Coco set for start

ohmelads

Official site:

0,,10278~2715494,00.jpg

Coco Set For Start

By Ian Willis

POSSIBLE signing Francesco Coco is set for a run-out in Saturday's friendly with Yeading at St. James' Park.

The Inter Milan full back, capped 17 times by the Azzuri, jetted into Tyneside on Thursday to discuss a move to The Magpies.

The 28-year-old trained with United on Friday morning,  and Graeme Souness told nufc.co.uk this morning that he is hoping to get the green light to include him in his squad tomorrow.

"If we can get the permission, Francesco will be involved tomorrow," said Souness.

"I think we feel we need to strengthen in that area, so we'll have a look at him.

"It's a friendly game so we will be able to have a look at a few players and give them a run-out. They need games.

"But I'm going into the game with next week in mind and I'm going to try and concentrate on what I think will be the 11 that will start at Highbury next weekend.

"I want to give them as much football as possible. In some cases that will mean giving some of them 90 minutes.

Souness added: "Kieron Dyer will be back, I'm hoping he will play in in this one and maybe another friendly if we can get one arranged next week. 

"I would like to think Kieron can play in two friendlies and be ready for Arsenal.

"The team will be a little different to the one we put out the other night against Deportivo. Craig Moore will figure, though Lee Clark won't be involved."

Edited by ohmelads

Good news about Dyer. Still undecided about Coco - he can't be any worse than Elliott, but his fitness concerns me.

7832[/snapback]

Odds on him getting injured.

Good news about Dyer. Still undecided about Coco - he can't be any worse than Elliott, but his fitness concerns me.

7832[/snapback]

I just spoke to some Italian guy who told me about comments from Coco in the Italian press. He blamed the physios and coaches from Inter saying for the wrong schedules. He also had a go at Mancini for his training.

So basically he is injury prone, a moaner and makes regular appearances in the Italian gossip columns. Good thing that Newcastle are doing proper background checks nowadays when signing players...

Edited by Isegrim

7832[/snapback]

I just spoke to some Italian guy who told me about comments from Coco in the Italian press. He blamed the physios and coaches from Inter saying for the wrong schedules. He also had a go at Mancini for his training.

So basically he is injury prone, a moaner and makes regular appearances in the Italian gossip columns. Good think that Newcastle are doing proper background checks nowadays when signing players...

8284[/snapback]

He sounds perfect !