The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bellamy is clearly an absolute knob of a bloke but so what? He was a brilliant player for us. Souness dismantled a class team that Robson built, whatever you think about the personalities, and turned it to shite. 

The point I'm getting at is I'm of the opinion they're partly responsible for why Shepherd got rid of Robson and almost certainly the reason he went for Souness as a replacement. Perhaps if they hadn't been such 'arrogant arseholes', we'd have stuck with Bobby?

Who knows, it's all water under the bridge a long long time ago but whilst they might have helped us with the top 4 finishes and champions league campaign, I hold them equally responsible for helping to undo all that.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The thing about Craig is that he's quite happy to just walk away from a disagreement...

Different disagreement :smile:

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

The point I'm getting at is I'm of the opinion they're partly responsible for why Shepherd got rid of Robson and almost certainly the reason he went for Souness as a replacement. Perhaps if they hadn't been such 'arrogant arseholes', we'd have stuck with Bobby?

Who knows, it's all water under the bridge a long long time ago but whilst they might have helped us with the top 4 finishes and champions league campaign, I hold them equally responsible for helping to undo all that.

yeah, I dunno about that. I blamed shepherd and Souness at the time. Several painful “discussions” with LM followed  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

The thing about Craig is that he's quite happy to just walk away from a disagreement...

Iron Ironing GIF by 60 Second Docs

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That’s not a similar debate, in fact that’s a completely different debate. Who he played has no correlation with how long he played for them.

aye, ok.

if he played longer for us than any other club then good, it was a pleasure to watch the radge little fucker. always maintain that if he hadn't of been injured at the mackems place in febuary of the 01/02 season we could've won the title. 

Edited by thebrokendoll

55 minutes ago, Tom said:

Did Steve Wraith choreograph that fight scene? :lol: 

canny movie mean streets. I'll concede the fight scene is no clarence and drexl.

and just to maintain the integrity of the thread... steve bruce is a thunder cint!  :)

That’s a man who isn’t afraid of smashing through a walkers multipack and a loaf of white bread before asking his wife for a chippy tea.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s a man who isn’t afraid of smashing through a walkers multipack and a loaf of white bread before asking his wife for a chippy tea, all whilst sitting on the thunderbox

• Haha 3

:lol: The tan on him man, clearly wasn’t a quick weekend trip neither. Either that or it was a regular thing. That’s the thing that cracks me up about Bruce, he literally does do all these things people say he does and then gets all wound up when people mention it as if he’s really an Eddie Howe type that works 6am to 10pm. If you don’t want people highlighting you’re a slacking cunt just don’t be one, or ignore people saying it. 

How does he not see merit in people being annoyed when he’s taking holidays mid season as the team looks fucking awful and is plummeting into the bottom 3? :lol: People bring up last season to defend him as if we weren’t heading for relegation until Joe Willock scored a goal a game for like 7 games in a row to pull us out of it. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3