Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

19 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

There has to be better defenders in the lower leagues than Clark,TOT,Manquillo,Murphy,Lewis The Coward and Ritchie.Better holding midfield players than Shelvey,Longstaff and Hayden.Better creative players than Almiron,ASM,BUJ7,Fraser and Willock The Shithouse.

Is Bletchley Park still decoding stuff? (Asking for a football message board). 👍

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Renton said:

See post above this one. If we need 7 wins, that means teams like Burnley need 6? Bollocks man. We just need to be the fourth worst team. We're not cut adrift, it's doable. As Alex said, today was irrelevant. In fact I thought we played okay, so gave me hope. 

We could be adrift if Burnley and Watford win some of their many games in hand 

A27FAF6D-F052-4A7E-9DB0-2A13A4C98CD5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Do you think they will? Our "games in hand" have been against Leicester, Liverpool, and Man City. They'll have tricky fixtures too. Also I note we so far haven't lost against a bottom 10 team. Going forward, these are the teams we need to beat. Dry your eyes, wipe your atse, and start believing. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Do you think they will? Our "games in hand" have been against Leicester, Liverpool, and Man City. They'll have tricky fixtures too. Also I note we so far haven't lost against a bottom 10 team. Going forward, these are the teams we need to beat. Dry your eyes, wipe your atse, and start believing. 

I’ll start believing when we start winning. It’s going to take a hell of a run to get us out of it. We’re almost half way through the season and we have a solitary win to our name. Even the most optimistic must be able to see we’re in serious shit. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ll start believing when we start winning. It’s going to take a hell of a run to get us out of it. We’re almost half way through the season and we have a solitary win to our name. Even the most optimistic must be able to see we’re in serious shit. 

Burnley is the only league match this season where we’ve kept a clean sheet. Defence is the priority. If we learn to defend then we can get enough wins against the shit around us to stay up.

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Being a Burnley native I have a lot of burnley supporting friends and not one of them is happy about these games being postponed, they have a tiny squad and they think they'll be utterly overwhelmed in trying to make up the fixtures.

Why anyone is looking at Norwich (who we did fine against with 10 men for 80 minutes) and Burnley (who we beat) and saying "yeah but if they win their games in hand..." is beyond me. 

They're where they are cos they're not the sort of team to win their games in hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Why anyone is looking at Norwich (who we did fine against with 10 men for 80 minutes) and Burnley (who we beat) and saying "yeah but if they win their games in hand..." is beyond me. 

They're where they are cos they're not the sort of team to win their games in hand. 

Norwich are done. Burnley have been a stinking the premier league out for years but usually find a way to grind out enough points. 

The next 15 games could easily be 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses. That give you 30 points with 5 games to play. 

That’s not an unrealistic target. Look at where you are with such a terrible start. You’re just 3 points (and a massive score line) away from survival. 
I still think you’ll stay up. Burnley and Brentford will drop 

• Like 2

If I was a Leeds fan i would be shitting my pants. Their best two players out injured and they're in free fall. Bielsa has walked before when he thinks he can't get the team out of it. I cant see them spending much in Jan either. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think Brentford will be fine but other than that, I like the cut of your jib. 

I think Brentford will go down by 1 point. Norwich and Burnley are gone. They’re both terrible. 

you aren’t a terrible side, I just think your defence is so weak. Shelvey isn’t as bad as some make out. I even read some people today blaming ASM?????
Saying because he’s so attacking, he leaves the defence exposed. Laughable ffs

2 things there, you were playing one of the best attacking sides in the world. 2nd point, attacking players should be allowed to attack, the defence need to defend. He’s a key player in your survival. 

• Like 2

I was glad he didn't start yesterday.  Almiron does what ASM doesn't do in tracking back.  But man he is shite going forward.  Yesterday ASM did pass it more.

For me, ASM is the only player who has looked better under Bruce! 

• Like 1

Can someone explain why no one seems to think Watford could go down? They've lost 4 in a row. I know they beat Man Utd a few weeks ago but they've not exactly been pulling up trees anywhere else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Can someone explain why no one seems to think Watford could go down? They've lost 4 in a row. I know they beat Man Utd a few weeks ago but they've not exactly been pulling up trees anywhere else.

They’ve won three more games than us 

Aye but so have most of these teams. Even Norwich have won more games than us and some of the teams people are mentioning here have 5 wins :lol: 

Anyway if we'd managed to win those two easier games instead of fucking them up we'd be on 14 points atm which I think is more representative of where we should be really. Assuming January allows us to improve, I think we can recover those 4 missed points and get out of this still. We need signings in place by mid-Jan though, that's when the easier games hit.