfect nonentity soul! Minus the winning.

On 04/03/2022 at 01:20, Howay said:

Disagree. He’s a MASSIVE fucking cunt 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

Looks like he managed to breathe some stuff into them.

They had less of a problem with the ball 

• Haha 4

West Brom have just conceded an horrificly hilarious goal where a Huddersfield player charged down the keeper and scored off his arse. 

The Cabbage is not happy or appreciated. 

• Haha 5