Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

25 minutes ago, strawb said:

This is a genuine question.

What is the highest defcon in real life? Does it go down from 5 or up from 1?

Considering some of the experts in this thread have barely played football, let alone know where the goal is, it's definitely

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Todays the day. Where will we end up?

Defcon GIF by South Park

Win Defcon 5

Draw Defcon 4

Lose Defcon 3

Genuine question.

What makes you still nervous about relegation?

• We are the form team in the league
  • We have a stronger squad than Jan and are winning games without Trippier, ASM and Wilson.
  • We have a manager the players have bought into and are grafting their bollocks off
  • There are teams like Leeds, Everton & Brentford in utter free fall with no signs of arrest.

We are 7 points from the relegation zone with the same number of games as Burnley.  Burnley have a game in hand on Everton, two on Leeds & 3 on Brenford.  All of which we are above.  We are 9 points above Watford whom we have a game in hand on and Norwich we have 11 points.

Yes we still have some very tough games to play, Liverpool, City and Arsenal in a run.  But I would like to think we are safe by then.  Games we were down to lose now, I have hope we can get a point, or, even nick all three.  Brighton a great case for that.  We have Everton in a few games.  Lets bang another nail in their coffin!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Genuine question.

What makes you still nervous about relegation?

• We are the form team in the league
  • We have a stronger squad than Jan and are winning games without Trippier, ASM and Wilson.
  • We have a manager the players have bought into and are grafting their bollocks off
  • There are teams like Leeds, Everton & Brentford in utter free fall with no signs of arrest.

We are 7 points from the relegation zone with the same number of games as Burnley.  Burnley have a game in hand on Everton, two on Leeds & 3 on Brenford.  All of which we are above.  We are 9 points above Watford whom we have a game in hand on and Norwich we have 11 points.

Yes we still have some very tough games to play, Liverpool, City and Arsenal in a run.  But I would like to think we are safe by then.  Games we were down to lose now, I have hope we can get a point, or, even nick all three.  Brighton a great case for that.  We have Everton in a few games.  Lets bang another nail in their coffin!

Im just a pussy :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

look CT, i was bedwetter CEO and even i'm as cool as ice right now. stop trying to steal my thunder. i'll tell you when to start panicking again. clue - it won't be anytime soon

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

look CT, i was bedwetter CEO and even i'm as cool as ice right now. stop trying to steal my thunder. i'll tell you when to start panicking again. clue - it won't be anytime soon

If we lose to Southampton & Chelsea. (Wouldn’t be a major shock).

Everton’s next 2 games are at home. Win them and they are above us with 2 games in hand.

Leeds next 2 games are Villa and Norwich at home. Win and they go above us.

Burnley play Brentford next. Win and they are on 24 points with 2 games in hand.

We will be 4 points clear of the drop with Tottenham wolves and Leicester up next.

A massive 7 days imo.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Everton’s next 2 games are at home. Win them and they are above us with 2 games in hand.

Burnley play Brentford next. Win and they are on 24 points with 2 games in hand.

We will be 4 points clear of the drop with Tottenham wolves and Leicester up next.

A massive 7 days imo.

have you seen the form of the clubs you mention? Have you seen our form? We can afford to lose more games. My need another 6-8 points from our remaining games to secure safety. I reckon we’ll end up with loads more than that and will finish the season comfortably safe with 40+ points around 12th/13th place. I’ll tell you when we need to start worrying again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

have you seen the form of the clubs you mention? Have you seen our form? We can afford to lose more games. My need another 6-8 points from our remaining games to secure safety. I reckon we’ll end up with loads more than that and will finish the season comfortably safe with 40+ points around 12th/13th place. I’ll tell you when we need to start worrying again. 

I Hope Please GIF

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

After many years of being shite, the pessimism is understandable.

BUT it's not as if we are managed by cabbagehead anymore, so it's a lot less about lucky wins.

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

A massive 7 days imo.

tenor.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

This is it for me.

Leeds whilst in free fall have Bamford returning and they did look better v Leicester, plus a new manager so may have a bounce.  Everton however look absolute turd and have far harder fixtures than us.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

This is it for me.

Leeds whilst in free fall have Bamford returning and they did look better v Leicester, plus a new manager so may have a bounce.  Everton however look absolute turd and have far harder fixtures than us.

They don't look like an organised side at all. They didn't improve their control of the ball, or defensive standard in the window and Lampard hasn't shown any evidence that he can get a team organised in midfield or at the back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

They don't look like an organised side at all. They didn't improve their control of the ball, or defensive standard in the window and Lampard hasn't shown any evidence that he can get a team organised in midfield or at the back.

I’d argue they weakened in the window, selling Digne and bringing in an inferior player to replace him and then loaning/buying two players who while ability wise maybe improve them neither looks up for any type of fight nor has much incentive to be. 

Honestly I think Gemmill was right about them, they look absolutely fucked to me. Burnley will inevitably pick up some points as they churn out draws for fun but Everton look weak as fuck. They play the two bottom sides, but every other game is tough and imo Watford are a bad match up for them since they are decent at scoring goals. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Halfway point in the season. 19 games played. 11 points. 1 win. Shite

BE15D1AD-6E95-47A5-AD06-0F6A0BFA8558.thumb.jpeg.ef819d4c70f8e36296075446d8a5e4e6.jpeg

8 games and 20 points later :D

5570B51D-026A-4455-BEF5-61C7E8FB0641.thumb.jpeg.0f19654f0899cec02963e786b58546f8.jpeg

Howe has done an absolutely extraordinary job. Easily one of the world's best ever gingers.

• Haha 4

Absurd looking at those tables, especially if you look at the mid table sides like Brighton as they had 5 wins and were clearly safe and now we have the same amount of wins as them.