The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Sonatine said:

He's supposedly worth around £40 million, and I bet most of that came from his various payoffs over the years.

Nice gig if you can get it......

That and his side gig as a slum landlord, aye. 

• Like 5

Sure he said he was going to retire after us, maybe the pain of opening another offshore account for his payoff from WBA will tip him over the edge. 
Poor bloke, I’d say he must be beside himself , but in his case he actually is, the fucking wobble. 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Surely no other club will touch him now.  End of the road for Stevie.

Having said that the press will probably but him up for the England job after the World Cup

No championship will go for him, surely after that? He'll not go any further down because they wouldn't pay him enough if they wanted him in the first place. At least he had the press narrative of he's done a good job/ungrateful Geordies/PL club stability to bluff a foolish chairman but he hasn't got that now. Young Alex will have to make his own way now so him and dad will be buttering up all and sundry on behalf of junior to get on the ladder.

• Like 1

“ Well Alex, now that I’ve retired, I’ll have a bit more time on my trotters, I think I’ll open a Twitter and chat with my fans ?”

” Err, I wouldn’t bother Dad, …

*sweats*

… there’s no Twitter in Portugal!!!” 

“ You’re a good lad Alex, pass that kebab over please “

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ Well Alex, now that I’ve retired, I’ll have a bit more time on my trotters, I think I’ll open a Twitter and chat with my fans ?”

” Err, I wouldn’t bother Dad, …

*sweats*

… there’s no Twitter in Portugal!!!” 

“ You’re a good lad Alex, pass that platter of kebabs over please “

Slightly FYP

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

No championship will go for him, surely after that? He'll not go any further down because they wouldn't pay him enough if they wanted him in the first place. At least he had the press narrative of he's done a good job/ungrateful Geordies/PL club stability to bluff a foolish chairman but he hasn't got that now. Young Alex will have to make his own way now so him and dad will be buttering up all and sundry on behalf of junior to get on the ladder.

This is exactly right.  His ego won't allow him to go any further down the league even if any club had the money to throw away or the desire to employ a dinosaur like him (lower league clubs are more willing to give younger managers a chance anyway).

The only hope he has of another job now is some championship club in a desperate situation wanting someone in short term and that is surely incredibly unlikely after his performance with West Brom.  I expect to see him stinking up BT Sport's coverage shortly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sure he said he was going to retire after us, maybe the pain of opening another offshore account for his payoff from WBA will tip him over the edge. 
Poor bloke, I’d say he must be beside himself , but in his case he actually is, the fucking wobble. 

If WBA have a large payput required in the case of his sacking they've only got themselves to blame. Appointing him was pathetically bad to begin with so it's probably yo be expected that they don't. It's hard to fathom that "professionals" in charge of such large budgets could make a choice that a few hours of googling could substantiate as foolish.... at least it would be hard to if we hadn't lived through the Mike Ashley era.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

This is exactly right.  His ego won't allow him to go any further down the league even if any club had the money to throw away or the desire to employ a dinosaur like him (lower league clubs are more willing to give younger managers a chance anyway).

The only hope he has of another job now is some championship club in a desperate situation wanting someone in short term and that is surely incredibly unlikely after his performance with West Brom.  I expect to see him stinking up BT Sport's coverage shortly.

That would actually be quite honestly great comedy as it would show up how fundamentally lacking in footballing knowledge he is despite him making 10s of millions as a manager.

His arrogance post-match on Saturday was as evident as ever:

Late in the game disenfranchised Baggies fans made their thoughts on Bruce's position at the club known, with loud chants of 'Bruce out' and 'you don't know what you're doing' heard around The Hawthorns. After the match, Bruce defended his position following the persistent calls for his sacking.

"I've been in this a long, long time. If you've been doing it for 1,000 games you'd like to think you know what you're doing," he told BBC Radio WM. "Because I hear 'you don't know what you're doing', does it mean I'm going to walk out? No is the answer. Whatever happens above me is for other people to decide, I will carry on until I know different - I'm determined to turn the club around."

What an odious cunt. I feel relieved for the WBA fans tbh. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tinofbeans said:

wonder what they think of him, the west brom fans. i mean he's turned a team that would be good enough for the playoffs into a bottom 3 club. that really takes some doing. 

It'll be on a level akin to Indian boys when Mountbatten left.

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

His arrogance post-match on Saturday was as evident as ever:

What an odious cunt. I feel relieved for the WBA fans tbh. 

Gullit was arrogant but even he wrapped it when he saw what he'd done so that he didn't get money he hadn't earned. This guy is something else.

9 minutes ago, tinofbeans said:

wonder what they think of him, the west brom fans. i mean he's turned a team that would be good enough for the playoffs into a bottom 3 club. that really takes some doing. 

my.brother in law is wba supporter, he hats bruce like he's never hated a football manager before.

we got along quite well anyway, now we're practically joined at the hip.

• Haha 5

Imagine making the money he’s made out of football and still being a proper cuntish landlord. I mean I don’t know how he can be arsed but then there’s the fact his houses aren’t fit for habitation. I think what bugs me the most is how lazy he is. Unwilling to learn / adapt / develop but also even graft. Then he complains about it all the time. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ive been listening to a lot of Undr The Cosh podcasts. None of his ex-players seem to have anything nice to say about him.

Then again Danny Mills says Pardew is the best manager he has ever had.

I can imagine Pardew being canny crack. Unless he tries to buck your wife like.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Imagine making the money he’s made out of football and still being a proper cuntish landlord. I mean I don’t know how he can be arsed but then there’s the fact his houses aren’t fit for habitation. I think what bugs me the most is how lazy he is. Unwilling to learn / adapt / develop but also even graft. Then he complains about it all the time. 

Well y'know that's Right Move for ye.

Someone I know who works at the ground even said he was a horrible arrogant bloke. This was pre-takeover when we’d just signed Joelinton so before everyone hated him. Someone was saying that at least he seemed like a nice bloke (going off his media luvvies and the rep he had). This lass piped up and said all the players were sound and very respectful to the staff but Bruce basically blanked everyone he considered to be beneath him. Unless there was some issue, then he spoke to you like you were shit. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Gullit was arrogant but even he wrapped it when he saw what he'd done so that he didn't get money he hadn't earned. This guy is something else.

It's why, despite the god awful situation he had us in, I had some respect for Gullit. He knew he wasn't deserving of severance pay so resigned before they sacked him.

• Like 3