The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

With Bruce you know, you just KNOW…. I knew he would be a disaster for us from Day 1. In retrospect I could believe that Ashley did it on purpose, the appointment and the ridiculous severance package were like his last laugh after 15 years of spite and ineptitude.

Bruce has been a fuck up most places he’s been and its no coincidence he’s widely hated by fans of his former clubs. He’s a toxic mixture of arrogance, incompetence, laziness and irresponsibility; he hides behind his status as a player and his mates in the media, but he’s a terrible manager and by all accounts a shithouse of a human being. Anybody who thinks he’s going to do a good job for their football club isn’t paying attention.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kitman said:

With Bruce you know, you just KNOW…. I knew he would be a disaster for us from Day 1. In retrospect I could believe that Ashley did it on purpose, the appointment and the ridiculous severance package were like his last laugh after 15 years of spite and ineptitude.

Bruce has been a fuck up most places he’s been and its no coincidence he’s widely hated by fans of his former clubs. He’s a toxic mixture of arrogance, incompetence, laziness and irresponsibility; he hides behind his status as a player and his mates in the media, but he’s a terrible manager and by all accounts a shithouse of a human being. Anybody who thinks he’s going to do a good job for their football club isn’t paying attention.

in short, he's a fat, useless cunt.

• Like 1

Read something on the Atheltic about their latest loss and was looking for some paragraph that sums it all up, but I'd have to copy and paste the entire article, such is the breadth of criticisms.

He is laying the groundwork for blaming the fans, mind you; 

For the first time, Albion fans responded by directing “you’re getting sacked in the morning” to the manager.

“I can understand their frustration,” said Bruce. “It’s been there since I walked through the door. They’ve been great towards me, don’t get me wrong, but there’s frustration — you can feel it. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Read something on the Atheltic about their latest loss and was looking for some paragraph that sums it all up, but I'd have to copy and paste the entire article, such is the breadth of criticisms.

In other words, just pay me off, please

19 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

In other words, just pay me off, please

Exactly. 

The criticism of his ability hasn't changed in over a decade; no identifiable style, mish mash of ideas, poor defensive organisation, poor attacking movement, no balance between the two and no control of midfield. 

When he gets a job at Derby and takes them from 8th in League 1 to 18th, it'll be the same complaints; fans were against him from the start, injuries, not enough money spent, not enough time to get his ideas across.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

While pragmatism has a place in football, evidenced by the 1-1 draw away to Norwich City on September 17 in which they were unlucky not to win, Bruce’s side had no identifiable playing style on Saturday.

Sounds familiar.

• Like 1

Click into the thread to hear him work through the greatest hits. 

They were vying for the playoffs when he joined, now he's confident they can finish "better than 10th". Managed decline of another club. He's such a piece of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They started sending him socks. 

First there was just one or two which he laughed off, but as the days turned to weeks they started mounting up.  

Initially Barnes tossed them in the back of the motor, a hire car as he'd totalled the Lexus whilst struggling with a ridiculously well-wrapped Nandos. It was a Mondeo "the best we can offer Mr Barnes", a top-of-the-range Vignale, but it felt like moving from silk sheets to polyester. Every time he clunked the door closed he winced.  

The socks now filled his back seats, the parcel shelf, half the boot and were competing with the junk-food ephemera for dominance in the front.  He'd put out an appeal on twitter and "that ticktock" which had only made things worse. There were hundreds now, maybe thousands. At his office, arriving at home, tossed at him from the stands. It was like that old Star Trek episode, The Trouble with Tribbles.

Still, he could turn this around, Alex will sell them on ebay - we will make this work, he resolved as he opened the Uber Eats app for the fifth time this morning.

• Haha 13