Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm about 50/50. But I'm not particularly worried about relegation. 

I am worried that the new owners seem to be fumbling each appointment. Everything is taking far longer than it should. I hope they're learning quickly and I hope that once the DoF is in place everything else ticks along much more quickly.

Any news, anywhere on the DoF thing?

15 hours ago, Dougle said:

Any news, anywhere on the DoF thing?

Just that the process is ongoing, Emenalo still in the frame. Wouldn't be shocked if nowt happened until after the January window.

• Like 1

I am not that fuzzed about getting relegated. It’s Ashley’s legacy. It has been on the cards for a couple of years, even under Rafa. If the takeover had been concluded ahead of a season there might have been a much better head start for the new owners but that wasn’t to be.

Having to rebuild slowly in a lower league might also help to let the fake outrage settle about having rich but awkward owners. They certainly can’t blame us for making things too easy for ourselves.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I am not that fuzzed about getting relegated. It’s Ashley’s legacy. It has been on the cards for a couple of years, even under Rafa. If the takeover had been concluded ahead of a season there might have been a much better head start for the new owners but that wasn’t to be.

Having to rebuild slowly in a lower league might also help to let the fake outrage settle about having rich but awkward owners. They certainly can’t blame us for making things too easy for ourselves.

Might also give the owners a bit of time to settle in with a ready-made excuse for all concerned for the worst happening. I do believe they're going to need time to get up to speed with football, let alone the club itself.

It’s a kick in the balls for FFP iirc, that’s the main factor about being frustrated about it for me alongside the obvious wasted year down there. The result of Ashleys fucking total neglect, especially since the takeover breakdown/legal proceedings where he just completely gave up altogether with NUFC. 

I agree with the point of the outrage dying down, I used to worry they would use the year to get their house and attacks in order but tbh they’re a bunch of tits, they’ll do the same as they did when the initial breakdown happened - bury their heads in the sand and pretend it won’t be a problem. 

• Like 1

It's going to take a massive turn of events for us to survive now including a massive transfer window and lots of results going our way to keep us in touching distance come January. I know the effort today was positive, but the lack of quality was also apparent once again. It just looks like asking too much even with the new regime's resources. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

It's going to take a massive turn of events for us to survive now including a massive transfer window and lots of results going our way to keep us in touching distance come January. I know the effort today was positive, but the lack of quality was also apparent once again. It just looks like asking too much even with the new regime's resources. 

You have to wonder what sort of players we'll be able to attract with relegation staring us down.

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

You have to wonder what sort of players we'll be able to attract with relegation staring us down.

Thats just about what everyone is saying isn't it and part of what I mean by saying it might be too much to ask.

Hey the good thing is because the current crop is so shite we should still be able to improve and get better football even if we're cut adrift. 

If we fail to beat Burnley I think the writing is on the wall.  I don't buy the 'It knocks us back a year' shite like.  I think it knocks us back a couple of years at least.  But in the grand scheme of things its meh.

How many would have taken relegation if it meant the end of Ashley and the owners we have now?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They won their 14th v us at Pride Park...think we were the only side they beat that season...Allardyce set us up for a draw, Kenny Miller scored a belter for them... we drew with them at home too...

I think you're getting your seasons mixed up. This is Derby in 2000/01. Back to bed for you.

I'm not pissing the bed just yet. Six of our seven defeats have been against top eight sides. The damage has been done in not nicking a win in some of the draws we've had against the other sides. We haven't played terribly under Howe and have been let down by individual errors. The longer the manager has the better we're going to get. Safety isn't a certainty but if we recruit wisely in January I can see us being mid-table towards the end of the season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not pissing the bed just yet. Six of our seven defeats have been against top eight sides. The damage has been done in not nicking a win in some of the draws we've had against the other sides. We haven't played terribly under Howe and have been let down by individual errors. The longer the manager has the better we're going to get. Safety isn't a certainty but if we recruit wisely in January I can see us being mid-table towards the end of the season.

Aye

What concerns me to a degree is the indiviual errors that has cost us, have come from people who shouldn't be in the first team.

v Brentford - Darlow

v Arsenal - Krafth

v Norwich - Clark

When we all saw that back four last night we all sighed at Clark.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Respect for the positivity. Finding it hard to muster personally after looking at the table this morning.  

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

6 games in 26 days 

Burnley (h)

Leicester (a)

Liverpool (a)

Man City (h)

Man Utd (h)

Everton (a)

Merry Fucking Xmas 

3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1