Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

You're also not meant to stand chopsticks up in your rice like rugby goalposts because it looks like the chinese character for the number 4.

Thanks @Rayvin I've never had any urge to do this until now. Might even send a spring roll conversion through once they're up.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's unlucky due to being pronounced the same as the word for death. They have apartment blocks over there that skip out the numbering of the 4th floor. And the 13th.

You're also not meant to stand chopsticks up in your rice like rugby goalposts because it looks like the chinese character for the number 4.

That said, I can't see the 4 on our strip :lol:

I know its very unlucky to walk under a black cat 

• Haha 2

Settle in for some positivity. 

Newcastle need 1.3 points per game from the rest of the season to get to 40 points. 

If you managed that over the course of a season, it's the equivalent of having a 49-50 point season. 

We finished 12th last year with 45 and Villa finished 11th with 55. So you've basically got to have a rest-of-season somewhere near as good as those two teams. 

That is categorically not out of the question with a manager that actually knows how to coach and a transfer window. AND 40 points is probably more than is required. 

So...... 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Settle in for some positivity. 

Newcastle need 1.3 points per game from the rest of the season to get to 40 points. 

If you managed that over the course of a season, it's the equivalent of having a 49-50 point season. 

We finished 12th last year with 45 and Villa finished 11th with 55. So you've basically got to have a rest-of-season somewhere near as good as those two teams. 

That is categorically not out of the question with a manager that actually knows how to coach and a transfer window. AND 40 points is probably more than is required. 

So...... 

tenor.gif

Plus the fact that we have a run of tough games prior to January is a good thing as we'll have a chance to strengthen prior to playing the lesser sides, where we'll be more likely to pick up the requisite points.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We’re doomed. Needed to beat Brentford and Norwich. We need to win every other game from here on in. It’s a massive ask to expect us to turn it around given how shite we’ve been all season 

Today changes nowt. We were never getting anything out of today’s match. We’re 3 points off safety. Obviously we need to have a very good January transfer window and we’re in a heap of bother but it’s not a done deal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Today changes nowt. We were never getting anything out of today’s match. We’re 3 points off safety. Obviously we need to have a very good January transfer window and we’re in a heap of bother but it’s not a done deal. 

Burnley have three games in hand on us, Watford two. That’s changed 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I don’t really see their games getting postponed benefits them like 

They strengthen their sides with January transfers before they’re replayed?

Games like this just show how bad our squad really is. I still don't think we cannot stay up. I'm starting to accept how many new players we need. I did think Howe could do it with the current lot but even my optimistic outlook has taken a battering. How Clark can continue to make the mistakes when he has a golden second chance but Lascelles is next to him so who can blame him? Today was painful even if it was against Manchester City. 

• Like 1