Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Which club in their right mind is going to buy Shelvey and pay him £80k pw?

I dunno, QPR? they've had form for that kind of thing in the past

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This is a disappointing knock-on effect of the “old-school” English managers dying out as only the likes of Bruce would tolerate him. Maybe if Mark Hughes ever lands a job again, he’ll pay mad money for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

How much longer are they going to let this bloke take the piss? 

I dunno, based on this output I feel like, in another life, me and Steve Bruce could have been great friends. 

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that out of the starters yesterday 5 played in the Championship. Here lies the problem. Brighton had 2.

Why are players like Wilock on the bench yet ASM starting against a well organised team playing out of position up front. 

We need a manager appoointing asap otherwise we become less and less an attractive job for someone and more of a job nobody will touch until next season. By which point going by current standards we will be down. 

• Like 1

Willock is taking injections to be able to play after injuring his toe a while back iirc. Apparently he just has to manage it until it heals. With that being said it likely explains why he hasn't exactly hit the heights this season, and is in and out of the team. And of course he didn't have a preseason and Cabbage just threw him in straight away, saying oh sure he's a  fit lad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Willock is taking injections to be able to play after injuring his toe a while back iirc. Apparently he just has to manage it until it heals. With that being said it likely explains why he hasn't exactly hit the heights this season, and is in and out of the team. And of course he didn't have a preseason and Cabbage just threw him in straight away, saying oh sure he's a  fit lad. 

Bruce was desperate to sign Willock, not surprising really since he saved his job last season. We spent all our Ashley budget on him for the summer, if he knew he was crocked, he wouldn't have give a shit, he'd have played him anyway in the hope history might repeat itself. 

• Like 2

Now no wins in 10 games& 6 points adrift. Here's November's fixtures before a brutal December 

Brighton (a)

Brentford (h)

Arsenal (a)

Norwich (h)

Obviously its about damage limitation until we get to January but unless we start picking up a couple of wins we could be that far adrift survival will be a struggle. Beds floating down the street btw

istockphoto-1191066351-612x612.jpg

On 19/10/2021 at 11:39, Kid Dynamite said:

Loan with most of his ridiculous wages being paid by us is the most likely scenario. 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 23:11, Rayvin said:

Yeah I think relegation will just mean we get laughed at by the rest of the world and have to stiff upper lip our way through that, but in the long run it'll be irrelevant.

That said, I echo what everyone else is saying. There's time yet and there are plenty of shit teams in the division this year.

In all honesty it may not be that much of an impediment. Of course it will be a deterrent to many players, but to others that are young and coming through the ranks a season in the championship with guaranteed time on the pitch the time to adjust to life in England would work. Likewise for the right manager it would form the ideal platform for implementing their system. Of course there is no guarantee of promotion, and we don't know what is in our players contracts relating to relegation but you would have to imagine that we would be capable of securing automatic promotion.

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Last season we went on a run of 2 wins in 22 games. Twenty Two. 

Woah, we're "nearly" half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer

Edited by trooper
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, trooper said:

Woah, we're "nearly" half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer

No.