Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Looking at it objectively I’d say we’re going down. I just can’t see us suddenly starting to perform, even when we play well the result escapes us one way or another.

I’m not sure exactly what the problem is, certainly personnel for a start, the spine of the team has to be one of the weakest in the league.

Also despite an apparent attacking philosophy we can’t seem to buy a goal & more often than not when we do score it’s not borne out of a system of play but individual brilliance which isn’t sustainable & certainly not something we can rely on.

Take ASM out of the team and we are sitting ducks he's not everybody's favourite (First name on the team sheet for me) but if he can just try and be more consistent and pass the ball a bit more, I'd like to see Almiron back in the team we need more speed/pace in the team but also need someone to boss the midfield

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It's a long way from over yet. 

remember what Leicester City did in 2015

Dead last on April 3rd but went on a winning run and finished 14th

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 9.26.29 AM.png

I like the cut of this man's jib. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like the cut of this man's jib. 

:lol: The bed wetters counter that Leicester’s team was clearly miles fucking better than the one we have, it just wasn’t known at the time. 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We need at least 7 wins from 18 games after winning one in 20…. my undrecrackers remain perfectly dry obviously, but it has to be stated that this run of results is highly unlikely to say the least :cuppa:

I don't think 7 from 18 is totally unrealistic !

For me it all depends on which players join in this window.  The bookies still think there's a chance.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.12.28 AM.png

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nothing less than 12 points tbh.

imagine we put together a three game winning run, starting at leeds, imagine if we sign a couple of top class players at CM and CD. imagine the change in mood. imagine daring to dream again.

then remember this is newcastle utd

• Haha 5

I’m kind of in the ‘we may as well go down and clear out the dross’ frame of mind now. Obviously it would be better to stay up and do that. I think what’ll be annoying is it looks like there’ll be a really low bar set this year in terms of what’s required to survive. I mean we’re two points off safety having won one fucking league match more than half way through the season 

Just now, Alex said:

I’m kind of in the ‘we may as well go down and clear out the dross’ frame of mind now. Obviously it would be better to stay up and do that. I think what’ll be annoying is it looks like there’ll be a really low bar set this year in terms of what’s required to survive. I mean we’re two points off safety having won one fucking league match more than half way through the season 

with the extra investment we have a head start over most of the other clubs around us. but this cuts deeper. we've literally forgotten how to win. we need to tear up the squad and start again. i'd be shipping most of them out even if we do go down

• Like 1

With Rafa gone, Everton may slide further. Although we are not doing well, I feel the stars are aligning for us this year. I don't think we can underestimate the damage that Ashley and Bruce have cause and left and you only have to look at Sunderland to see the damage that does, even if it is amusing. It may be that Everton are in a similar boat. One can but hope. 

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We are in. 4 team league, we win that and we stay up. I think a couple of decent signings will do it. If this is it we’re fucked. I don’t understand why some people are pissing the bed and shitting their pants about ffp in the championship.

Person not people 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Leicester had Cambiasso in midfield ffs :lol: He’d walk into our side now. And I mean him now.

Yes. A player at the end of his career who knew how to control the midfield & manage a game.  Surely there is a player out there that fits that description & wants that big last payday.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A welsh person maybe? 

Just maybe or even a Dane but I was thinking along the lines of  a Jorginho or Thiago type of player. Someone who can control a game.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1