The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

:lol: He knows he's fucked already and is putting it on the players as he's probably twigged they don't rate him so he's getting nowt from them. He's finished, was finished a decade ago but now he's finished with a cherry on the top. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

I bet he's still arranging 'afternoon' training sessions as well. It's utterly depressing how we can say with some conviction that he would be shitter at our job than we would be at his.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Hodgson is another good shout. Got in at Liverpool ffs :lol: 

To be fair, Hodgson did have a reasonable overseas career, something which Cabbage (and none of the others mentioned) could or would have had.  However, that was many, many, many years ago and he is well passed his sell by date.

• Like 1

It’s usually a three season thing with him- next season is just stagnation, depression and hatred, then the one after is when the sleeves are rolled up and League One comes calling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It'd be interesting for one of these reporters to comment on the job Eddie has done at NUFC, he'd be fucking frothing at the mouth, and claim he wasn't given the same opportunities that Howe has.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s usually a three season thing with him- next season is just stagnation, depression and hatred, then the one after is when the sleeves are rolled up and his payout comes calling. 

FYP

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s usually a three season thing with him- next season is just stagnation, depression and hatred, then the one after is when the sleeves are rolled up and League One comes calling. 

That's a bit of a pessimistic view tbh. He's advanced since leaving us and he's hit the stagnation, depression and hatred ahead of schedule in his first season.

• Haha 4

:lol: Aye he wanted to manage the rarely done, yet still possible, double destroy and exit in a season.

Seems like the WBA owners have thwarted his plans and his summer holiday to Benidorm will be cut to only the end of pre-season. Pulled out all the stops with this one too, brought in his son Alex whose only talent is that his GCSE results spell out FUDGE. 

• Haha 6

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce interview on Andy Robertson

Signed from Dundee United for £2.8m after a stand-out first campaign at Tannadice in which he was named Scottish Young Player-of-the-Season, Robertson was, pardon the pun, up and running. Although he still clearly had to get up to speed in the dressing-room, as his boss revealed. He said: “We organised a club outing to the races - and Jake Livermore set him up - good and proper. Jake had told him to get a load of beers in. Andy duly obliged.

He was only 20 years old and was staggering under the weight of two huge Tesco carrier bags when he tried to get on the coach with them. Two bags - rammed full of Carlsberg. He clambered aboard and I’ve stopped him and said: ‘Where do you think you’re going with them?’ He just looked at me and said: ‘What’s the matter?’ I said: ‘You’re supposed to be elite athletes - get that ****ing beer off this ****ing coach.’ He was absolutely terrified. Petrified. I think he thought I was going to sack him - or smack him. The lads were absolutely howling with laughter at the back. Did I let them have the beer? What do you think? But he learned a lesson. Next time, he asked.”

The last line ffs :lol: 

• Haha 2

Steve Bruce: 
"Eddie’s had a lot more money to spend than I ever did, but he’s brought in some good players and improved the team. 
I’m very happy to acknowledge that, because Newcastle deserve the success.
“I worked there when everyone was talking about a potential takeover. 
The club needed new owners to come in to re-energise it, and I always knew that, if it came during my watch, I probably wouldn’t be hanging around for too long.
“I just hope that, a few years down the line, some of those supporters who never wanted me will look back at my time in charge and say ‘under the circumstances, Brucey didn’t do too bad a job after all’.”

Steve Bruce reacts to Eddie Howe's Newcastle United turnaround | Shields Gazette

Fuck off you cabbage-faced cunt. :smile:

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4