The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

Oh the nostalgia of this comment from a WBA fan:

"Last night the approach seemed to be - keep it tight for 70 mins and try to snatch a winner by putting on a couple of subs. Forest's well organised, young , energetic and well coached side must've thought it was their lucky day. "

• Haha 5

After reading that thread on their forum, I came up with two conclusions.  There is a low level of literacy amongst their fanbase and there are still a lot of them who can't see what a complete fraud Bruce is.  In the same vein as Edwards, there is still a fair few of them saying the players just aren't good enough and there's nothing Bruce can do with them.  I don't imagine I've watched a West Brom game since we last played them but I'm willing to bet that given they were second earlier in the season and certainly had a very realistic chance of a playoff place when Mrs Doubtfire was appointed, they have players who, properly coached and motivated, could achieve more than the point a game he's managed with them so far.

• Like 5

I just don’t get how anyone can defend him in any way. Legitimately every fan base of every club he’s been at have exactly the same complaints about how their team plays, their lack of fitness, massive downturn in form etc yet there’s this need to blame the players first by some fan bases. I know our fan base also put some blame on the players but Bruce was always the clear main issue. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

Has he been there long enough to start blaming the fans yet, though? 

Just wait until Little Alex gets punchy on Twitter, defending Daddy against the imaginary threats and insults. 

The Brucey Playbook

1- Get job

2- Eat crisps

3- Blame previous manager

4- Nice bit cake

5- Blame players

6- Pie? Don’t mind if I do!

7- Blame fans

8- Sit back and wait for compo

The only tactics he’s ever used

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

After reading that thread on their forum, I came up with two conclusions.  There is a low level of literacy amongst their fanbase and there are still a lot of them who can't see what a complete fraud Bruce is.  In the same vein as Edwards, there is still a fair few of them saying the players just aren't good enough and there's nothing Bruce can do with them.  I don't imagine I've watched a West Brom game since we last played them but I'm willing to bet that given they were second earlier in the season and certainly had a very realistic chance of a playoff place when Mrs Doubtfire was appointed, they have players who, properly coached and motivated, could achieve more than the point a game he's managed with them so far.

Although they’d been on a poor run of form I think they were 6th when he took over 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Although they’d been on a poor run of form I think they were 6th when he took over 

They thought they were on a poor run at least, Bruce has opened their eyes to what is possible given absolute focus on doing fuck all. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Has he been there long enough to start blaming the fans yet, though? 

Just wait until Little Alex gets punchy on Twitter, defending Daddy against the imaginary threats and insults. 

The Brucey Playbook

1- Get job

2- Eat crisps

3- Blame previous manager

4- Nice bit cake

5- Blame players

6- Pie? Don’t mind if I do!

7- Blame fans

8- Sit back and wait for compo

The only tactics he’s ever used

This is shockingly accurate tbf. 

• Haha 3

On 18/04/2022 at 20:45, wykikitoon said:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=26689.1325#msg852453

Some of the comments :lol: 

We tried to tell them! 

Cheers again for sharing this, I've got a wry smile out of it every day since..

But this is a belter today:

"We are up sh*t creek without a paddle and there is a hole in the canoe and non of us can swim and we haven't got life jackets and the water is full of crocodiles."

• Haha 5

Any club, including us, that hires him deserves what they get. And he absolutely deserves being exposed in the way he has been at many clubs now, as a completely hopeless lazy incompetent 'manager'. That he drags his useless son everywhere with him tells you everything you need to know about how the guy will run the place. 

We're bloody fortunate to have moved onto infinitely better things but just reading his name is still a bit of a trigger :lol: 

Are decent coaches really that hard to find? I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to land another championship job. Perhaps another couple of those before he moves onto league one. Am inglorious reunion with a certain club perhaps.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

Barnes had, of course, swam the Amazon. Upstream. Greggs had offered sponsorship but he didn’t want it. That would be cheating.  He’d done it alone, totally unsupported; The Barnes Way. All he had was a Zippo lighter, some fishing line and a Swiss Army knife, gifted to him by his first chairman after another successful relegation fight. 

Steve tied the line off to his Speedos and along its length he’d thread tempting pieces of his calloused feet. Irresistible to piranhas, each night he’d feast on them after his 45 mile swim.  

Edited by trophyshy
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Any club, including us, that hires him deserves what they get. And he absolutely deserves being exposed in the way he has been at many clubs now, as a completely hopeless lazy incompetent 'manager'. That he drags his useless son everywhere with him tells you everything you need to know about how the guy will run the place. 

We're bloody fortunate to have moved onto infinitely better things but just reading his name is still a bit of a trigger :lol: 

Are decent coaches really that hard to find? I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to land another championship job. Perhaps another couple of those before he moves onto league one. Am inglorious reunion with a certain club perhaps.  

It's the same as Fat Sam.  Apparently he's criticised Everton of their merry go round manager game.

That CUNT has made a living off the way they operate.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

I honestly think it’s laziness and risk aversion on the part of owners, you see managers like Graham Potter, Chris Wilder, and Eddie Howe from lower leagues (or unfashionable clubs in the case of Potter) come into jobs and do far better in terms of play style, and results, than the turgid old boys club of Bruce, Allardyce, Hodgson, Hughes, Pardew, etc, yet it’s rare an owner takes a ‘gamble’ so just goes with what people (pundits) see as a safe pair of hands. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I honestly think it’s laziness and risk aversion on the part of owners, you see managers like Graham Potter, Chris Wilder, and Eddie Howe from lower leagues (or unfashionable clubs in the case of Potter) come into jobs and do far better in terms of play style, and results, than the turgid old boys club of Bruce, Allardyce, Hodgson, Hughes, Pardew, etc, yet it’s rare an owner takes a ‘gamble’ so just goes with what people (pundits) see as a safe pair of hands. 

Aye that has to be it, but it's still strange to see owners not carrying out proper due diligence with what the cost of failure in the Premier league is now. 

Hodgson is another good shout. Got in at Liverpool ffs :lol: 

• Like 1