The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure which comment is more clueless.

The second one was cut off.

....reliable and experienced in the field of coming into clubs, making them and their players worse, departing with a hat full of excuses and leaving a redolent stench.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure which comment is more clueless.

Aye, two totally unrealistic options v one that should never be considered 

apparently though the fat lad rejected the opportunity to become wigan manager again after the sacking of kolo toure according to this...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-athletic-rejected-by-62-year-old-before-appointing-shaun-maloney-and-key-reason-why-emerges/

amongst several other probably dubious sources, suggesting he wants to return to a higher level club if he goes back in to management.

perhaps leeds fans should be concerned? there's no doubting the deluded fat cunt would think he was the man for the job, equally there's no doubting the stupidity of football club owners when it comes to employing the useless twat!

be afraid elland road.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

apparently though the fat lad rejected the opportunity to become wigan manager again after the sacking of kolo toure according to this...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-athletic-rejected-by-62-year-old-before-appointing-shaun-maloney-and-key-reason-why-emerges/

amongst several other probably dubious sources, suggesting he wants to return to a higher level club if he goes back in to management.

perhaps leeds fans should be concerned? there's no doubting the deluded fat cunt would think he was the man for the job, equally there's no doubting the stupidity of football club owners when it comes to employing the useless twat!

be afraid elland road.

I expect that the pay off from Wigan wasn’t enough for him. I doubt he intends to see out full season wherever he goes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I expect that the pay off from Wigan wasn’t enough for him.

How can he be expected to pay the cost of ensuring his rental properties are up to the minimum habitable standard ( they’re not), if these greedy clubs won’t pay him what he’s owed for fucking them up? 
Poor bloke, I feel for him. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How can he be expected to pay the cost of ensuring his rental properties are up to the minimum habitable standard ( they’re not), if these greedy clubs won’t pay him what he’s owed for fucking them up? 
Poor bloke, I feel for him. 

:lol: you don’t get his sort of talent for buttons you know

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...

Not a particularly exciting interview with Longstaff in The Athletic today but he says what we all knew life was like under Bruce.

“I feel like me again,” Longstaff says and he is smiling, laughing and, like the rest of Tyneside, he is released from the numbing purgatory of nothing. There is no time to waste.

“I’ve missed out on a couple of years of learning, so I’m playing catch-up,” he says and this is why he runs.

“It’s weird, looking back,” Longstaff says. “Before the new manager came to Newcastle, I wasn’t enjoying football. I wasn’t enjoying coming in every day and not really playing. In my opinion, I didn’t feel like I was getting massively coached into becoming the best version of me.

“Sometimes you have to do what’s best for yourself and Rafa gave me my chance at Newcastle and I’d played well for him, so it was natural to have a little look at that. Earlier in the season, I was ready to go. I knew Everton weren’t in the best of form and with Rafa being ex-Liverpool, it was tricky for him, but in my head, I’d probably got to the point of, ‘Right, that’s it, that’s my decision’. Sometimes you need a fresh start to go find yourself.

“When Steve Bruce came in as manager, I’d come back from injury and didn’t really feel like I was ready but sort of felt like I had to play,” Longstaff says. “And when you’re in that mindset and in that position, you’re never going to be able to play well and, over time, I just sort of …”

That January, when Everton came knocking, Howe showered Longstaff with love. “I needed it massively,” he says. “In my opinion, it was something that had been lacking in the two years prior. It’s like anything: as much as you’re a professional and an adult, if someone shows you a bit of love and affection and tells you how great you are, it’s nice to hear. I hadn’t heard it for a long time.

“I spoke to the new manager more that month than I’d spoken to the old one in two years, which is probably not a good sign. He told me what his plans were, how he saw me in the team. He said, ‘We’ll get you a new contract sorted’ — the club had just let me run into the last year of my deal. I thought to myself, ‘I don’t really think I believe you’, but it came true.

“My mentality shifted from being ready to go to, ‘You’ve got six months to save your Newcastle career’. I remember going home and saying, ‘I want to stay’ and that’s when I had to show him I really wanted to be part of it. I’ll forever be grateful. But the second I met him and his staff, knowing straight away he would help me get better as a player and person, I was ready to run through brick walls for him.”

• Like 14

Not that it needs saying but a reminder of what a fucking lazy, incompetent, fraud Bruce is. Absolutely zero interest or desire to improve or look after his players. 

• Like 9

Aye. A proper fucking waste of space.

I watched a clip of him calling out Craig Hope this morning at an old press conference. It was when Hope had said the players were getting too many days off and the fat cunt called him "the so-called journalist who wrote this. He's got what he wants anyway, he's been all over the telly this morning getting the attention he craves." :lol:

I hate the Mail but I'll always have time for Hope for not letting that fucking fraud get away with it.

• Like 6

I think everyone raised a few eyebrows when Longstaff got that new deal but fair fucks to him for showing his talent and fair fucks to Howe and the lads for seeing it in him. Just goes to show that the wrong manager can completely destroy someone’s career in no time at all

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just goes to show that the wrong manager can completely destroy someone’s career in no time at all

Almost makes you feel sorry for Alex Bruce.…

… almost. 

On 26/04/2023 at 19:37, Monkeys Fist said:

Almost makes you feel sorry for Alex Bruce.…

… almost. 

Tbf that’s one player’s career he improved 

• Haha 5

On 26/04/2023 at 05:13, Alex said:

Not that it needs saying but a reminder of what a fucking lazy, incompetent, fraud Bruce is. Absolutely zero interest or desire to improve or look after his players. 

Aye, he’s a complete fucking disgrace tbh. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...